Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Oh, but I do! And he looked so much older to me and "quiet". Jack "light". Did RDA fly to Vancouver for just that?!
    Yes, that last bit made me sad. Probably filmed that scene same time as the one in the first ep. I don't know if there was something he was trying to get across, but just couldn't manage it. It all seemed so awkward between him and Daniel. I am really looking forward to seeing Sam again, too. I loved her interview that was posted here. I'm a mom too and I know just what she means!!
    sig by PM

Comment

Welcome to even more newbies and de-lurkers: Simha, AmberMoon, Daivy, Dani76, and Queen Eleta (who must be visiting from another kingdom), et al.

Hope you decide to stay around! After tonight's episode, some of the Royal Court and our Samanda guests may need a drink ... so the Bar is Open!

Help yourself to some blue-jello shots and sloe gin! It's on the house!

Last edited by ChopinGal; 29 July 2005, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        About tonight's ending of Origin...
        Spoiler:

I'd just like to know... what the hell was the point of bringing Jack/RDA back for that? What a total waste of his time and ours. Good Lord... I can't believe I waited three weeks for that. Here I was waiting and hoping to see this grand farewell to a man who gave us eight great years and what did we get?? Well I can't really express what we got because this is a PG forum. Oh well. I'm gonna go find something to take my mind off my irritation.

Here's hoping you all don't feel as totally let down and disappointed as I do right now.

Kat
        I totally agree! After watching *that* I only have one thing to say...

When is Sam coming back???
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to even more newbies and de-lurkers: Simha, AmberMoon, Daivy, Dani76, and Queen Eleta (who must be visiting from another kingdom), et al.

Hope you decide to stay around! After tonight's episode, some of the Royal Court and our Samanda guests may need a drink ... so the Bar is Open!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...uorCabinet.jpg

Thank you for the drink.... tonight ep was lame. ....... goes off and takes a drink. Can't say much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            About tonight's ending of Origin...
            Spoiler:

I'd just like to know... what the hell was the point of bringing Jack/RDA back for that? What a total waste of his time and ours. Good Lord... I can't believe I waited three weeks for that. Here I was waiting and hoping to see this grand farewell to a man who gave us eight great years and what did we get?? Well I can't really express what we got because this is a PG forum. Oh well. I'm gonna go find something to take my mind off my irritation.

Here's hoping you all don't feel as totally let down and disappointed as I do right now.

Kat
            Sorry. I'm right there with ya.

I don't quite get the mythology yet...it seems kinda rushed to me.

The scenes with Jack were a real disappointment. I was excited about a Jack and Daniel banter scene...but it was so subdued. I miss Jack.

Then there's the NO SAM thing which leaves me feeling empty after watching.

SAM!!!! WHEREFORE ART THOU???!???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
              Thank you for the drink.... tonight ep was lame. ....... goes off and takes a drink. Can't say much about it.
              I do not drink. But I will make an exception this time. I wonder how this will effect the cold meds I'm on. Maybe I'll forget the whole episode? Go back to feeling the innocent anticipation of seeing... well... something? Well, as Jack would say:
              "TPTB boned us again!"
              sig by PM

Comment

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...uorCabinet.jpg

Thanks (((ChopinGal)))! After tonights ep, it's definitely time for a beverage of choice and I'm not talking water here...I'll take a Baileys and butterscotch schnapps please! Make that a double! (sorry can't do the sloe gin...bad ju-ju!).

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                  I do not drink. But I will make an exception this time. I wonder how this will effect the cold meds I'm on. Maybe I'll forget the whole episode? Go back to feeling the innocent anticipation of seeing... well... something? Well, as Jack would say:
                  "TPTB boned us again!"
                  All I have to say is thank goodness for the DVDs. That way, I can watch the True SG-1.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                    All I have to say is thank goodness for the DVDs. That way, I can watch the True SG-1.
                    No kidding! You know I started out liking this episode, because there were no innuendos or juvenile jokes. It was more a mature show that I am used to seeing. They were introducing the new enemy. Teal’c actually had a storyline. Vala was more a normal character with a few funny lines without being disturbing.

However (you know there has to be a however), It was still too slow. After 45 minutes I thought the show was over. And Jack's scene
                    Spoiler:
                    to think I rushed home to watch the episode for the sole purpose that I couldn't wait to see Jack in the show and now that I have seen it, I am still waiting... Did they cut some scenes? I'm increasingly annoyed that Mitchell has all the O'Neill mannerisms. It's like they are writing Mitchell as a young O'Neill. (Mitchell: “Now that’s what I’m talking about?” My mom was watching it with me and she said “Didn’t Jack use to say that?” She doesn’t watch the show unless I come over to visit.)

Are they purposefully not allowing Jack to interact as he used to keep the fans from missing him and wanting him back?? Mitchell had more O'Neill lines than Jack did!! I agree with several others, I don't understand why TPTB wasted his talents on such a minute and seriously lacking scene.
                    So I don't really see a point in watching any more episodes until Sam returns. The previews for next week seem to be back to the innuendos and bad jokes.

Comment

Didn't mind the ep tonight [could've been better, yep, also could've been loads worse) but I miss Sam. Vala's irreverence is refreshing, but there's no one who can say 'Yes, sir' with cheek and still get away with it like AT.

Comment

I heard that there where some drinks in this thread that can help me to get over tonight's last 2 min in SG-1...

I want Sam back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Well, did another little drabble for samcarter100 - for the Character Death challenge :O

Counterstrike
                          Don't get scared of by the Character Death part, it's all good

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

All New Citizens of Samanda

Please access the above Royal Directory for links that will help you to become acquainted with the Kingdom of Samanda.

Should you then have further questions about anything Samandan, please feel free to post your queries or PM any of the Royal Court!

We are thrilled to have all the recent newbies who have been dropping in lately and do hope you stay on with us. As has already been said, we have many amazing and talented people on this thread (including our dear Lida) and we welcome new members who share our love of the Queen.

Happy hunting in our royal files! And, remember, "hic comitas regit".

Court Jester
                            I just looked over the list and realized...

I've. Been. Cut.

*runs off whining*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey y'all! Thanx for the warm welcome and the "drinks". I changed my sig a bit, it's shorter now. But if I make a new sig, the older posts will also have that new sig, or will they not have that?

You'll receive green for welcoming me, my thanx 2 you.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

I was re-watching some of the music videos on my hard drive tonight. I guess I was in the mood for heavy duty music and “Evil Carter” fit the bill. It came across as high drama and I loved it! I must have been in need of a Replicarter fix! Poor Yu and Daniel....

I’m sure this has been posted before but I thought I’d post it again for those who haven’t seen it.

Here’s the link to the German site. They also have a rather wrenching video tribute to Janet. “Evil Carter” is the second one of the list; scroll down to the bottom for Janet’s.

http://www.stargate-mv.de/musik_videos.htm
                                Last edited by SamFan31; 30 July 2005, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X