Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucylou
    Hiya everyone,

If i'm stepping on anyones toes feel free to ignore this and if there's another Amanda appreciation thread feel free to ignore it too. I'm aware there's a Sam's a great character thread which is just a wonderful thread but I haven't seen one dedicated to the immensely talented and stunning Amanda (I did look in the searchy bit but couldn't see anything. I apologise if there is) So I thought I'd start this one so that we could discuss Amanda's work and talent in an appreciative, supportive and non flamey way. So yup, feel free to discuss...

Lucy xxx
    lucy, i love amanda and sam too! PLEASE come over to the 'sam's a great character' thread. we talk sam AND amanda.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
      Okay, this is my first try with a Sig, so bear with me.
      Yay, Dani - looks good to me.

Er, d'ya wanna talk to Daivy - great sig, but a bit *untidy*?

Daivy - over here, Jaffa cakes are horribly sweet orangey things. I hope they're better in Belguim than they are in the UK!!! That said, Coley feeds them to Hugo (the large and spirited dog) so they can't be all bad.

1speed (the man with no sig, 'cos it's too techy and complicated. But one of these days... )

Comment

Hey Daivy! Hey Dani!

Hey, I didn't know there was another AT thread. How long has it been around?

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
          sally, I believe what you actually dreamt about was AT performing with the GABIT band on their forthcoming tour!!!

We originally had her down as lead vocalist, but it looks like AT will actually be starring as a combined vocalist/drummer a la Phil Collins (but obviously better looking, and infinitely more talented ).

The full line-up (so far) is:-

ChopinGal (piano)
          SeaBee (guitar)
          dispofjazz (ye olde Banjo)
          1speed or Coley (bass) - yet to be decided by a Bass-Off (with the loser relegated to the role of roadie).

For more GABIT-related ramblings, see the GABIT Attendees thread!!!
          is this real?

(if it's not, don't laugh at me! )

21 DAYS 'TILL AMANDA/SAM RETURNS!!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Hey Daivy! Hey Dani!

Hey, I didn't know there was another AT thread. How long has it been around?
            Lucylou opened it on June 18th, but there are only about 9 or 10 replies, and everybody keeps inviting everybody to come over here, since, after all, we admire both, Sam AND Amanda.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy
              Well, Saly (I think it was) mentioned a dream about Amanda, so I thought, why won't I? So here it is, it's really crazy but the good thing is, I posted this dream earlier on the "Stargate Dreams and Fantasies thread" and when I'll have another dream about her I'll post it there OK?

I was in my old school and there was chaos in that room (a polyvalent hall, for drama plays). Suddenly I saw Amanda "flying" from one place to another with those branches that Tarzan uses 2 get into trees (English is not my first Language, sorry). So when I saw Amanda there (apperently we were married) I yelled: Honey, stop that, your pregnant (and I also might said, think of our baby, Olivia).

BTW I remember another Sam? Amanda ? dream (well it actually was a dream about SG-1. But That detial I remember, the Biology lessons I had a school not, LOL.)

I remember SG-1 and I were locked up, and for a reason I can't remember, Amanda or Sam don't know who kissed me, well we were kissing echother.

I don't know if it was Sam or Amanda, cause it could be that I saw Amanda in Sam's Clothes.

Yes, even in my dreams I think of Amanda, ain't that sweet? LOl

wow, your dreams are *much* different than mine! i can tell you aren't suffering in them.

for a reason i can't figure out, i've been dreaming sam/amanda more than ever.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Okay, Everybody! It's time for "Origin". Gotta go. See ya all later.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  is this real?

(if it's not, don't laugh at me! )

21 DAYS 'TILL AMANDA/SAM RETURNS!!

sally
                  Hi sally, to be perfectly honest, I think it's something that just exists in GateWorld-world. But we can all dream, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    lucy, i love amanda and sam too! PLEASE come over to the 'sam's a great character' thread. we talk sam AND amanda.

sally
                    Yeah, lucy - please come and join us on the SaGC thread.

I'm only a relative newbie, and hadn't even heard of AT before. I'm now working my way through the Stargate mythology, and am going to GABIT in October. To be honest, I have been wondering what I've let myself in for (although meeting various fellow Samandans is part of the attraction).

I've also been stressing-out over how to react / what to say to AT, but your testimony as to what she (our Queen) is really like has eased my mind. After all, she's basically an English lass, so we ought to get on like a house on fire, eh?

Comment

I really liked tonight's episode and I like Season 9, but I can't wait for Amanda to be back (only 21 days, yipeeh). It will be so much better with her back in the team.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

About tonight's ending of Origin...
                        Spoiler:

I'd just like to know... what the hell was the point of bringing Jack/RDA back for that? What a total waste of his time and ours. Good Lord... I can't believe I waited three weeks for that. Here I was waiting and hoping to see this grand farewell to a man who gave us eight great years and what did we get?? Well I can't really express what we got because this is a PG forum. Oh well. I'm gonna go find something to take my mind off my irritation.

Here's hoping you all don't feel as totally let down and disappointed as I do right now.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Hello AM,

Nice to see you join us and thanks for the wall.
                          I tried to give you some green, but the jello nazi said No JELLO for you.
                          He's been shouting that at me alot today.

Hey ForeverSg1! Great to be here! You know me, I've been a lurker mostly and loved everything I've seen & read in this thread. All y'all rock!
                          Btw, saw the book and all I can say is AWESOME! I was totally floored when I saw my manips as part of the package!
                          All I could think of was "Hey, I'm published!". It was like the best Christmas present ever.
                          I also appreciate the green jello welcome...thank you the dancer of spaz, Skydiver, majorsal!

Comment

Spoiler:

I'd just like to know... what the hell was the point of bringing Jack/RDA back for that? What a total waste of his time and ours. Good Lord... I can't believe I waited three weeks for that. Here I was waiting and hoping to see this grand farewell to a man who gave us eight great years and what did we get?? Well I can't really express what we got because this is a PG forum. Oh well. I'm gonna go find something to take my mind off my irritation.

Here's hoping you all don't feel as totally let down and disappointed as I do right now.

Kat
                            Oh, but I do! And he looked so much older to me and subdued. Jack light. Did RDA fly to Vancouver for just that?!

The entire episode left me thinking even more how much I miss Sam Carter! And don't these priori, or a priori, or posteriori guys remind you of a certain Anubis character ... come on, glowing eyes and bleached faces and scars?! I was so hoping the third time would be the charm ... but this episode seemed crammed full of disconnected babble and characters pontificating, distressing, blue coding, supposing, proselytizing, reviving, surviving, misguiding ... ad infinitum. Could someone please tell the writers that sometimes, in this galaxy and beyond, less is more!!

This is Camelot?! Not!

How many days did you just say until Sam brightens up the set with her smile and personality?!

Absolutely LOVE your lioness sig! Rowr ... Carter the Cat!
                            Last edited by ChopinGal; 29 July 2005, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Just checking in briefly to let you know that Round 41 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Resurrection was eliminated in Round 40.

Please keep voting, so we can save the Sam-centric episodes! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...87#post4392987

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Thanks!

Comment

Spoiler:

Kat
                                Kat, I'm right there with you!
                                Spoiler:
                                Totally disappointed, totally disgusted with TPTB! I knew he was leaving but they could have ended his 8 glorious, thunkalicious years with a much better script! AT better come back with a bang cause this ep's ending pretty much s&%#$!

Comment

Working...
                                X