Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyStargateLife View Post
    I don't have a facebook xP I would never bother going... it's like myspace. I have one but I never visit it. Last time I looked at it was a couple months ago.

Yay! Can't wait ^.^

And I totally just realized something the other day. I finally made the connection that Richard Speck is based off a real story, and the entire title is 'Chicago Massacre: Richard Speck.' So I asked my mom if she'd heard of Richard Speck (the guy) and she said yeah. I live right by Chicago Knowing this, it just makes me want to see the movie even more. xD I had actually never heard of him before I found out about this movie. But then again I'm not very good with the history of Illinois >.<

And it's been 6 days since I ordered three Corin movies off Ebay and I still haven't gotten them xP Why must the mail be so slow?!?!??

Oh! I just remembered. I started working on my Jonas/Jack friendship fiction today! They're my favorite SG-1 characters (if you couldn't tell by the sig ) and I was always kinda sad they never really got an episode together to actually get to know one another and become friends. The fic's I've read on ff.net aren't really how I had imagined. They either got too emotional or they didn't capture either Jack or Jonas quite right. And then, of course, there were the just down right terrible ones. So I'm going to attempt to make one of my own. I'm more of a visual/verbal person so my fics usually rely more on the dialog and expressions then inner thought. So it'll kind of be like reading an episode script (and I emphasis 'kind of'). Just telling you so you know what to expect... if anyone here decides to read it that is
    I really don't know what my obsession with 'Speck' is.. I think it's boarding on unhealthy though.... is that possible where CN wearing a cowboy hat is involved? Actually thank you for reminding me of it, I'm at parent's house for the night and on my own computer, I can burn it....
    Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Originally posted by MyStargateLife View Post
      I was looking at all the smilies Zuz has made when I suddenly had a totally awesome thought. A Jonas smiley from 'Fallout.' I was going to request it when I thought I could just as easily make it myself. So I edited the original and made a couple new ones ^.^

'Fallout' Jonas:

Probably not the greatest smilies ever made but I get a kick out of the 'Fallout' ones xD
      Aw, so cute. *Ruffles*
      Originally posted by Sun'shyne View Post

Oh, and side note: I'm almost through editting the first panel Corin was in at Gatecon.. I have a whopping 43 pics of him that are good enough quality to upload soonish LOL!!!
      Yay!

I gave in and ordered The First To Go. Let's hope it turns up soonish so we can add to the (sadly meagre) half-nekkid collection.

Also, if you live in Florida Robodoc is having a limited theatrical release in that very state from September 26th. *notes lack of response* Or alternatively, it's being released on the spinny shiny thing on October 21st.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
        Aw, so cute. *Ruffles*

Yay!

I gave in and ordered The First To Go. Let's hope it turns up soonish so we can add to the (sadly meagre) half-nekkid collection.

Also, if you live in Florida Robodoc is having a limited theatrical release in that very state from September 26th. *notes lack of response* Or alternatively, it's being released on the spinny shiny thing on October 21st.
        Those few moments of half-nekkid are precious, precious I tells ye!

...Is now the scheduled time for me to whine about how some films that should get a DVD release don't, and ones that probably shouldn't do? I mean, what's the point unless there's murd'rin/slackin'/nekkid to be had?
        sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
          ...Is now the scheduled time for me to whine about how some films that should get a DVD release don't, and ones that probably shouldn't do? I mean, what's the point unless there's murd'rin/slackin'/nekkid to be had?
          Why yes, I believe it is.

There is that CN defined outrageousness to look forward to, I suppose.
          I haven't bothered ordering it yet... CN being outrageous vs. awful trailer and dialogue. Hmm.

Oh, aussi, Hidden Secrets has just been released on DVD. It has deleted scenes. I wonder if they put back some of CN's ad-libs.

Comment

*Grumble grumble* No PLCL travesty *Mutters angrily* I want slacker!film industry loser!CN in High Hopes which will never see daylight again *Sulks*

I'm done. For now.

Its a tough call. Might be best to err on the side of caution though. Just had a flashback of that trailer...

CN ad-libs are good things. This would be a good thing if they were included. I'm not expecting much in the way of further exploring certain aspects of the character though, from what you're said. Ya know when you hear about something, and you just want to grab the script yourself and write it without what context ended up reducing/removing the potentially really interesting stuff?

Perhaps not
            sigpic

Comment

I made it better by looking through some Con pics LOL!!!

Nope, nor do I want to!!!!

Yay! Can't wait to see the caps!!!
              Howdy all. Long time lurker.

I just have to say that I love your banner, Sunny.
              sigpic
              Sig made by me

Comment

Hiya DJgirl!

*Grumble grumble* No PLCL travesty *Mutters angrily* I want slacker!film industry loser!CN in High Hopes which will never see daylight again *Sulks*
                I'll just cut and paste the above. *nods*

I'm done. For now.
                'til we meet again. BWA-hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa.

What?
                Its a tough call. Might be best to err on the side of caution though. Just had a flashback of that trailer...
                I think I'm going to keep an eye on the pricing. I'm not expecting a lot of full RRPs.
                CN ad-libs are good things. This would be a good thing if they were included. I'm not expecting much in the way of further exploring certain aspects of the character though, from what you're said. Ya know when you hear about something, and you just want to grab the script yourself and write it without what context ended up reducing/removing the potentially really interesting stuff?

Perhaps not
                Yeah, unfortunately, it's got to work in the genre.

Comment

Hello, DJgirl *waves*

'til we meet again. BWA-hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa.

What?
                  On an all too regular basis, it seems. Same time, same place, two months from now, let's say?

Yeah, unfortunately, it's got to work in the genre.
                  Genre and potential audience, yep. Which won't take well to certain things, or would render them out of place or inappropriate. Oh, well.
                  sigpic

Comment

On an all too regular basis, it seems. Same time, same place, two months from now, let's say?
                    I reckon so. That Bundy film will be out soon.
                    Genre and potential audience, yep. Which won't take well to certain things, or would render them out of place or inappropriate. Oh, well.
                    Always a shame, because it definitely could have been a good mainstream movie.

Comment

Indeed it will. Looks like my estimate may actually have been a wee bit generous...

I'm so glad that I can manage to nicely poke fun here *and* be a fan at the same time, without someone getting on their high horse. Its a more realistic approach, I feel
                      sigpic

Comment

Indeed it will. Looks like my estimate may actually have been a wee bit generous...

I'm so glad that I can manage to nicely poke fun here *and* be a fan at the same time, without someone getting on their high horse. Its a more realistic approach, I feel
                        At least CN is up front in Bundy, so hopefully it'll be more Speck than snorefest.

On gentle poking; well, what can you say? The man has had a wide, and varied career.
                        *wonders where should be asked, "Why so serious?"*

Comment

Oh yay!! Just in time for my birthday!!!

Yes.. there may have been some sarcasm in there....

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                          Howdy all. Long time lurker.

I just have to say that I love your banner, Sunny.
                          Hey DJGirl!! Thanks!! I like it too lol.. the drawing I made during our marriage course weekend... I was quite bored...

How are things in the furnace? I have to get back in there again...

Hello, DJgirl *waves*

I doubt nekkidness or Thory-goodness is ever out of place or inappropriate....

The Bundy film?

That's what this whole thread is about isn't it?? Poking fun and still being unreasonably fangirlish?
                          Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

[B][COLOR="Red"]

That's what this whole thread is about isn't it?? Poking fun and still being unreasonably fangirlish?
                            Yes, yes it is. If only the rest of the fannish interwebs were quite as chilled... I personally think that Corin would be a bit spooked if we took it all too seriously
                            sigpic

Comment

I doubt nekkidness or Thory-goodness is ever out of place or inappropriate....

It's more gentle fun at the roles and films he chooses. If he worked his career in a more boring sensible fashion, and didn't pick roles on the basis of if the character interests him, rather than the script being good* , he wouldn't be half as much fun to be a fan of.

For some not going "OMG, everything X does is awesome!" all the time means you aren't a fan. Which is why GW has to have pro and anti threads, and large parts of the internet is a bland place.

I don't think poking fun and being a massive fan is mutually exclusive. It's not even a particularly fine line to tread. Sports fans do it all the time.
                              The Bundy film?
                              Bundy: An American Icon
                              I'm guessing an early 2009 release by Lionsgate.

*by good I suppose I mean the agent speak of will it make the actor hugely famous.
                              Last edited by smurf; 13 September 2008, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Yes, yes it is. If only the rest of the fannish interwebs were quite as chilled... I personally think that Corin would be a bit spooked if we took it all too seriously
                                It seemed from Gatecon he gets spooked if he finds out that anyone actually watches his films.

Comment

Working...
                                X