• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol Tsax, what a coincedence
    What was the movie?

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      Rehearsals for my next musical start on Thursday and school starts next week so I'm in my last few days of vacation time and this week has been the week of how many DVD's can you rent and watch in one week. I have been through all the new DVD's that the local store has that I want to see so today I wandered around looking for something to watch and spotted a DVD cover with David James Elliott (JAG) on the cover and thought well I like him in JAG so I picked it up brought it home to watch and guess who has a minor role in the movie? Need help check out these caps I made before I took the DVD back -

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2589/cap0859gg.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/718/at8tz.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/741/cap1058qc.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6501/cap1326rj.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2509/cap1821gn.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8403/cap2362dk.jpg
      thank you! once again, thanks to you, i've gotten to see a never before glimpse of our amanda.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
        Oh, yeah.....I'm sure around 108 the humidity becomes irrelevant! We're excited because it's supposed to rain tomorrow and "cool us off" to the upper 80s!
        Wish it was going to be in the 80s here this weekend I have a friend that is getting married Saturday and the wedding is outside. But hey they are forcasting 99% for Saturday so we should get to stay in double digits.

Well, that could mean that they meant to retain the brand name (SG-1) for the MOVIES!!!!!!! I remain hopeful that will be a possibility.

And, they could still do that. If AT leaves (Don't shoot me!) at the end of S9, they could add a couple more new team members, rename the series SGC and start making those direct-to-DVD movies with AT and RDA!!!!!

I am very hopeful.

Your idea makes the most business sense.....but I still like mine better!!!!!!
        This really is a good idea to keep the show going for years. Think of how ER has survived. Stars have rotated in and out all through the show, and still, the ensemble cast and the stories have been strong enough to survive. The trick in this situation is to get the fans to accept the switch from a show focused on four characters to an ensemble show. And I think the fans would accept it.....if we still had all or part of SG-1 in movies! They could launch the ensemble concept with a cliffhanger that led us to the first direct-to-DVD movie.

I've always liked this idea.
        I know that there have been plans for a direct to DVD movie but they have been put on hold for a couple of years for different reasons. They have a script that fits in an earlier season that they were going to do as a direct to DVD movie last year but it was scraped due to AT's pregnancy according to Joe. They may try and make it at some point in the future or do one with a different script. I would love to see what they could produce with the budget of a movie as opposed to a tv show.
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          lol Tsax, what a coincedence
          What was the movie?
          It was a made for TV mini series called "Degree of Guilt". AT was in the first half of the movie a couple of times. It was the first time I have seen her in something were she was not a scientist/doctor (no techno-babble). The release date on the movie is 1995.
          Last edited by tsaxlady; 26 July 2005, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

Special Announcement of some Unfinished Samanda Business

O Loyal Citizens of Samanda, we have yet to decide upon our Royal Flag ... and, with Keeper away, I am turning to our Royal Census Taker (Sky) to see if she may be able to set up some type of poll/survey for this thread alone whereby each and every citizen (and, yea, visitor) can anonymously vote for a favorite flag design. We can set a deadline of August 1 and then tally the votes.

The designs are listed above, courtesy of Lys. We already have a royal motto and beautiful plaque (actually two plaques) ... but, alas, the royal castle is lacking its official chevron.

So, Census Taker ... what say? Can this be done here at the SaGC thread? I and my fellow Samandans await your reply.

Very tough choice, because both of you did such fine jobs. I'm not sure if we want to put a poll on the main page or the relationships page announcing a choice for a flag for Samanda, do we? Is it possible to keep the poll on this thread?

NC

Comment

Off topic, but it's post 400, and of course it has to be on this thread, but I also saved it until I could post it from Vancouver at Gatecon.

It's true that none of the "big names" from Stargate are here, but Sky and others are really right about how nice this con is. The con hasn't really started yet, but there's a cocktail party tonight, still probably going on, where people like Colin Cunningham, Dan Payne, and Aaron Douglas are just hanging out and talking with people. It's really low key, and friendly.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                Off topic, but it's post 400, and of course it has to be on this thread, but I also saved it until I could post it from Vancouver at Gatecon.

It's true that none of the "big names" from Stargate are here, but Sky and others are really right about how nice this con is. The con hasn't really started yet, but there's a cocktail party tonight, still probably going on, where people like Colin Cunningham, Dan Payne, and Aaron Douglas are just hanging out and talking with people. It's really low key, and friendly.

NC

Congratulations on post 400

Glad your having fun in Vancouver

Comment

NC
                  Hey, NC!
                  Congratulations on Post #400!

Glad you posted it here *and* from the Vancouver Gatecon. Keep us updated on Con happenings!
                  Last edited by SamFan31; 26 July 2005, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    I've heard that women police officers are much more likely to resolve a situation talking to the person than immediately getting tough, as men are prone to do. Has that been your experience?
                    (I'm rather proud of myself for correctly guessing your reference to "The Met" was a police reference. All those detective stories set in England that I read, I guess. )
                    Maybe AT should play a cop in her next project. I bet she'd be great.
                    We girls do tend to go with communication first, use of force last. Its a running joke at work that we female officers on relief spend most of our time trying to avert police generated public order!! That makes us police officers sound terrible but just gotta remember that the people we stop tend to have already spent time at Her Majestys pleasure shall we say!!

Good job on guessing The Met ref btw!

As for AT as a cop, she would definitely be great and very ''!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      Seems plausible, don't you think? After all, SG1 is "officially disbanded" according to the storyline.

Hey, let's have some fun. You're TPTB and you now have to give a new name to one of scifi's best and long-running series, Stargate SG1.

What will you name the new show/season? And why?!
                      Without wishing to be too downbeat / cynical, how about:-

Stargate SG-Done

or

Stargate SG-Gone

Why? Er, because I'm downbeat and cynical...

On a more upbeat note,

Congrats NC on 400 posts!!!

And on an even more upbeat note, I'm pleased to report that I've spoken to my Dad this morning, and he seems to be fine (if a wee bit uncomfortable) after his surgery yesterday.

Thanks to my fellow Samandans for their kind thoughts and prayers. I've said it before and I'll say it again - you're all very lovely people.

Hic Comitas Regit indeed.

Peace and love,

1speed

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                        Without wishing to be too downbeat / cynical, how about:-

Stargate SG-Done

or

Stargate SG-Gone

Why? Er, because I'm downbeat and cynical...

On a more upbeat note,

Congrats NC on 400 posts!!!

And on an even more upbeat note, I'm pleased to report that I've spoken to my Dad this morning, and he seems to be fine (if a wee bit uncomfortable) after his surgery yesterday.

Thanks to my fellow Samandans for their kind thoughts and prayers. I've said it before and I'll say it again - you're all very lovely people.

Hic Comitas Regit indeed.

Peace and love,

1speed
                        Stargate SG-Done - LOL!!

Great news on your Dad, hope his recovery is smooth and speedy

Comment

Very tough choice, because both of you did such fine jobs. I'm not sure if we want to put a poll on the main page or the relationships page announcing a choice for a flag for Samanda, do we? Is it possible to keep the poll on this thread?

NC
                          My intention is to have Sky put the poll only here at SaGC because it is a Samandan flag we're voting upon. Sky, thanks for the "can do" earlier.

I just heard from Forever Sg-1 and it seems that she and Uber have been quietly working behind the scenes on another flag design. Kat, please add the link in a post soon so that Sky can incorporate with Lys's and Strix's entries.

Last call for all Flag Designers ... please put up or close up shop!

If no other Samandans come forth in next day or two, and, once you have Kat's, Sky ... we should be ready for a vote. Kat was hoping that we all would continue to add suggestions to the designs but the momentum seems to have been lost pages ago and I'm thinking that it's best now to just vote upon the finished products on hand. Please post now if you feel differently and have some brilliant other ideas for flag making!

Otherwise, Sky will set up the Official Vote-for-Our-Flag poll by weekend and we'll leave it open for 7-10 days (long enough for Astrog to return I hope and cast her vote too). Let's see what we come up with!

Comment

NC - what fun! You're at the Gate con and posting Royal #400 from there. Do keep us informed Congrats on 400th Post!!

1speed4Sam - have we properly congratulated you also for Milestone Post 200 ... most of these done SS (sans Stargate!). Amazing that you've come onboard and contributed to the fun without ever having watched the show!

Of course, thanks to RA and her restraints, you are now becoming an expert in the early seasons and getting to know Sam and her stalwart teammates!

Jolly good show! A red bean for our Royal Security Guard!

And so good to hear the positive news about dad.

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                              thanks, I'd never seen it. Speaking of which, what's this 'Hic Commitas Regit' thing I keep hearing -seeing- mean?
                              You're right. The new haircut is great. And terrific plaque. Wish I wasn't so graphically impaired.

And Hic Comitas Regit, which I'm sure was already answered (sorry, I can't find my reading glasses for a change)....is Latin for "Here Reigns Kindness".

Wish it were the motto for the ENTIRE Forum, but I usually wish for too much. I'm happy it's HERE!
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Have to get ready for work, but wanted to weigh in with the latest topic of discussion. Some excellent posts on the format and the projected expectations of whether Stargate will, indeed, continue to be more focused on a small group of stars (old and new players) as the team itself, or branch off into the ensemble-cast model of SA.

I am open to both possibilities as I have watched much of SA too. But the larger the cast, the more impersonal it may become in the way of in-depth relationships and characterization. Sometimes I am turned off by SA exactly because there is too much action going on and the frenetic activity is blocking out my favorite characters.

Just watching The Nox last night and it's so neat to see the little things which stood out ... like the little Nefrayu staring at Sam so lovingly and Jack teasing in the background "No, Carter, you can't take him home" ... and how young AT was! How she and all of them have literally grown into their characters and the whole maturity factor. I love that the show has lasted long enough to take us on that kind of trip. Everything about that episode was fresh and funny and thoughtful. It was team-centric and I cared!

So, contingent on the original stars' future plans after S9 and the performance of the newcomers, I'm still favoring the idea of a team of four backed up by the SGC homebase and a couple bigger-than-life villains. Let's see if that is sustainable.

The S9 ratings may be the factor here ... whether SA or SG1 draws the bigger numbers.

Okay, I'll collect my 98 cents in change now.

Comment

Working...
                                X