No announcement yet.

Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see anything between her and Alec, of course, usually I am totally oblivious to these things. Don't really care about Pete and Sam either, they can keep that engagement forever if they want and as long as it's off screen and not making Sam behave completely unprofessional like she did in Affinity- I won't care. They can break it off and as long as Sam doesn't go running to Jack on screen or even speaking of it on screen or start moping around- I won't care. Yup, still with keeping everyone's love life off screen and "romance" between certain main characters non-existant.
    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Not that I'm a shipper fan; quite the contrary, but if Sam and Jack don't get together and do take on different partners, that means TPTB would have to contribute time to both of their "other sides." That would take away time from all the action, and lately there hasn't been that much anyway. I don't like that either. so stick 'em together and we can watch their personal lives unfold aas they kick alien butt!

Sound like a plan?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
        ...so stick 'em together and we can watch their personal lives unfold aas they kick alien butt!

Sound like a plan?
        I'm sorry, you must have this thread confused with the Ship Discussion Thread. This is the ANTI S/J ship thread. Thus, people here DO NOT want to see Sam and Jack together, That's the entire point of the thread. Hence the ANTI in the subject line.

So no, that sounds like an incredibly stupid and lazy solution to an already bad problem. Why do we have to see their personal lives at all? A touch now and then is fine, but we don't need whole eps devoted to what they do when they aren't saving the world.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the comments made by AT in the interview below the following has been started on SDF.

As a side issue to this interview, apparently a poll was held a while ago,
          by TPTB, to let them know how many people were for ship, and how many were
          against it. Who wanted to see the kiss between S/J and who would be reaching
          for the sick bag. A lot of people seem to have no knowledge
          of it. It seems that the poll results were evenly matched, and the kiss was
          shown. Anyway, it's about time this was cleared up once and for all. I've
          set up a poll where you can vote either for or against. IP's will be logged, extra safeguards are in place and you won't be able to vote more than once. I'm well aware of proxy's and alll proxy lists will be checked once the poll is complete. Let's make this the real deal. Let's find out once and for all where the fandom stands.

Whether you're a shipper or a non shipper, make your vote count. It takes a
          second, and as it appears this is an important topic for most people, every
          vote counts. Although this is a Daniel friendly site, this is first and foremost a Stargate site, and you'll find that there's probably more Jack on there than Daniel. I'm posting here, because I want to make sure that all sides get a fair and equal opportunity to vote. I've also posted it in the J/S shipper thread. So far in the last few hours there have been over 270 votes cast. The balance is changing all the time.

Amanda Tapping is interviewed in Dreamwatch Mag.She talks about season
          eight, Jack and Pete, and Sam's new role as leader of SG1. Here's an
          extract:

When asked if the new season will see Carter becoming engaged to Pete,
          Tapping becomes coy. "You'll see," she replies. "It's not all set in stone.
          I love Pete, and I love the fact that Pete has brought out this side of
          Carter that has been basically dormant for seven years, or has only been
          hinted atwith an obvious attraction to O'Neill," she continues. "You now get
          to see Carter explore the ability to love, which I think has opened up her
          character in a great way."

While discussing the men in Carters life, Tapping is reminded of her early
          discussions with the show's producers about how season eight would pan out.
          "When they asked me, 'What do you want to see?' I said, 'If this really is
          the last season, let's have her go fishing with O'Neill at the end. It can
          be totally ambiguous! It doesn't have to mean anything, it could mean
          everything, who knows, but, *******it, can she just go fishing with the guy?
          I said that half jokingly, but a part of me really would like to see her go
          fishing with O'Neill, because I think that still needs to be tied up. In
          Grace, Carter realised, that in order to fulfil the potential of her life
          ouside the SGc, she had to move on. So she's made that decision, but we
          don't know where O'Neill stands. We've never addressed where O'Neill really
          stood."

Please feel free to forward to any groups you think might be interested, whichever side of the fence they're on.

Suzanna
          http://www.stargatedanielfriendly.net
          http://www.michaelshanksonline.com

Comment

I've set up a poll where you can vote either for or against. IP's will be logged, extra safeguards are in place and you won't be able to vote more than once. I'm well aware of proxy's and alll proxy lists will be checked once the poll is complete. Let's make this the real deal. Let's find out once and for all where the fandom stands.
            I'm not a big believer in polls, other than for entertainment purposes. Even if it was 100% accurate, it would only reflect fandom views, not the viewing public at large.

But thought I'd go check it out. LOL! It tells me I've already voted. When I haven't.

This upsets me. Must contact hackers so I can vote in this poll.
            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Polls and statistics can be made to say anything you want them to say. And as Kes pointed out, they only reflect the views of those who actually hear about and visit the site. Good luck with it, but don't expect the results to be "solid proof" of anything.

Comment

Wow, got a better response on the shipper thread. You can contact me if you like, send me your IP and I'll check if you've voted already. 270 have done so and no other problems, unless you already have. By the way, it takes a hacker to know one! And if anyone attempts to hack into the poll, I'll spot it and it will do no favours to the non shipper cause.

Comment

You got a better response on the shipper thread because they're shippers. They're already assured of a shippy ending one way or another, so they're all for proving their love for S/J with a poll. Besides, the pro- side of anything invariably ends up sounding more positive than the anti- side.

Comment

Originally posted by Suz
                    Wow, got a better response on the shipper thread. You can contact me if you like, send me your IP and I'll check if you've voted already. 270 have done so and no other problems, unless you already have. By the way, it takes a hacker to know one! And if anyone attempts to hack into the poll, I'll spot it and it will do no favours to the non shipper cause.
                    Uh, I was kidding about the hacker thing. I can assure you I haven't voted. Unless, maybe, it was one of my OTHER personalities.
                    Last edited by keshou; 28 August 2004, 06:19 PM.
                    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

The problem with locking it onto an IP is that if more than one person shares an IP, only the first one to the poll can vote.

It's part of the reason than bans are difficult to perform on public forums like this. Sure, you can get rid of the troublemaker, but anyone else with that IP is gonna get screwed.

Of course, if push comes to shove, the troublemaker will get banned, anyway. Guess the same is true for the polls. One person on the IP votes and that's it.

Comment

Gaa! Polls are evil! I'm a non-voter for... everything. I don't even plan on voting in US elections either, so don't feel offended or anything.

On this site at least, there are more shippers than anti-shippers that I know of. I'm sure that there are more anti-shippers, but it's slightly intimidating to admit with the literally thousands of shipper posts.
                        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

First off, let me say that I'm a pretty heavy shipper - and I'm sure many of you know this already. Is this a protected thread? Anywho, I just wanted to say that I read some of your very FIRST posts, guys, and I really liked them (sorry, I couldn't go through them all, because there are a lot). I'm totally for the "Friendship First" philosophy between any members of the team, and a lot of those Positive Posts read into the friendship part of Sam and Jack very well.

Here's to Anti-Shippers and Shippers finally coming together to simply enjoy the relationships within the show for what they've always canonly been expressed as: Deep friendships and commitments equaling that of a family.

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom

On this site at least, there are more shippers than anti-shippers that I know of. I'm sure that there are more anti-shippers, but it's slightly intimidating to admit with the literally thousands of shipper posts.

I'm not intimidated. I'll shout it to the rooftops. I'll post it in every relevent thread.

I hate Jack and Sam ship!
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              First off, let me say that I'm a pretty heavy shipper - and I'm sure many of you know this already. Is this a protected thread?
                              Kind of. It's an equivalent of sorts to the S/J shipper thread. It's a thread where the Topic is 'anti-Sam/Jack ship', so anyone posting pro-S/J stuff can get glared at for off-topicness. Anyone can post here, including shippers with questions or comments for anti-shippers, (or to respond directly to comments made in here about S/Jers). As long as they accept - in this thread - that anti-ship is Right

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              Here's to Anti-Shippers and Shippers finally coming together to simply enjoy the relationships within the show for what they've always canonly been expressed as: Deep friendships and commitments equaling that of a family.
                              Anyone fancy watching Solitudes again?

Madeleine

Comment

Can't even remember if I've posted this, my head hurts so much. Just in case though:

If you've been told you've already voted when you haven't, it's likely because you're on AOL Hell! AOL uses a IP cloaking system, which makes it seem as though you all have the same IP Address.

Annie's given a solution.

Try opening a separate Internet Explorer session (while still logged onto AOL) and then going to:

http://stargatedanielfriendly.net/html/index.php

and voting.

The problem is that the site is logging IPs and AOL will re-use IP addresses.

Apparently this works

Comment

Working...
                                X