Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well goodnight all *waves and yawns!*

Thanks loads for all your very warm welcomes, Samanda sure is a great place to be!

See yas all tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
      The cover looks nice, but I make my own SG Calendar. I have a blast making it (it's usually Jack, but I do put Sam in there, too!) I have to figure out what I want to do with 2006.
      Sam and Jack on a motorcycle! Yeah, bikers! Jack can be wearing a bandana and Sam ... well anything that works for you!

(Can we tell I'm still obsessing from that one measly line in Avalon Part 1?!)

Comment

Help!

The Favorite Episodes Tournament is in Round 37 now. Several very strong Sam episodes (including Divide & Conquer, Entity, Metamorphosis and The Light) are at the top of the list, and could be the next episodes eliminated.

Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here:
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...&page=86&pp=20
        Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Please act quickly! Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Hey Billie

Maybe you'll get security duty at the GABIT event when AT comes to town in October! Better yet, hope you have that weekend free and are able to come to the party!

Good to have you onboard ... I feel safer already!
          Oooo so are you going? I saw it advertised yday and was toying with the idea. Was gonna check the dates when I'm back at work coz I can always book annual leave.

Be great to see AT, might have to have a chat with her about the whole kick a$$ action girl thang!! My sergeant reckons I should be kicking more a$$ you see, I'm too 'sensible' apparently!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            Congratulations, Strix_varia, on 300 posts!
            Congratulations, Lida, on 1,500 posts!

Welcome, Billie!

It's high time you started spending time here too!
            Welcome back, Simhavaktra!
            DITTO

Boiled peanuts! You are a Southern girl, tsaxlady! And you trumped me on the temp! But is the humidity in California as bad as it is in the South?
            LOL Everytime someone here says "It's so humid outside" I have to laugh the humidity here is nothing like it is in the South East. That being said a 108 in low humidity is still really bad. We have had several days the last week of a heat warning - this means don't go outside and do any physical work during certain parts of the day due to the heat. It did cool off today - it was only 102

Finally, Atteria, 1speed4sam, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure you're also being remembered by many other Samandans. Good wishes that it all works out fine!
            DITTO
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
              Yeah, me too.

And especially Tok'rafied Sam from "In The Line of Duty" - grubby face, tousled hair, that look in her eyes.........

(Er, please feel free to tell me if this is weird - the RA seemed a bit worried when I mentioned it to her... )
              Hah, just wait till you see her in Death Knell then She's a very dirty girl

Comment

I read this from a Boston Con report:

Michael Shanks said that this season was supposed to be a "spin-off" named SGC, but the network suits were afraid of losing their audience.
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                  Mad as owt as usual. Lots of drunkenness and random naked body parts - must be summat in the water. Probably alcohol...
                  The Royal Accountant is our master interpreter of all versions of UK-speak!
                  We'll let her translate and maybe add a thing or two of her own. But I think "summat" is something.

"Mad as owt" is ??? Come on, Coley ...

No pressure, no pressure, no pressure, no pressure, Cockney slang anyone?!
                  Last edited by ChopinGal; 25 July 2005, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                    Oooo so are you going? I saw it advertised yday and was toying with the idea. Was gonna check the dates when I'm back at work coz I can always book annual leave.

Be great to see AT, might have to have a chat with her about the whole kick a$$ action girl thang!! My sergeant reckons I should be kicking more a$$ you see, I'm too 'sensible' apparently!!
                    Good grief ... what does he want you to do?! Grab a little old lady off the street and sock her one?! Stay sensible, girl, stay sensible!

You can find GABIT details at www.gabitevents.co.uk

Hope you can come and join us!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

Michael Shanks said that this season was supposed to be a "spin-off" named SGC, but the network suits were afraid of losing their audience.
                      Seems plausible, don't you think? After all, SG1 is "officially disbanded" according to the storyline.

Hey, let's have some fun. You're TPTB and you now have to give a new name to one of scifi's best and long-running series, Stargate SG1.

What will you name the new show/season? And why?!

Comment

Nooooooooo! You're coming with me, lassie! How could you even think that Melbourne would be more beautiful than Lancaster PA?!

Sarcasm ... pure sarcasm ... am I crazy?! Sorry, Strix, I can't provide the exotic locales, but I may have a surprise or two up my sleeve! Never count Jester out!
                        I can't wait til Sunday.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

i'd heard about that too. makes me wonder.... does that mean that sg1 never is really brought back together? i mean, if they didn't change their ideas with the show (and only kept the sg1 in name only)... or, they 'did' change their original ideas and sg1 will be a team again. hmmm....

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            i'd heard about that too. makes me wonder.... does that mean that sg1 never is really brought back together? i mean, if they didn't change their ideas with the show (and only kept the sg1 in name only)... or, they 'did' change their original ideas and sg1 will be a team again. hmmm....

sally

Makes me wonder too?! It also makes me wonder about the leadership issue and AT's comments that you posted (thanks!) about the fact that the fans will be happy about how sg1 gets back together. I still can't tell what they plan to do about the actual team.

And they wanted to call it SGC? That makes sense to me because then they don't have to focus on teams per se. I can't tell if this would be good or bad!! Some have said here that they wished they had retitled the show because the changes may be easier to accept, yet I can see why the suits might worry about the ratings with a name change. I think they were still banking on the regular viewing audience to tune in and expect RDA, AT, MS, and CJ and then get them hooked (or ones that read about RDA leaving would still watch because it is the "same" show).

I got some friends of mine recently hooked on the show--they are now on the fourth season, and they are going to wait until they get through the eighth season before watching season nine. The first thing they asked me was, how is the show without RDA? I said that I miss him, but that I like Mitchell so far.

Comment

not concetrating on one team could be a good thing. stargate's greatest weakness is that it has four main actors. so when one of those folks wants time off or needs a break, it's a big deal.

however, if there is a larger pool of actors then the show is more stable. It's not the end of the world if one actor leaves. and if another one wants a reduced role, then there are others to take his/her place

it is a wise move if they really want to make the series something that can last for years
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Seems plausible, don't you think? After all, SG1 is "officially disbanded" according to the storyline.

Hey, let's have some fun. You're TPTB and you now have to give a new name to one of scifi's best and long-running series, Stargate SG1.

What will you name the new show/season? And why?!
                                Stargate Command would be my vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X