No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone! I just popped in to say I finally worked out what the buttons up top were for, and realised that a whole bunch of you lovey people had given me little green squarey thingummys! Totally OT I know, but I wanted to say thanks, and I knew I was gonna like it here at Samanda!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I found myself bored this evening and thought to myself what better way to keep myself entertained than to play with Amanda. (get your mind out of the gutter AD)
      Nice pictures!!!

Comment

She is absolutely stunning... moreso because it's a natural beauty and not a contstructed image of it. True beauty comes from within I guess.. Amanda's a walking example.

Originally posted by melpomene
        I just stopped by to say something that is probably going to sound superficial but, maybe not, (It's late and my brains are a little fried) anyway. Rick Dean Anderson is my one true obsession. And what with all the other changes they've made Season 9 doesn't really appeal to me in any way whatsoever. But I do have to say when I saw the TV Guide cover... I was (in a completely heterosexual way) stunned by how gorgeous Amanda is. Something about her new haircut just set off her face and it was like really seeing her for the first time in a while. I'm always seeing how smart, strong, perfect Carter is, but with the haircut the effect was just wow. She really is beautiful. Anyway, I just wanted to say that because I really admire her. But I'm almost always talking about how great and gorgeous Rick/Jack is. And I've never really expressed my admiration for the woman of the show.
        sigpic

Comment

i agree that the team dynamics was and is part of the appeal of the show.

however, look at it from a business standpoint. MS left and....it wasn't pretty. RDA is gone and they're literally not sure how the show will do. AT is taking time off

in the eyes of scifi, it's possible that tehy fear that the actors have too much pull. RDA was the recipient of some very broad concessions during s6 and 7 and 8. it is possible that scifi doesn't like that.

again, from a business pov, i would imagine that they'd want more power over their actors. they'd want them to be more disposable. and if you have a pool of 10 instead of 4, well then those actor are more disposible and controlled
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I just stopped by to say something that is probably going to sound superficial but, maybe not, (It's late and my brains are a little fried) anyway. Rick Dean Anderson is my one true obsession. And what with all the other changes they've made Season 9 doesn't really appeal to me in any way whatsoever. But I do have to say when I saw the TV Guide cover... I was (in a completely heterosexual way) stunned by how gorgeous Amanda is. Something about her new haircut just set off her face and it was like really seeing her for the first time in a while. I'm always seeing how smart, strong, perfect Carter is, but with the haircut the effect was just wow. She really is beautiful. Anyway, I just wanted to say that because I really admire her.
            Yup, yup. I agree completely. Well, except I think she's gorgeous in a completey un-heterosexual way... Cheers to superficiality!

(What was that about playing with Amanda? Yowza! What a way to start my morning!)

My LJ

Comment

I just stopped by to say something that is probably going to sound superficial but, maybe not, (It's late and my brains are a little fried) anyway. Rick Dean Anderson is my one true obsession. And what with all the other changes they've made Season 9 doesn't really appeal to me in any way whatsoever. But I do have to say when I saw the TV Guide cover... I was (in a completely heterosexual way) stunned by how gorgeous Amanda is. Something about her new haircut just set off her face and it was like really seeing her for the first time in a while. I'm always seeing how smart, strong, perfect Carter is, but with the haircut the effect was just wow. She really is beautiful. Anyway, I just wanted to say that because I really admire her. But I'm almost always talking about how great and gorgeous Rick/Jack is. And I've never really expressed my admiration for the woman of the show.
              Perfectly put mel, totally with you on all points! Especially the RDA obsession!

I was scrolling through the posts last night and my flatmate looked over my shoulder and saw ForeverSG1s current sig, (which btw is fantastic!)
              'Who's that' she asked. When I told her it was Sam she took a second look and said 'Wow she's stunning' - YASUREYABETCHA

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                I found myself bored this evening and thought to myself what better way to keep myself entertained than to play with Amanda. (get your mind out of the gutter AD)

So here's a little photo montage. Basically I was just tinkering with lighting and backgrounds tonight. I like these pictures of AT but I didn't care for the original background color choice. It just seemed too busy to me behind the skirt AT was wearing.

Pretty in Pink
                Gee, it looks like my old banner! LOL

Does this mean we are in desperate need of NEW AT/Sam pics?????????
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  Good grief ... what does he want you to do?! Grab a little old lady off the street and sock her one?! Stay sensible, girl, stay sensible!

You can find GABIT details at www.gabitevents.co.uk

Hope you can come and join us!
                  Thanks for the link, will let you know if I can come and join the party!! *crosses fingers and makes note to talk very nicely to duties office at work!*

and never fear ChopinGal, sensible is my middle name!!

Comment

I wonder if it's too late for them to start focusing on other characters from the SGC. That was kinda The X-Files downfall during their last two seasons. They had focus on GA/Scully and DD/Mulder for seven years and then they were like, "BAM! Accept new people, new backstories and new plots!" There was a lot of pressure placed on two people for so many years. And fans wigged out. But I also feel bad for Gish and Patrick, because those were some pretty huge shoes to fill. Yet you could tell that DD and GA (just like RDA, to some extent) were tired - almost bored. The energy wasn't there. Luckily, I don't think CJ, MS or AT are that point yet. If we're lucky, maybe they won't be for another couple of years.

I guess there are pros and cons to having a smaller cast like SG-1, and a larger ensemble cast like Atlantis. The Atlantis characters, like you guys said, are more expendable. If a character's not doing it for you, you can always write in another one - with an intriguing backstory in place. The SG-1 characters, I think, are more intimate with each other. No one gets lost in the shuffle, but when someone new comes into the fray, a war can begin.

I don't know if I'll ever understand how TPTB treated the Jonas character and Corin Nemec. I try to understand and I try to rationalize it, but it just doesn't make sense to me. They really did write Jonas to be the sort of patsy character. His enthusiasm and energy was looked upon as a way for the characters to tease or reproach him. In fact, it made him seem depressingly inferior. I didn't notice this until I watched reruns and bought the DVDs, but it wasn't until "Full Circle" that I thought that MAYBE the team actually appreciated him as a part of their family - only for him to go back to Kelowna early on the next season.

I love Mitchell's enthusiasm and energy. Browder brings a freshness to the show that's just great. However, after seeing how they treat Browder and seeing how they treated Nemec... it's sad. They could have done so much more for the Jonas character in the eyes of fans.

Atlantis' biggest flaw is the fact that they have too many characters. It can be a strength, but it seems to be a bit of a hindrance nowadays. They have too many characters floating around. Characters like Zelenka, who was probably supposed to be the Atlantis equivalent to Siler or Davis, and Beckett (Atlantis' Fraiser) are now fan favorites, and we can expect to see much more of them. I love the characters, but I think the development of each character is spread too thin at times. Atlantis can't afford to devote very many episodes to character development, unfortunately.

/OT babble

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      I wonder if it's too late for them to start focusing on other characters from the SGC. That was kinda The X-Files downfall during their last two seasons. They had focus on GA/Scully and DD/Mulder for seven years and then they were like, "BAM! Accept new people, new backstories and new plots!" There was a lot of pressure placed on two people for so many years. And fans wigged out. But I also feel bad for Gish and Patrick, because those were some pretty huge shoes to fill. Yet you could tell that DD and GA (just like RDA, to some extent) were tired - almost bored. The energy wasn't there. Luckily, I don't think CJ, MS or AT are that point yet. If we're lucky, maybe they won't be for another couple of years.

I guess there are pros and cons to having a smaller cast like SG-1, and a larger ensemble cast like Atlantis. The Atlantis characters, like you guys said, are more expendable. If a character's not doing it for you, you can always write in another one - with an intriguing backstory in place. The SG-1 characters, I think, are more intimate with each other. No one gets lost in the shuffle, but when someone new comes into the fray, a war can begin.

I don't know if I'll ever understand how TPTB treated the Jonas character and Corin Nemec. I try to understand and I try to rationalize it, but it just doesn't make sense to me. They really did write Jonas to be the sort of patsy character. His enthusiasm and energy was looked upon as a way for the characters to tease or reproach him. In fact, it made him seem depressingly inferior. I didn't notice this until I watched reruns and bought the DVDs, but it wasn't until "Full Circle" that I thought that MAYBE the team actually appreciated him as a part of their family - only for him to go back to Kelowna early on the next season.

I love Mitchell's enthusiasm and energy. Browder brings a freshness to the show that's just great. However, after seeing how they treat Browder and seeing how they treated Nemec... it's sad. They could have done so much more for the Jonas character in the eyes of fans.

Atlantis' biggest flaw is the fact that they have too many characters. It can be a strength, but it seems to be a bit of a hindrance nowadays. They have too many characters floating around. Characters like Zelenka, who was probably supposed to be the Atlantis equivalent to Siler or Davis, and Beckett (Atlantis' Fraiser) are now fan favorites, and we can expect to see much more of them. I love the characters, but I think the development of each character is spread too thin at times. Atlantis can't afford to devote very many episodes to character development, unfortunately.

/OT babble

I loved CN Jonas and i think the banter between him and Sam was smashing, she really did tease him imho like you would with a really close work friend, it just brought about a breath of fresh air to s6.
                      ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                        I loved CN Jonas and i think the banter between him and Sam was smashing, she really did tease him imho like you would with a really close work friend, it just brought about a breath of fresh air to s6.
                        Yeah. Sam and Teal'c seemed to warm up to him pretty well. By the end of the season, it was OK between the three of them. Unfortunately, they got rid of him after that. Jack, on the other hand... he wasn't so accepting, and this probably made it even more difficult for Daniel/Jack fans to like Jonas.

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                          Oooo so are you going? I saw it advertised yday and was toying with the idea. Was gonna check the dates when I'm back at work coz I can always book annual leave.

Be great to see AT, might have to have a chat with her about the whole kick a$$ action girl thang!! My sergeant reckons I should be kicking more a$$ you see, I'm too 'sensible' apparently!!
                          I've heard that women police officers are much more likely to resolve a situation talking to the person than immediately getting tough, as men are prone to do. Has that been your experience?
                          (I'm rather proud of myself for correctly guessing your reference to "The Met" was a police reference. All those detective stories set in England that I read, I guess. )
                          Maybe AT should play a cop in her next project. I bet she'd be great.

Comment

I got my DVD copy of Moebius on monday and they did a behind the scenes directers bit with Moebius but >>>>SPOILERS FOR MOEBIUS
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            "
                            but they did not show anything much of geeky Sam and that bit where Sam took of her life jacket and it got stuck over her head and the look she gave Jack, i was really hoping to see them filming that as to me it looked like Amanda was having a real hard time in keeping her face straight!
                            ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                              Gee, it looks like my old banner! LOL

Does this mean we are in desperate need of NEW AT/Sam pics?????????

Yeah I liked your old sig. I just don't like the pinky-purple background. The first thing you notice in a picture shouldn't be the background in my opinion and it is with these photos, at least for me. I was just trying to play with the photos to see how it looked with different colored backgrounds. And to be honest, the only reason I put the two photos together was because I was too darn lazy to post two separate photos.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                                I so totally agree with you about the TV Guide cover and the new haircut. That pic was so good it caused a change to the Samanda Plaque. If you haven't seen it, it's here...

Samanda Plaque #2
                                thanks, I'd never seen it. Speaking of which, what's this 'Hic Commitas Regit' thing I keep hearing -seeing- mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X