Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    And of all the actors on SG she's the one I really do look forward to seeing go on to bigger and better things and I do hope we do see more of her and in more quality projects.
    I agree completely! She's Canada's hidden treasure!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      SS, stay with us ... the kingdom is growing! And, obviously, you are one of the American "thongers".
      Thank you for the invitation to stay
      To come into the kingdom to play
      I hate to tell you CG that you are wrong…
      But before you hit me upside my head with a gong
      And call me a King Kong of a ding-dong
      ‘N tell me I’ve been doing something with Cheech ‘n Chong….
      I must inform you that I’ve n’er worn a thong!

Seem a mite bit too painful for the bottom if you know what I mean.... Trying to think if I heard flip flops called thongs as a child. Might have. But the dental floss thongs of the 90's pretty much wiped that memory out!
      Everyone ... take a peek at SS's sig - it's ROTF funny! Great sig!
      Thank CG! And I hate to say the "Hit the road Jack" tune has been playing in my mind all day 'cause of it!
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

And another pic just because....
        Have a good Sunday evening/Monday morning all....
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Haha, that reminds me SS... about your sig...
          If you go back and watch that scene from Forsaken, you'll hear Jack hum a little tune at the start. Well, the tune he's humming is a song from Monty Python called 'Sit On My Face'... and if anyone has heard the lyrics to that song, well....

Sit on my Face by Monty Python.

I should point out that those lyrics contain sexual references

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
            Youpie !!!!! ( the only Yu joke we have in French )
            You're right, this thread is great for improving my written English, but I wouldn't bet anything on my spoken one. I'm in need of practise, lots of practise. So :
            Hmm, anyone want to come and visit "my" mountains ? We have sun, snow, clear water, reblochon (this one is for 1s4S ), skying in winter, trekking in summer. Anyone interested ?
            I'd love to take you up on the offer. If my first international airplane trip to Gabit( UK ) goes well in October, I might one day start to take more oversea adventures.

I'm sure my husband would really love that. He's already psyched about his two week business trip to Melbourne next friday. The rest of my family keeps telling me that I'm insane for not going with him.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              I'm sure my husband would really love that. He's already psyched about his two week business trip to Melbourne next friday. The rest of my family keeps telling me that I'm insane for not going with him.
              Ummmm... I'll go with him!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                Mmm close but not quite. The term "not with it" means uncool... normally applied to those who ignore the fashion of the time and stick with their trusty flanny shirt & thongs
                Woo hoo, I'm a bogan. Well I guess not really because I don't wear flanny (im assuming is the same as flannel here?)... but I do wear flip flop/thongs, my hair is normally in a pony and I tend to ignore the fashion of the time. I'm sorry I just don't care who's name is stitched across my bum.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                  I did not see any reference to this here yet so I figured I would post it to let you all know that I just saw reference to an interview of Morris Chapdelaine, who is the asgard puppeteer on both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis and he played "Tenat" in PU.

He said that he was working on a a new documentary that will be hosted by Amanda Tapping and will be called "The Science of Stargate".

The interview is in english at http://www.stargate-ultimate.com/v_posts-pid-50660.html.

I hope it's okay that I put this link here - if not let me know and I will delete it (I did not ask the owner of the site or anything and I am not sure of the protocols on this type of thing).
                  Wow, thanks for the post Bink... I can't wait to see this... I think it would be really interesting to watch and having Amanda as host will just be icing on the cake Mmmm caaaake.

Edit: SS, you are killing me with that caption! ROFL!!
                  AD...*shakes head*... I can't believe I'm running to DVD's to watch the first part of Forsaken again!! Sick sick sick I tell you. LMAO!!
                  Last edited by ForeverSg1; 24 July 2005, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Wow, thanks for the post Bink... I can't wait to see this... I think it would be really interesting to watch and having Amanda as host will just be icing on the cake Mmmm caaaake.

Edit: SS, you are killing me with that caption! ROFL!!
                    AD...*shakes head*... I can't believe I'm running to DVD's to watch the first part of Forsaken again!! Sick sick sick I tell you. LMAO!!
                    Haha It's easy to miss, as you only hear him sing one line at the very start of the episode (like the first few seconds) but it is definately from that song
                    I wonder if Sam has ever watched Monty Python...?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Haha, that reminds me SS... about your sig...
                      If you go back and watch that scene from Forsaken, you'll hear Jack hum a little tune at the start. Well, the tune he's humming is a song from Monty Python called 'Sit On My Face'... and if anyone has heard the lyrics to that song, well....

Sit on my Face by Monty Python.

I should point out that those lyrics contain sexual references
                      ::much snickering here::

And given his Simpsons / cartoons viewing habits, I suspect that Jack knows the words to Monty Python songs (and skits) too, so the reference might just be... er... Freudian on his part.

I'm now envisioning Jack responding to yet another verbiage-dense, highly technical Carter-explanation by blurting out "My Brain Hurts!"

...paraphrasing with 'Brave Sir Rodney bravely ran away! When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled' the next time that McKay does something, er, cowardly, in front of him...

...watching the members of the Ori congregation at Prostration and muttering "help, help I'm being repressed - and d**n if I don't hate that"...

...asking Daniel why he didn't offer a nice shrubbery to the holographic knight in Merlin's cavern...

...making Sam write up proposals to defend Earth from Blanc Mange's - and / or Scotsmen playing tennis...

Hmm.

Considering their intricacy and detail, mayhap the instructions for The Holy Handgrenade Of Antioch were authored by one of Sam's ancestors?

(Okay, obviously I can't snicker and type simultaneously )
                      ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hello, my fellow Samandans. Couldn't sleep so I thought I'd just stop in for a quick hello. No surgery yet. I've been too ill, but I am scheduled for 8/4. Here's hoping. I'm very tired of all this.

OK, no more complaining.

I am not happy the surgery is scheduled the day BEFORE our beloved Sam returns to SG-1, talk about great timing. But I do have my DVD recorder working, so I'll be able to see it, when I get back home.

I miss you all, but I really haven't been able to get to the pc. Still NO laptop, but hope springs eternal.

Take care everyone and stay happy and healthy, the best thing I can wish for all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                          Hello, my fellow Samandans. Couldn't sleep so I thought I'd just stop in for a quick hello. No surgery yet. I've been too ill, but I am scheduled for 8/4. Here's hoping. I'm very tired of all this.

OK, no more complaining.

I am not happy the surgery is scheduled the day BEFORE our beloved Sam returns to SG-1, talk about great timing. But I do have my DVD recorder working, so I'll be able to see it, when I get back home.

I miss you all, but I really haven't been able to get to the pc. Still NO laptop, but hope springs eternal.

Take care everyone and stay happy and healthy, the best thing I can wish for all of you.
                          Atteria,
                          My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope you are feeling better soon.
                          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                          Hic Comitas Regit
                          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

majorsal, that absolute sweety, just informed me that Beach Head airs on SciFi on August 19......I feel better already. If all goes well I'll be able to see the triumphant return of our Queen, live!!!!!

I'm very happy.

Thank you Sal, you are the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                              Youpie !!!!! ( the only Yu joke we have in French )
                              You're right, this thread is great for improving my written English, but I wouldn't bet anything on my spoken one. I'm in need of practise, lots of practise. So :
                              Hmm, anyone want to come and visit "my" mountains ? We have sun, snow, clear water, reblochon (this one is for 1s4S ), skying in winter, trekking in summer. Anyone interested ?
                              If only I had the time and money I would be on plane in a heart beat. I loved my last trip to France and hope to visit again some day.

As a follow-up to an earlier post I was able to get part of the episode of Forever Knight recorded and made a few screencaps of the episode. This was filmed in 1994 and the episode title is "Near Death"

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                                If only I had the time and money I would be on plane in a heart beat. I loved my last trip to France and hope to visit again some day.

As a follow-up to an earlier post I was able to get part of the episode of Forever Knight recorded and made a few screencaps of the episode. This was filmed in 1994 and the episode title is "Near Death"

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/241/cap0042fe.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4941/cap0261hf.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5677/cap0350il.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1909/cap0453ms.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8114/cap0495ay.jpg
                                thanks, tsax!

i'm not sure i saw this ep. (i really liked this show and was *very* frustrated the way it ended!)

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X