No announcement yet.

Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Gate Geek would agree with me that Cliff is a very nice, very good looking man. He tries to make people feel at ease with him. Cliff also goes out of his way to make others feel like they are the most important person in the room when he is talking to them. That is what attracted me to him above his looks and talent as an actor. He also is a good man who cares about other people. Very thoughtful and kind, he agrees to do what he can to make the convention experience better for the fans. I was amazed when he initially agreed to take his shirt off at the con in Vancouver in 2006. He won't do that any more, for his own reasons, but he has agreed to other things that other actors, I am sure, would never be willing to do. I've tried to get Michael Shanks, Chris Judge and David Hewlett to my Fan Parties. I haven't even gotten a reply from them, let alone an apology for not attending. The same is true of many other actors. There are actors like Ryan Robbins, Alex Zahara, Dan Payne, and Colin Cunningham who do what they can to attend my parties. But I have found Cliff the most approachable of any of them. My purpose for writing this is to let everyone know that my reasons for being a major Cliff Simon fan go beyond his appearance and talent as an actor. He is a genuinely nice person. And that is why I would like to see him have every success. He deserves it.

I just felt a need to share. I have no idea why.
    Last edited by Arctic Goddess; 20 June 2008, 02:09 PM.
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post

I think Gate Geek would agree with me that Cliff is a very nice, very good looking man. He tries to make people feel at ease with him. Cliff also goes out of his way to make others feel like they are the most important person in the room when he is talking to them. That is what attracted me to him above his looks and talent as an actor. He also is a good man who cares about other people. Very thoughtful and kind, he agrees to do what he can to make the convention experience better for the fans. I was amazed when he initially agreed to take his shirt off at the con in Vancouver in 2006. He won't do that any more, for his own reasons, but he has agreed to other things that other actors, I am sure, would never be willing to do. I've tried to get Michael Shanks, Chris Judge and David Hewlett to my Fan Parties. I haven't even gotten a reply from them, let alone an apology for not attending. The same is true of many other actors. There are actors like Ryan Robbins, Alex Zahara, Dan Payne, and Colin Cunningham who do what they can to attend my parties. But I have found Cliff the most approachable of any of them. My purpose for writing this is to let everyone know that my reasons for being a major Cliff Simon fan go beyond his appearance and talent as an actor. He is a genuinely nice person. And that is why I would like to see him have every success. He deserves it.

I just felt a need to share. I have no idea why.

Share all ya want hon!! I totally agree with you!!! I wasn't a huge fan of Ba'al and knew practically nothing about CS until I actually got to meet him in person last November!

Of all the actors, he really blew me away with how down to earth he was. No lofty "I'm the star" behavior. Just genuine warmth and caring that couldn't be faked. He also really appreciates his fans and certainly makes you feel like you're the only person in the room.

When I was in NJ and it was time for my photo op with Cliff, I was blown away when he said my name and grabbed me into a bear hug (thanks AG!). The camera guy got a bit impatient that I took an extra 20 seconds too long but Cliff didn't care at all. It's all about the fans for him. And at that point, I fell in love with him.

I'm very excited to see Cliff again in August (more so than RDA actually) and am hoping I can get another hug and another photo. *gets giddy with excitement*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
          Share all ya want hon!! I totally agree with you!!! I wasn't a huge fan of Ba'al and knew practically nothing about CS until I actually got to meet him in person last November!

Of all the actors, he really blew me away with how down to earth he was. No lofty "I'm the star" behavior. Just genuine warmth and caring that couldn't be faked. He also really appreciates his fans and certainly makes you feel like you're the only person in the room.

When I was in NJ and it was time for my photo op with Cliff, I was blown away when he said my name and grabbed me into a bear hug (thanks AG!). The camera guy got a bit impatient that I took an extra 20 seconds too long but Cliff didn't care at all. It's all about the fans for him. And at that point, I fell in love with him.

I'm very excited to see Cliff again in August (more so than RDA actually) and am hoping I can get another hug and another photo. *gets giddy with excitement*
          Absolutely, GG. It really is all about the fans for Cliff. He has said many times that if it weren't for the people who watch Stargate, he wouldn't have a job. So he very much appreciates the fans. The one thing that I have been encouraging Cliff about is that as a very private person, he doesn't promote himself as much as he should. That's why he isn't on a dozen different shows like Michael Shanks is. And, that is another reason why I did the CDs. It was to help promote Cliff as much as anything else.

Comment

As many people know, Cliff is a very strong supporter of the "Bully Dog Breeds", having one himself. He recently became aware of an interest in a law in Ohio to euthanise all Pitt Bulls. He has asked that his fans sign the petition against this, if they agree it should not happen. I offered to pass this on for him. You can view the message and sign the petition at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/10121985/petition.html

Comment

As many people know, Cliff is a very strong supporter of the "Bully Dog Breeds", having one himself. He recently became aware of an interest in a law in Ohio to euthanise all Pitt Bulls. He has asked that his fans sign the petition against this, if they agree it should not happen. I offered to pass this on for him. You can view the message and sign the petition at:

I would sign, but the petition says 'Residents of Ohio'. Then again, how would they know I wasn't - other than my email address being '.co.uk'.

In the UK, the Dangerous Dogs Act says that anyone who owns a "type of dog known as a pit bull terrier" must have it neutered, and keep it muzzled and on a lead in public. The snag is that officially there's no such thing as a pit bull in the UK. It's not a breed that's recognised by the UK Kennel Club, there are no breed standards, so anybody accused of owning a pit bull could justly claim that it wasn't one. Yes, there have been occasions when pit bulls have attacked people, but that's because the dog was owned as a macho status symbol or as a guard dog and not treated as a member of the family. (I'm leaving dogs trained to fight out of this. Dog fights are illegal in the UK, as they are in most US states.) According to a representative of the Dogs Trust (a UK dog rescue charity that will not have a healthy dog put to sleep), a well-kept pit bull is no more likely to attack a human than is a Jack Russell terrier.

I notice that the UK law says that pit bulls must be neutered, while the proposed Ohio state law says 'euthanised'. In both cases the breed will be killed off, but at least the UK law allows the dogs their natural life-span, rather than killing them off straight away. Neither law is just is a just law when the problem is the owners/breeders and not the dogs, but at least our law gives the dogs the rest of their lives to live. I cannot back any law that kills a healthy animal for something that's not its fault.
              Last edited by Cheerful Dragon; 21 June 2008, 05:31 PM.
              C-D
              Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

thanks - this topic always kills me. not the dogs should be euthanized. the owners who abuse them should be! i know this won't happen and I wouldn't do this in RL - it's just really p****** me off.

Comment

Comment

oh- what is he looking at?

I have a Pauley-Perrette-fanpage on myspace and I posted a bulletin about this Pitt Bull ban petition. Sadly some people really believe those dogs are vicous and not their owners. But I do what I can to open their eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                      oh- what is he looking at?

I have a Pauley-Perrette-fanpage on myspace and I posted a bulletin about this Pitt Bull ban petition. Sadly some people really believe those dogs are vicous and not their owners. But I do what I can to open their eyes.
                      He's giving Fainne the eye as she lies on her bed in a skimpy outfit. LOL

Comment

A new picture of Cliff. Well, one I haven't seen before.

Comment

He's giving Fainne the eye as she lies on her bed in a skimpy outfit. LOL
                          it's bedtime my sweet lord

aww, that picture is cute. And his dog (?) seems to be very happy (and lucky )

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                            it's bedtime my sweet lord

aww, that picture is cute. And his dog (?) seems to be very happy (and lucky )

Yes, that is Harley, his dog.

Comment

A new picture of Cliff. Well, one I haven't seen before.

That is a very nice pix!
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh. That's awesome!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X