Samantha Carter/Martouf/Lantash Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
    You know, I've never thought of that, but you're right. That's the way of looking at it - focus on all the many realities where they get each other Now I really want to writers to show us just ONE of those.
    I know a bunch of people really hate alternate universe episodes, but I really love them. No matter what happened in the ones we see, it's a chance to get answers to those "what if" questions. So I like that side of things...I just don't like it when the writers use them to support something happening in this reality. I get how alternate Sam could end up with Jack, but that doesn't mean I think our Sam would. You can't believe how overjoyed I was when the writers (who seem to support only two ships) gave us some really meaty alternate Sam/Martouf/Lantash ship. Of course, they couldn't give us a happily-ever-after...but I'm grateful for what we got, especially because it's canon proof that they could work together, which a lot of shippers don't ever get for their ships.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
      I know a bunch of people really hate alternate universe episodes, but I really love them. No matter what happened in the ones we see, it's a chance to get answers to those "what if" questions. So I like that side of things...I just don't like it when the writers use them to support something happening in this reality. I get how alternate Sam could end up with Jack, but that doesn't mean I think our Sam would. You can't believe how overjoyed I was when the writers (who seem to support only two ships) gave us some really meaty alternate Sam/Martouf/Lantash ship. Of course, they couldn't give us a happily-ever-after...but I'm grateful for what we got, especially because it's canon proof that they could work together, which a lot of shippers don't ever get for their ships.
      I love AU stories and time travel stories, they are always my favorites, both in Stargate, Star Trek, and any other sci-fi.

It's true - we do know that they tried getting together, I just wish the writers would have been nice and let them stay happily together (not that we, to my knowledge, has ever seen them do that to anyone...). Oh, well, I will take it as proof that they could be happy together, and that they very well may be, in countless universes. Now, writers, please show us one of those!

-Skadi
      sigpic
      Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I'm not a S/M shipper as I always suspected that Martouf might care more about the remnants of Jolinar than about the real Sam. However after 'Ripple Effect' it seems that they might have worked if only for a while (until Sam came to her senses and married Jack )
        Anyway here's a fic Sam the tok'ra

Comment

Thanks a lot for the link

We disagree, of course, on Sam's relationships, since I never saw any chemistry between Sam and Jack, but plenty between Sam and Martouf/Lantash. Also, the writers at least said that Lantash loved Sam as much as he loved Jolinar, so since host/symbiote love as one, Martouf must indeed have loved Sam for herself.

From Last Stand:

Spoiler:

ELLIOT: He loves you Major. That's one of the only reasons he was fighting to live. He just wanted you to know.
          CARTER: The symbiote I carried was Martouf's mate. Martouf and I became close friends because of it.
          ELLIOT: I'm telling you he loves you. As much as he once loved Jolinar. He regrets what happened, that the host ultimately died. He doesn't want you to feel responsible.

Regarding the 'Ripple Effects' episode - I read somewhere that either Brad Wright or Peter DeLuise meant it to be Cam that Sam was with (I suppose we can agree on that being a bad move from Sam's side...)
          sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
            Thanks a lot for the link

We disagree, of course, on Sam's relationships, since I never saw any chemistry between Sam and Jack, but plenty between Sam and Martouf/Lantash. Also, the writers at least said that Lantash loved Sam as much as he loved Jolinar, so since host/symbiote love as one, Martouf must indeed have loved Sam for herself.

From Last Stand:

Spoiler:

ELLIOT: He loves you Major. That's one of the only reasons he was fighting to live. He just wanted you to know.
            CARTER: The symbiote I carried was Martouf's mate. Martouf and I became close friends because of it.
            ELLIOT: I'm telling you he loves you. As much as he once loved Jolinar. He regrets what happened, that the host ultimately died. He doesn't want you to feel responsible.

Regarding the 'Ripple Effects' episode - I read somewhere that either Brad Wright or Peter DeLuise meant it to be Cam that Sam was with (I suppose we can agree on that being a bad move from Sam's side...)
            It was Peter DeLuise (the director) who suggested Sam/Cam in Ripple Efect, bu he was nixed by the writer Joe Mallozzi a professed S/J and D/V sympathizer. I actually think Lantash loved Sam more than Martouf did, and not just because she was once host to Jolinar...

Comment

I love AU stories and time travel stories, they are always my favorites, both in Stargate, Star Trek, and any other sci-fi.

It's true - we do know that they tried getting together, I just wish the writers would have been nice and let them stay happily together (not that we, to my knowledge, has ever seen them do that to anyone...). Oh, well, I will take it as proof that they could be happy together, and that they very well may be, in countless universes. Now, writers, please show us one of those!

-Skadi
              I love them as well. It's the only way for us poor shippers to see, what we always wanted to see. *sighs* But even in "Ripple effect" they didn't kiss. Gosh! So close, so damn close...!
              sigpic

Comment

Just reposting this picture because it is one of my favorites.

-Skadi
                sigpic

Comment

Just reposting this picture because it is one of my favorites.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/PDVD_013.jpg

-Skadi
                  Thank you! It is also one of my favorites
                  sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Congratz on the 500 posts, Hathor_girl!
                    sigpic
                    button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
                      Thank you! It is also one of my favorites
                      I love how caring Martouf/Lantash is...his love for her isn't just about him, it's about her as well.

Comment

Awww...that's an amazing moment.
                        And I still love it, that they don't care about Jack.

I mean, I love jack and SG isn't the same without him...

But nevertheless...I don't care about him in that special moment.
                        sigpic

Comment

There's a Tok'ra Appreciation group, if any of you are interested...
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/group.php?groupid=76

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                            There's a Tok'ra Appreciation group, if any of you are interested...
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/group.php?groupid=76
                            -Skadi
                            sigpic

Comment

me too
                              sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

I've also joined now - already 6 members, yay
                                sigpic
                                button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Working...
                                X