No announcement yet.

Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking about Martouf being brainwashed by the Goa'uld and programmed to assassinate.
    Okay my question, Lantash was okay to be put in the SGC soldier (can't remember his name) and he never tried to kill himself cuz he couldn't fulfill the mission. So is it possible they can only brainwash Tau'Ri and not Tok'Ra/Goa'uld?
    If a host is willing to know they have this problem and have a Tok'Ra knowingly go into them to cure them of this, since the Tok'Ra can cure the all common disease of cancer and such and comeout unharmed, or even just blend?
    O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

I've just been watching the Sci Fi channel all afternoon. They had a marathon showing of 'V-the mini series' (anyone remember it? Aliens who were lizards taking over earth?) and I noticed that the lady who played 'Pamela' the 'alien visitor' was Garshaw of Belote! She was even prettier 20 years ago.
      Sigs by the very gifted Luciana
      STARCON - For further information, please go to: aurorisentertainment

Comment

Oo, and happy new year, my friends! ((HUGE HUGGLES))

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
          I was thinking about Martouf being brainwashed by the Goa'uld and programmed to assassinate.
          Okay my question, Lantash was okay to be put in the SGC soldier (can't remember his name) and he never tried to kill himself cuz he couldn't fulfill the mission. So is it possible they can only brainwash Tau'Ri and not Tok'Ra/Goa'uld?
          If a host is willing to know they have this problem and have a Tok'Ra knowingly go into them to cure them of this, since the Tok'Ra can cure the all common disease of cancer and such and comeout unharmed, or even just blend?
          That is not the only problem - if they only brainwashed Martouf, then why did Lantash not just take over? We know the symbiotes can control and suppress the host if they so wish. Lantash would surely have done this the moment he realised his host was brainwashed.

Perhaps both were brainwashed and they figured out how to cure Lantash/he cured himself eventually???? They didn't say that, though...

Which brings me to something else - why couldn't Lantash heal Martouf? We have seen many hosts be much more damaged and then be healed totally - the ashrak's host had third-degree burns to 80% of the body and was healed without a scar by the symbiote.

And yet another thing - why did it take Lantash 1 1/2 year to heal himself? Why was he even damaged? Martouf was not hit by shots near Lantash and if he wasn't brainwashed...? Also...the zat'nik'tel shot seems to only work fully on the one in control.

My personal opinion is that Lantash indeed healed Martouf and they were then sent off somewhere on a secret mission - what better agent than one everyone thinks is dead? The 'Lantash' we were shown were then a partially successful clone (and that is why he was trying to heal himself), meant to hide the truth from the Tau'ri as well, to guarantee no one knew.
          sigpic
          Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by medusacascade View Post
            I've just been watching the Sci Fi channel all afternoon. They had a marathon showing of 'V-the mini series' (anyone remember it? Aliens who were lizards taking over earth?) and I noticed that the lady who played 'Pamela' the 'alien visitor' was Garshaw of Belote! She was even prettier 20 years ago.
            I saw some of it maybe 6-8 years ago when they showed it on Danish television. I don't remember much of it.

*hugs* medu

Happy New Year, everyone!
            sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Hiya, Skadi! I agree, we all know that Martouf and Lantash aren't dead, they're just on an undercover mission for the Tok'ra *swoon*

Comment

Heh - I have no life It's New Year's Eve (almost 2 am) and I'm just sitting here posting on gateworld
                sigpic

Comment

Me too *grin* My fiance is snoring away next to me and I'm chatting away on here! Much more important, I think you'll agree?

Comment

My boyfriend is playing computer games - he just came over to my computer (yup, we have one each in the same room - very social ) and wants me to come and watch the fireworks with him. People in the city are still shooting rockets up almost constantly. It's actually quite pretty. I better go join him

I may be back later...we'll see.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                      My guess would be that since the symbiotes seem to have greater control over the physical aspects of their hosts, that as soon as Lantash knew about the brainwashing, he could essentially "turn off" the programming. But he would have had to be brainwashed so that he didn't know about it until it was too late.

Also, Skadi, I wonder if healing takes more time/effort if you care about the host. For instance, brain damage wouldn't be such a big worry for a Goa'uld, while it would take a lot of effort to prevent with a Tok'ra, what with all the blood loss and following oxygen loss. But wasn't Martouf considered dead when he got the second zat shot? I don't know, I don't watch that episode...

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                      ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                        My guess would be that since the symbiotes seem to have greater control over the physical aspects of their hosts, that as soon as Lantash knew about the brainwashing, he could essentially "turn off" the programming. But he would have had to be brainwashed so that he didn't know about it until it was too late.

Also, Skadi, I wonder if healing takes more time/effort if you care about the host. For instance, brain damage wouldn't be such a big worry for a Goa'uld, while it would take a lot of effort to prevent with a Tok'ra, what with all the blood loss and following oxygen loss. But wasn't Martouf considered dead when he got the second zat shot? I don't know, I don't watch that episode...
                        I don't normally watch that episode either - or Last Stand/Summit, for that matter. I did go and watch the latter, and no, Martouf wasn't dead. Ren'al? said that Lantash might have been able to heal Martouf, but that they didn't want to risk them both dying. Sam, who was very angry, said she thought it was because they wanted someone to cut up and examine to determine how the brainwashing was done - meaning Lantash was not brainwashed??? But that can't make sense, because I agree that Lantash would have been able to undo the brainwashing or take control until he could undo it, if he was not brainwashed.

I agree with Skadi - it does not make sense. Only explanation is the undercover agent one
                        sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                        (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                        Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Me thinks there is a plot bunny were somehow Lantash learns about the brainwashing in time to undo it...
                          sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                          (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                          Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
                            Me thinks there is a plot bunny were somehow Lantash learns about the brainwashing in time to undo it...
                            That sounds awesome. RingThing? Could you put it wherever it is you enter plot bunnies? Been a long time since I saw you, though...
                            sigpic

Comment

In 'Continuum', do you think the Tok'ra had built the pyramid as well? I realise that if something is Goa'uld culture, it is probably often also Tok'ra culture.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                                In 'Continuum', do you think the Tok'ra had built the pyramid as well? I realise that if something is Goa'uld culture, it is probably often also Tok'ra culture.
                                They could have the knowledge of how to build the pyramids. I would think they would prefer to, they wouldn't have to look at all the Goa'uld writing and be reminded of them and what they did to them for thousands of years.
                                O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Working...
                                X