Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    Hey Sally,

Here is a little larger and lighter copy of the first picture so you can make out who is behind Sam better

And here is the second picture cropped a little differently so you can see it is something exploding and smoke on the left hand side of the picture.
    First pic looks like a soldier covering her six and second is soldier Sam and action Jackson ... this is Beachhead?

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Actually, AD, I meant that Lexa reminds me physically of Janet ... her height, something about her. You're right, she may be a bit more stand-offish as a doctor but that could also be her defense mechanism kicking in since she now realizes that she is, once more, under daddy's control.

And, yes, I will be at the cocktail party at GABIT and think, especially after one or two glasses of wine, that I will probably bring up our SaGC thread and Samanda and definitely inquire about the flowers and her reaction to the SaGC Collection which she should be receiving any day now. Inquiring minds want to know ... and you guys will be the first if I get the scoop!
      I didn't know u gals sent the presents! How sweet!

I miss Dr. Janet! Whimpers and runs away!
      Last edited by jerin; 28 July 2005, 05:47 AM.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
      Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        Here's a rec for a good Sam-fic: Retribution

It has lots of great Sam-angst, Sam-whumping and how she deals with the aftermath... not a 'happy' fic - gritty and 'real'.... And there's J/S ship (although it's not fluffy and light). Also deals with the Sam vs. Cam in command issue. This may be one of the best fics for showing MackKenzie as a fairly good guy.
        Hey ... while Astro's away ... just a reminder of a terrific Samfic she recommended many pages back! I just read it and was quite impressed.

Terrific take on projecting author's idea of what could happen in S9. Well, at least in the realms of fanfic. If only some of these fics could be turned into episodes!

Definitely worth reading, Samandans!

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
          I didn't know u gals sent the presents! How sweet!

I miss Dr. Janet! Whimpers and runs away!
          For the newbies onboard ... the SaGC thread members decided to send Amanda a gift of flowers to welcome her back for S9. Ironically, the timing worked out in such a way that the items were delivered to the studio the very first week she had returned.

Here's a copy of what we sent her! The local florist threw in a complimentary box of Belgian chocolates and we added a colorful balloon!

I think we all miss Janet ... she was irreplaceable. According to some of the S9 spoilers, we may get to see her again in some AU or other. But that can't make up for her loss.
          Last edited by ChopinGal; 28 July 2005, 06:56 AM.

Comment

As I was surfing on the web, I found this screencap from "Beyond the Gate with Amanda Tapping", isn't she lovely ?

It comes from this website, great site with lots of "behind the scenes" caps!

Comment

I didn't know any "presents" were sent either. Guess it was just a miscommunication?
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

A few pages ago there was a short discussion about Amanda being in Danielle Steel's "Remembrance". For those interested it will be repeated this weekend...

AMANDA TAPPING

Danielle Steel's Remembrance
                Sat Jul 30 10:17P on LMN - Lifetime MOVIE Network
                Sun Jul 31 6:18A on LMN - Lifetime MOVIE Network

Morjana's complete post about SG1 - Late Jul/Aug US TV Appearances by SG1 Cast can be found here...

July/August Schedule

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                  I didn't know any "presents" were sent either. Guess it was just a miscommunication?
                  They were sent during her first week back at work. I think it was the the first week of May. It may have been during your brief absence from us.

Last edited by ForeverSg1; 28 July 2005, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Yeah... the fierce lioness.

I can't wait to see her bare her fangs a bit more this season.... ROWR!!
                    Agent Dark--I can't believe you missed this chance to make a crack about AT baring more than her fangs...You and 1speed have me conditioned to expect such remarks.

I'm looking forward to Action Sam.

Comment

First pic looks like a soldier covering her six and second is soldier Sam and action Jackson ... this is Beachhead?

I did not get any information with the pictures. But the working theory is that they are from Babylon - because
                      Spoiler:
                      SG1 patches and we do know that the team is not reformed until Ex Deus Machina and in Babylon they are off world were there is the fight with the Sodan warrior which may account for the blast in the second photo - but this is all just a theory and unless R. can find the information that came with the pictures for me we will have to just wait and see.
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                        A few pages ago there was a short discussion about Amanda being in Danielle Steel's "Remembrance". For those interested it will be repeated this weekend...

AMANDA TAPPING

Danielle Steel's Remembrance
                        Sat Jul 30 10:17P on LMN - Lifetime MOVIE Network
                        Sun Jul 31 6:18A on LMN - Lifetime MOVIE Network

Morjana's complete post about SG1 - Late Jul/Aug US TV Appearances by SG1 Cast can be found here...

July/August Schedule
                        Thanks I'll have to Tivo it so I can watch the whole thing this time.

WOW - I love this
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          Agent Dark--I can't believe you missed this chance to make a crack about AT baring more than her fangs...You and 1speed have me conditioned to expect such remarks.

I'm looking forward to Action Sam.
                          Since when have I ever made a remark about NekkidSam???

That would be both dishonourable and disrespectful to our Queen.

*Beavis and Butthead style chuckle*

Heh heh heh... baring more than her fangs... heh heh heh...
                          Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 28 July 2005, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            Hey Sally,

Here is a little larger and lighter copy of the first picture so you can make out who is behind Sam better

And here is the second picture cropped a little differently so you can see it is something exploding and smoke on the left hand side of the picture.
                            *pops out of lurk*

Hey, spiffy black outfits...* gasp* spoiler piccies?? Oooooohhh..

*pops back in lurk*
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Nope, they're all getting whumped and taking their licks just like the guys! Love the realism and kudos for equal-opportunity whumpage!
                              Carter whumpage?? Blasphemy!!

*mutters* I keep bumpin' into it too...
                              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Wow ! I missed a lot those few days I was "away"!
                                But I have a reputation to keep and was in full genealogical Geek!Lys mode.

Congrats to Nearly Circular and 1speed4Sam for posts 400 and 200 !!!!

1s4S, I'm glad to hear that everything went well for your father.

I'd like to come back to the lack of team in the beginning of season 9.
                                It doesn't bother me at all. Yes, it's very different of what we're accustomed to watch, but it makes sense.
                                For me, it's the main clue of Sam being the missing element to bring the team back together.
                                She's the only one to have special bonds with Daniel, Teal'c AND Cameron. For the last eight years we've all seen the friendship growing between Sam and Daniel and Sam and Teal'c. And I'll always be grateful to AT to have asked TPTB for more Sam/Teal'c scenes. We don't know yet how Sam and Cameron met, but we had a few glimpses of the nature of their relationship. I think that they're going to glue together because of Sam and thanks to Sam. Some have said that Daniel is the conscience of the team, but Sam is in my opinion the heart of the team. Without her, there's no team, it's lifeless.
                                The season 6 team worked for me because it wasn't Sam and Jack on one side and Teal'c and Jonas on the other side. It was a team because Sam accepted Jonas and I was thrilled to watch how those two built a strong friendship.
                                I'm really sure it's going to work fine for SG1 once Sam is back.
                                We all know that the guys would do anything for her.
                                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X