No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhhhh time for bed! - over to the Yank contingent for the nights posting!!

Hope you all had a great weekend!!

Comment

Jester - Brecci email????

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        woohoo. i have her episode of Kung Fu on tape. and the only reason i bought 'the void' was because she was in it.

In many ways, stargate has made her a star. When she got the part, she really hadn't done all that much. some guest shots here and there. as is the way with many actors in vancouver
        but now that she's got almost 9 years of stargate under her belt, i think that her career can go wherever she wants it to go.

i doubt that she'd want to go to LA and the 'big leagues'. I just don't see her looking for that kind of fame. She'd be a little fish in a big pond. but in vancouver, i think that she is well known and respected.

I remember when s7 was so late being renewed she said that she did have some projects in the works, but that they were on hold waiting word on s7

now that she's directed and been nominated for awards for her work. and has the credit of working on stargate, i think she can do whatever she wants when/if the show ends/she leaves it.

she also had the con circuit to fall back on. These actors are paid quite well for their weekend and doing a few cons a year is a great way to supplement your income

her ability and skill, meshed with her reputation has pretty much given her a good control over her career and, u sed wisely, will probably mean that she's close to the point where she only needs to work if she wants to.
        Yup I agree - I have not seen the episode of Kung Fu she was in but now that they are releasing that on DVD I may rent in on Netflix and watch it - I also purchased "The Void" because AT was in it.

I would like to see her get to do some directing when she ends her run on Stargate. She has said that she would like to direct more and even though I did not care much for Resurection because I did not like the story I thought the directing was good. I would like to see what she would do with a better story.

Your so right about the con circuit being profible. I don't know how much she is going to want to travel now that she has Olivia but a few cons a year will certainly net her a fair amount. She is a fan favorite at cons. The last couple that I was at this year the most asked question was will Amanda be hear next year? She was asked more questions at Comic Con than any one else on the panel. So she is a fan favorite and will continue to be so because of her great personality on stage.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
          I see the Royal Accountant has beaten me to it, but yes, we Brits have the same understanding of "thongs and flip flops" as our Transatlantic cousins - flip flops go on your feet, and thongs go, erm, somewhere else. In fact, Sky's elegant description says it all (although I did have a bit of trouble reading it through the mouthful of Guinness which ended up covering the screen).
          d'oh, sorry.

hands 1speed a rag.

you really don't wanna know the slang term for thongs do you????

set down the guinness.
          there

it's also called butt floss
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That'd be why we call the "American thong" a g-string.... and no don't ask me why

Originally posted by Lys
            LOL !
            And what happens when Australians wear American thongs and vice versa ?
            Should I be aware of other "dangerous" words, dear Jester ? Or is the confusion limited to whatever thongs you chose to wear ?
            sigpic

Comment

Mmm close but not quite. The term "not with it" means uncool... normally applied to those who ignore the fashion of the time and stick with their trusty flanny shirt & thongs

I see the Royal Accountant has beaten me to it, but yes, we Brits have the same understanding of "thongs and flip flops" as our Transatlantic cousins - flip flops go on your feet, and thongs go, erm, somewhere else. In fact, Sky's elegant description says it all (although I did have a bit of trouble reading it through the mouthful of Guinness which ended up covering the screen).

But I've never come across the word "bogan" before. That's definitely one for the Antipodeans only. Anyway, courtesy of the Australian National Dictonary Centre website, "Bogan is Australian (especially teenage) slang for someone who is not "with it" in terms of behaviour and appearance, someone who is "not us"; hence, someone horrible, contemptible".

Seems a bit harsh...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                Your so right about the con circuit being profible. I don't know how much she is going to want to travel now that she has Olivia but a few cons a year will certainly net her a fair amount. She is a fan favorite at cons. The last couple that I was at this year the most asked question was will Amanda be hear next year? She was asked more questions at Comic Con than any one else on the panel. So she is a fan favorite and will continue to be so because of her great personality on stage.
                i think it's because she's so genuine.

I've seen other actors at cons and i can recognize the schtick. they put on an act. you get the feeling that the character you see on the stage isn't really the actor but a personna s/he puts forth.

when you go to a con, you'd like to think that you get a chance to meet the actor behind a favored character...but few if any really do because all most fans get is the on-stage personna.

however, the few times i've seen amanda, i don't get that feeling. I don't feel like she's watching the clock and concentrating on putting in her contracted time before she retires to her hotel room to chill out. I get the feeling that going to a con isn't just a quick way to make a buck but a real and honest chance to meet fans.

that's why i'd love nothing more than to get a chance to meet her in person, face to face. ain't ever gonna happen but a girl can dream

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  Youpie !!!!! ( the only Yu joke we have in French )
                  You're right, this thread is great for improving my written English, but I wouldn't bet anything on my spoken one. I'm in need of practise, lots of practise. So :
                  Hmm, anyone want to come and visit "my" mountains ? We have sun, snow, clear water, reblochon (this one is for 1s4S ), skying in winter, trekking in summer. Anyone interested ?
                  And mountain biking, and parapente, and raclette, and tartiflette, and saucisson Savoyard...

*scurries off to check the time of the flight from Liverpool to Geneva*

Comment

i think it's because she's so genuine.

I've seen other actors at cons and i can recognize the schtick. they put on an act. you get the feeling that the character you see on the stage isn't really the actor but a personna s/he puts forth.

when you go to a con, you'd like to think that you get a chance to meet the actor behind a favored character...but few if any really do because all most fans get is the on-stage personna.

however, the few times i've seen amanda, i don't get that feeling. I don't feel like she's watching the clock and concentrating on putting in her contracted time before she retires to her hotel room to chill out. I get the feeling that going to a con isn't just a quick way to make a buck but a real and honest chance to meet fans.

that's why i'd love nothing more than to get a chance to meet her in person, face to face. ain't ever gonna happen but a girl can dream
                    I have heard nothing but good reviews from people that have met her in person. Sometimes it the person interviewing her or a fan that met her at a con after the con was over. They said she was very nice, friendly, and really do love her fans. In Ascension, AT was talking about how she added personal touches to "Sam's" house. She added quilts, artwork, etc. that fans had given to her. She also used personal photos of her family. There is a picture of her and her twin brother when they were babies. There is a picture of her grandmother. She didn't have to add those personal touches, that just goes to show how genuine she is.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      That'd be why we call the "American thong" a g-string.... and no don't ask me why
                      I'm going to ask it.
                      What does the "g" stand for ? I have some ideas :

- gravity : It ensures you to stay on firm ground even caught in the most horrible tornado you can imagine
                      -geek :it's provided with geek! glasses so you can find what is the front and what is the back of the "thing"
                      -geometrical : the model for the maths geeks. The one you can use to demonstrate Pythagoras' theorem.
                      -guerilla : can be used as a blindfold, especially on archeologists lost in jungle.
                      -glue : the one you can't get rid of.

Of course you're going to tell me that's not that, but I like my fun.
                      And if there's any little bit of fun....What's a girl to do ?
                      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

And mountain biking, and parapente, and raclette, and tartiflette, and saucisson Savoyard...

*scurries off to check the time of the flight from Liverpool to Geneva*
                        And don't forget the pies ! the wonderful blueberries pies !
                        I wanna eat pie !
                        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

d'oh, sorry.

hands 1speed a rag.

you really don't wanna know the slang term for thongs do you????

set down the guinness.
                          there

it's also called butt floss
                          Er, cheers, Sky.

And you're right, I don't want to know the slang term for thongs, please don't tell me.... aarrrghhh, too late.

Oh well, at least I've finished my Guinness, so the screen's survived this time...

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                            Oh Yea Weekend Ramblings

1speed - the continued indoctrination

(snip)

The episodes up for viewing were Secrets and Bane. The RA noticed 1speed squirming in Secrets - due to the rarther mushy content of the epsiode (men and emotion eh!). At one point it was suspected that 1speed was paying no attention at all and the RA was ready to activate the Zap It charge (an add on to the optional extra grip-o-matic hand restraints) on high power - though luckily for 1speed his glazed look disapeared in an instant as Sam returned to full miliatry green.

All in the the RA is pleased with her sucess so far and seeing as the pair are only part way through season 2 - long may it continue!!
                            Or could it have been due to the curry...

And OK, I'll hold my hands up and admit that it's SoldierSam that does it for me.

Comment

Er, cheers, Sky.

And you're right, I don't want to know the slang term for thongs, please don't tell me.... aarrrghhh, too late.

Oh well, at least I've finished my Guinness, so the screen's survived this time...
                              at least i warned you this time

sigpic

Comment

My! What an entertaining day it has been in Samanda! Mountain biking/hiking, rednecks, guinness, thongs (both kinds), bogans, picnics! Wow! It has been a pleasure reading these posts!

It has also been a pleasure to sit inside in front of the computer while reading them. It's hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk here today.....near about 100! We ran errands a little earlier, and I am very glad to be back inside.

Now, though, I have a little reminder for you:

Round 36 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Family was eliminated in Round 35.

Help keep the Sam-centric episodes from being eliminated! You can make a difference!. Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...&page=84&pp=20

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X