No announcement yet.

Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just loved Jonas and the way Corin protrayed him. An intriguing combination of naivete and brilliance... his wide-eyed way of experiencing everything on earth ad the SGC for the first time was invigorating, and helped remind us of just how awe-inspiring were the things we started to take for granted after five years.

I always thought he got a raw deal because fans all vented their anger at Michael Shanks leaving on him. There was no way his character could win...

There were so many possibilities to explore the character that they just didn't have time to get to. They shuttled him off so quickly... in the commentaries on the S7 DVD they mentioned that they felt they said goodbye to him too quickly, but that doesn't make it better..

I too think he would have brought some great story lines for S7 or S8.

^Ravinia^

Comment

One of the things I loved most about Jonas was the excitement and enthusiasm he had for each new adventure. And the way the team looked at Jonas when he was excited made me think they were remembering how they felt in the beginning and maybe were feeling those butterflies again. One of the best things about the early seasons was the enthusiasm of the team in merely going through the gate. With Jonas, we had a little of that feeling back.
      And of course he wasn't bad to look at either.
      sigpic
      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

I never got the feeling that Jonas was particularly wanted on his home world which could be part of what I liked about him. It made him vulnerable. He was so much younger than anyone else that they showed us from there....except for that girl in season 7 that drove me crazy. But I digress. I think that Jonas has been a misunderstood and underused character regardless of which planet TPTB had him on.
        Desperate Thunker

Comment

I wish that TPTB had stuck with their plan to send Jonas off to Atlantis. Even with him being banished to Kelowna/Langara, they still could have managed it... if they'd really wanted to. And it drives me absolutely INSANE that they would introduce such a potentially monumental storyline about Jonas and his genetics with not one but TWO separate goa'uld (at least two, the stuff in Fallout could have gone a lot of ways) showing a marked interest in him... AND THEY DROP IT!!! They've dropped a lot of good storylines in the past, but the one with Jonas is the most personally aggravating. And I STILL say Nirrti let him off way too easy. Even writing a fic about it hasn't gotten that out of my system.

I also still want to know what stories were rejected before TPTB finally accepted what became Fallout.

Oh and look. Here's a pic from when the two of us went to the beach .
          Last edited by ShadowMaat; 08 July 2005, 12:41 PM. Reason: putting in links because I'm sick of constantly having to fix attachments

Comment

Shadow, any chance u could try to get Corin to shows his 2xsist tighty whities or at least a waistband?

I totally agree with you on the potential storylines they threw away. I still thing they should put him on Atlantis for season 2.

Comment

Oh, I would LOVE to, believe me! I think my hands would be shaking too bad to take the pic, though. Would have to get someone else to do it. I might be able to lend Corin a hand, though. Or two. Those shots can be very tricky to set up, y'know.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                I always liked jonas' earnestness. He was so open minded and would try very hard to do the right thing.
                It seemed to be, IMO, that he also a had a zest for life in a suttle kind of way.

CN was also the music video by Willie Nelson and Toby Keith, Beer For My Horses.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                  I think someone should warn the authorities that you're coming over Shadow.

I think he did a great job making his character multi-dimensional and giving Jonas real presence. I was really disappointed that he couldn't have stayed in the series somewhere, instead of being relegated to one episode with seriously dodgy hair. That hair was scary. Shouldn't have been allowed.
                  Why do people keep dissing the hair from Fail Safe, S7? I loved his whole look in that episode. It was very stylish, and I thought, very Thunderbirds in a sixties kind of way. Definitely cool.

I'm at L3 too - so far that's you, me and Shadow.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                    Why do people keep dissing the hair from Fail Safe, S7? I loved his whole look in that episode. It was very stylish, and I thought, very Thunderbirds in a sixties kind of way. Definitely cool.
                    Well, as I said, I don't like long hair on guys. I got used to the look from Corin's appearance at Gatecon that year and managed to learn to like it a little, but it still kinda bugs me and- as a lot of people have said- the fact that Jonas' girlfriend in the ep had the exact same haircut made it very weird. If EVERYONE had had the same style and it had been some sort of national hairstyle or something, that might have been one thing, but as it was, it just didn't sit very well with me. *shrug* What can I say? I like it short and spikey.

Comment

LOL! Well I have to admit I'm a long hair kind of gal (hubs has long hair too). I dunno, I guess I get bored with short, spike and shorn styles. Living in south east London as I do, that's all you ever see. Thousands of blokes who all look like the Mitchell Brothers off Eastenders.

I did love what he wore in that episode though, and I stand by my assertion that it was stylish!
                      sigpic

Comment

I did love what he wore in that episode though, and I stand by my assertion that it was stylish!
                        The wardrobe department has always loved Corin/Jonas and I have always loved them for it. Well, except for that horrible, hot, heavy nightmare from his first ep. No wonder he looked uncomfortable and bug-eyed. If that collar had been any tighter he'd have choked to death! Bleah.

But yes, the tight t-shirts and tight pants and high Kelownan everydaywear fashion was indeed wonderful to look at.

Comment

I'm surprised you even noticed the hair!
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm surprised you even noticed the hair!
                            Corin's hair, like RDA's, I like better short. Michael Shank's I liked better long. However, I think whatever hair, they are all hunks. Chris Judge though, I was just so used to no hair, I'm having a hard time adjusting to the having.....hair.
                            sigpic
                            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

If you've seen the collage pic on corinnemec.com, I like his hair that way. It's swept back out of his eyes so you can actually see his pretty face. Maybe it isn't the length so much as the particular style that I don't like.

And as shallow and horrible as it is of me to say, I sincerely hope he's gotten a haircut recently because his hair in Fallout was miles better than the scraggly scrufty look he was sporting at the most recent Gatecon. Sorry, but it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. *cringes* Of course, I'll love him anyway, but it's easier when he has nice hair.

I wallow in my shallowness.

Comment

My favorite Jonas hair is indisputedly the look he boasted in Fallen and Homecoming. A bit fuller and softer than the S6 standard, it just seemed to suit him so well.

I'll have to join the naysayers on the Fallout hairstyle. I wasn't a fan of it at all. Although if anybody wants a good laugh, I'd recommend watching the Fallout commentary. They make lots of jokes about his and Kianna's matching hair. LOL

I totally agree that Jonas should have been on Atlantis. It seems likely to me that the whole 'Ancient gene' idea probably had its roots in his character development, and it's almost a sure bet that he would have the gene and be even better with Ancient technology than Sheppard.

I miss him so much... I was very discouraged when I found out that his return appearance in Fallout was not due to 'hey, let's bring Jonas back, that'd be fun!' but rather Corin had a three-episode contract they were required to fill. Grr.
                                "Someone duplicated the duplicators?"

~ Jack; Smoke and Mirrors

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

Amelia's Violin - a Jonas/ OC romance. Version 2.0. New, improved, and COMPLETE!!!

A Day in the life of Sparky:

...???... ......!!!.....[ ]..............!!!... .........

The End!!

Comment

Working...
                                X