Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Alright Samandans...feel my pain.

Last Friday, a bolt of lightning flashed outside my kitchen window. Scared me to death. I saw it and before I knew it, I was belly down on the kitchen floor...what am I, special forced trained or something???

Anyway, little did I know then that my secondary computer was toasty fried and the other was affected by a burst of electricity that burnt my router and then travelled to my ethernet port on my primary computer.

I didn't have any problems getting online Friday night after it happened so it never occurred to me that there'd be an issue. So when things went wrong I assumed that there was a major glitch in Windows...tried to fix the "software" problem and then was forced to back up the hard drive, reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows.

It didn't work.

I continued trying and trying and finally FINALLY yesterday...I was able to reinstall Windows and Service Pack 2 (which was what was giving me the problem btw). So I'd like to adjust the axiom that says "Third time's the charm"....it's actually more like the 10th time...or as Jack said in Window of Opportunity..."Well General you know what they say. If at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try, try, try again..."

Needless to say I have ZERO idea of what's happened in Samanda since Saturday. Could someone be so kind as to clue me in?

Danke schön!

Alrighty so now we're up to Origin are we? Well...I'll primarily be watching just to see what Sam's in for when she returns but I fear that I'll walk away with that same sense of emptiness...like something's missing...

But Sam will be back soon!

Aw man, I'm so sorry Uber. I've been through that mess and it was a nightmare. Glad you are back up and running.

Yep, Origin is on tonight's limited menu, (kinda like being a vegetarian in a regular place, you don't have many choices), that's how I feel about SG-1 without Sam. But I'll watch and know that 'our heart" will be back with us soon.

Glad you are back Uber!
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Hey y'all, mind if I give my opinion about Amanda?

I like Amanda cause, she's B E A uitiful! (Beautiful), very very sweet, carryin, very funny, loves her fans very much ... is gonna be an EXCELLENT, OUTSTANDING Mommy 2 Olivia . Everyone is goin' to say I'm crazy but I think Amanda belongs in the galaries of the big ones (famous and well known stars (actresses like Nicole Kidman, Jodie Foster, Sandra Bullock..... . She's a normal person 2 (not somebody who can't keep their feet on the floor and start 2 get a personality of I'm better than someone else). No, she keeps friendly and herself, (don't know if simple if the correct word, but I think ya know what I mean). Also somebody who you should see as an example in, well in social contacts, other things.... (I know what I mean but can't say it in words)

I like how she plays Sam cause, she makes Sam alive, can feel like Sam is a real person, your best neighbor. How Sam interacts with Kids, and Amanda 2 of course

LOL in Belgium, where I live, we have a supermarket , it's called Aldi (a German Supermarket group) and they have cookies with the exact name Jaffa Cakes! Also, and I know they have it, but I still watch the name cause I still can't believe it, they have this make/brand of water, called "Amanda"

PS Sorry for the errors, English isn't my first language

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy
        I've also posted this message at my Amanda/Sam thread, but I'll post it here and also on the Sam's a great charactor .

I like Amanda cause, she's B E A uitiful! (Beautiful), very very sweet, carryin, very funny, loves her fans very much ... is gonna be an EXCELLENT, OUTSTANDING Mommy 2 Olivia . Everyone is goin' to say I'm crazy but I think Amanda belongs in the galaries of the big ones (famous and well known stars (actresses like Nicole Kidman, Jodie Foster, Sandra Bullock..... . She's a normal person 2 (not somebody who can't keep their feet on the floor and start 2 get a personality of I'm better than someone else). No, she keeps friendly and herself, (don't know if simple if the correct word, but I think ya know what I mean). Also somebody who you should see as an example in, well in social contacts, .... (I know what I mean but can't say it in words)

I like how she plays Sam cause, she makes Sam alive, can feel like Sam is a real person, your best neighbor. How Sam interacts with Kids.

So what are your thoughts of Amanda and/or Samantha Carter

Please don't apologize for your English. Any post as eloquent and compassionate as yours, is very welcomed! You would cringe if I tried it in French or Flemish.

Yes, many here agree with your assessment of Amanda Tapping. Not only is she a very talented and dedicated actress, she a kind and compassionate person, and I'm certain she will make an excellent mother. Olivia is one very lucky baby girl.

I think AT brought the character of Samantha Carter to life, in a way the writers probably never originally envisioned. I'm sure many other actresses could have played the part, but none would have brought to Sam, the sincerity, the humanity and the moral conscience that AT has. She has made Sam, not only a brilliant scientist, but a woman with strong opinions, and one who is not afraid to express them.

As is obvious, I share your admiration for Amanda Tapping and only hope to one day get to meet her personally. I was hoping it would be soon, but sometimes RL get's in the way of dreams.

Thank you for your wonderful post. Please, continue to voice your opinions, either here or on Sam's thread, or both.
        On fighting:

Comment

Ok, this may be a stupid question, but what does "hic comitas regit" mean? In The Fifth Race, I stumbled upon "Hic Qua Videeum" what means, "This is the place of our Legacy" So Does Regit mean Queen? And can you translate it as "Our Cosmic Queen"? Don't exactly know Latin, but It's a nice sayin' and I also like the flag your makin'.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
            *waves back* Hey C7! Well you know me, I like to wallow in the shallow end but since there's going to be shortage of RDA this season *sniffle*, I do believe this is the perfect opportunity to shift my appreciation to AT and Lt Col Sam Carter.
            Hello AM,

Nice to see you join us and thanks for the wall.
            I tried to give you some green, but the jello nazi said No JELLO for you.
            He's been shouting that at me alot today.

Comment

Ok, this may be a stupid question, but what does "hic comitas regit" mean? In The Fifth Race, I stumbled upon "Hic Qua Videeum" what means, "This is the place of our Legacy" So Does Regit mean Queen? And can you translate it as "Our Cosmic Queen"? Don't exactly know Latin, but It's a nice sayin' and I also like the flag your makin'.
              His Comitas Regit, is Samanda's motto. It means "Here Reigns Kindness".....a philosophy we think AT would advocate.
              On fighting:

Comment

Hey y'all, mind if I give my opinion about Amanda?

I like Amanda cause, she's B E A uitiful! (Beautiful), very very sweet, carryin, very funny, loves her fans very much ... is gonna be an EXCELLENT, OUTSTANDING Mommy 2 Olivia . Everyone is goin' to say I'm crazy but I think Amanda belongs in the galaries of the big ones (famous and well known stars (actresses like Nicole Kidman, Jodie Foster, Sandra Bullock..... . She's a normal person 2 (not somebody who can't keep their feet on the floor and start 2 get a personality of I'm better than someone else). No, she keeps friendly and herself, (don't know if simple if the correct word, but I think ya know what I mean). Also somebody who you should see as an example in, well in social contacts, other things.... (I know what I mean but can't say it in words)

I like how she plays Sam cause, she makes Sam alive, can feel like Sam is a real person, your best neighbor. How Sam interacts with Kids, and Amanda 2 of course

LOL in Belgium, where I live, we have a supermarket , it's called Aldi (a German Supermarket group) and they have cookies with the exact name Jaffa Cakes! Also, and I know they have it, but I still watch the name cause I still can't believe it, they have this make/brand of water, called "Amanda"

Hi Daivy. I read and answered your wonderful post, on the AT thread. I just wanted to welcome you to this thread. Please feel at home here and post often. You are among like minded friends here.

Where in Belgium do you live? I used to live in France, about 9 miles south of the Belgian border, and I visited your beautiful country many times. Wish I were there right now....would love to try those "Jaffa cakes".
                On fighting:

Comment

Lida, thanx very much for the explination for the meaning of that Latin phrase, the comments about my country and post.

I live in Tongeren (they say it's the oldest town of Belgium), short at the Flemish-Walloon language border (The "Language border" and the border of the Provinces Limburg (Le Limbourg) et LOL Luik (Liège). I don't live near that border but a village that belongs to Tongeren does, and yes we even have a village that has a French name; Diets-Heur.

-- Imagine's Lida's visiting him:

Lida: Daivy, can you give me some of that Amanda water please
                  Me: Sure ... Dang, I'm just seeing we're 1 "Amanda bottle'' short for actualy having one"
                  Lida: Well, let's get some then
                  Me: OK ... Wait! Here comes the scene where we first meet Jolinar, ironicly when she's threatnin' 2 open the gate.
                  Lida: Yeah, let's go after this episode OK.
                  Me: OK
                  --

No I'm serious, your visit would be great! (Hope Ya don't mind this lil' "play between us"

Comment

Hi there:

I just read that AT is working on a new project called the "The Science of Stargate". I guess, it'll be a documentary and she'll host it. Can't wait to see it. Here is a link to the interview, Amanda is mentioned in the last answer: http://www.stargate-ultimate.com/v_posts-pid-50660.html
                    Anybody know more about this?

Anyways, I was just over in the AT appreciation thread and was going to post this there, but Skydiver said that this awesome thread is the best place for anything related to Sam as well as AT.

I just became a member of this wonderful thread yesterday and then spent the rest of the day in the Annual Sam/Jack Ship Day thread, which was amazing btw. So, now, I can't wait to get going here.

*Hugs to my fellow Samandans*

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Help! Could somebody please tell me how I can get a picture into my Sig. I just want to show my appreciation for AT every time I post something.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

I think with Private Messages (under "Welcome _ (Insert Name) first thing at the left, Edit Sig, ya see in the menu a yellow icon with some mountains and a sun, upload a photo from a site ya chose (by going do that site, cut or copy the URL ,) than come back click on the "Yellow mountain and sun icon" ya see a few letters, and paste that URL

I think that's how it goes I'm not sure, if it doesn't work, I know my signature failed, but if it doesn't work, try, try, try and try again!

Greetings,

Daivy

Comment

Well, Saly (I think it was) mentioned a dream about Amanda, so I thought, why won't I? So here it is, it's really crazy but the good thing is, I posted this dream earlier on the "Stargate Dreams and Fantasies thread" and when I'll have another dream about her I'll post it there OK?

I was in my old school and there was chaos in that room (a polyvalent hall, for drama plays). Suddenly I saw Amanda "flying" from one place to another with those branches that Tarzan uses 2 get into trees (English is not my first Language, sorry). So when I saw Amanda there (apperently we were married) I yelled: Honey, stop that, your pregnant (and I also might said, think of our baby, Olivia).

BTW I remember another Sam? Amanda ? dream (well it actually was a dream about SG-1. But That detial I remember, the Biology lessons I had a school not, LOL.)

I remember SG-1 and I were locked up, and for a reason I can't remember, Amanda or Sam don't know who kissed me, well we were kissing echother.

I don't know if it was Sam or Amanda, cause it could be that I saw Amanda in Sam's Clothes.

Yes, even in my dreams I think of Amanda, ain't that sweet? LOl

Comment

Yeah, how do you add pictures to your Sig, and plz don't say the FAQ

So can somebody tell me how to do it? It may be explained in a Private Message.

Comment

OK, I have a sig now, it's my first, so sorry if it's a bit big, I'll make it smaller if ya want.

Daivy

Comment

Okay, this is my first try with a Sig, so bear with me.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Working...
                                X