Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To All Newcomers and De-Lurkers

Welcome to Samanda! As other Samandans have already said, please stay with us and join in the fun!

We try to be user-friendly.

Hic comitas regit, Jester

Comment

I have to say that you all have me lol! The discussion on thongs (never heard them called that before ... flip flops to those that are just joining the conversation.) Bogans is also a new one for me (I hope that is the correct spelling).

Rednecks... **I'm from th' south so I know all bout them. tho I don't reckon I'd be joining them. ** How was that Strix Varia? I've tried to lose my southern accent (a slooow draw when I speak) over the years. That was the first time that I have tried to type it though. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Mais oui, ma chere!

If you are lucky, Coley (aka the Royal Accountant) may make an appearance tonight (after downloading stuff on her PC) and she can then tell us what the Brits call "thongs and flip flops" and if the "bogan" works for the UK too. Oh, 1speed may join in on that too.

Your command of English is wonderful! Think of this thread as a great learning tool!
        Youpie !!!!! ( the only Yu joke we have in French )
        You're right, this thread is great for improving my written English, but I wouldn't bet anything on my spoken one. I'm in need of practise, lots of practise. So :
        Hmm, anyone want to come and visit "my" mountains ? We have sun, snow, clear water, reblochon (this one is for 1s4S ), skying in winter, trekking in summer. Anyone interested ?
        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Mais oui, ma chere!

If you are lucky, Coley (aka the Royal Accountant) may make an appearance tonight (after downloading stuff on her PC) and she can then tell us what the Brits call "thongs and flip flops" and if the "bogan" works for the UK too. Oh, 1speed may join in on that too.

Your command of English is wonderful! Think of this thread as a great learning tool!

Oi Jest what ARE you trying to do to me. You've mentioned the D word again???!!!!!

Calling all Samandans I'm downloading (have downloaded) a free trial of etrust antivirus (took 2 damn hours)!!

Sky's explanation of thongs is the Brit understanding also!!!

Your panty picci was rather conservative me ole mother hen!!

Me? I can (hopefully be not) seen wearing lycra long johns and fur lined booties with zip up the middle (your birthday pressie you didn't want miff). It's chilly oop north tha' knows!!

Comment

Congrats

sg-fanintn 800 posts
            Forever 1,100 posts
            Chopingal 1,200 posts
            Tsaxlady 700 posts
            Samfan31 200 posts

And has Strix hit the mark yet???!!!

Comment

Samfan31 - brilliant post and piccis post 12157 - darn no green to rep!!

Comment

we even gots rednecks round here in kansas, although we tend to call them hicks. in my case, i call some of em kin

welcome to all the newcomers. the more the merrier here in samanda
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Right apologies I've got no decenbt comments to make, but I'm not reading spoilers and speculation about season 9 - so that really leaves slim pickings really. However I have been getting a vibe from skim reading through the posts

Jester you are supposed to bring cheer to the land - buck up lass!!!

Comment

The Kingdom is unhappy
                    The Jesters full of woe
                    So when I need my cheer up
                    Where am I to go?

The great land of Samanda
                    Was once so full of cheer
                    Gala's, papers, caption-pics
                    Washed down with RA's beer

Now the posts are full of angst
                    Because of season 9
                    I'm sure I've said it all before
                    It will turn out fine!!!

Comment

LOL - Okay I'm old 'nuff to have called 'em thongs and now flip flops. Grew up in FL went to college in South GA so I'm often called a Redneck by my friends here in CA. (My Mustang's horn played Dixie )

Now to bring this back on topic as I was reading through todays posts I turned the TV on and was channel surfing when I came across on Forever Knight and guess who was on - that's right it was the episode that AT guest started on it was on the local UPN station today.
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                        The Kingdom is unhappy
                        The Jesters full of woe
                        So when I need my cheer up
                        Where am I to go?

The great land of Samanda
                        Was once so full of cheer
                        Gala's, papers, caption-pics
                        Washed down with RA's beer

Now the posts are full of angst
                        Because of season 9
                        I'm sure I've said it all before
                        It will turn out fine!!!
                        Coley, you should be careful when you write things such as RA's beer. I have this image popping in my head of our first Goa'uld and last of season 8, the great Ra, drowning his sorrow of having his butt kicked by SG1 with the beer you keep in the Royal Liquor Cabinet.
                        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          Now to bring this back on topic as I was reading through todays posts I turned the TV on and was channel surfing when I came across on Forever Knight and guess who was on - that's right it was the episode that AT guest started on it was on the local UPN station today.

woohoo. i have her episode of Kung Fu on tape. and the only reason i bought 'the void' was because she was in it.

In many ways, stargate has made her a star. When she got the part, she really hadn't done all that much. some guest shots here and there. as is the way with many actors in vancouver
                          but now that she's got almost 9 years of stargate under her belt, i think that her career can go wherever she wants it to go.

i doubt that she'd want to go to LA and the 'big leagues'. I just don't see her looking for that kind of fame. She'd be a little fish in a big pond. but in vancouver, i think that she is well known and respected.

I remember when s7 was so late being renewed she said that she did have some projects in the works, but that they were on hold waiting word on s7

now that she's directed and been nominated for awards for her work. and has the credit of working on stargate, i think she can do whatever she wants when/if the show ends/she leaves it.

she also had the con circuit to fall back on. These actors are paid quite well for their weekend and doing a few cons a year is a great way to supplement your income

her ability and skill, meshed with her reputation has pretty much given her a good control over her career and, u sed wisely, will probably mean that she's close to the point where she only needs to work if she wants to.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if this question has ever been asked, I'm sure that it has... but I will ask again in light of another thread that is voting for their favorite SG-1 episode (go vote if you haven't already)

What is your favorite Sam episode?
                            It could be the episode contains your favorite line, favorite scene , etc.

I liked "Ascension", "Grace"(I'm a shipper. Also loved her conversation with Jacob), "Foothold" because of Sam's comment to Maybourne. There are others these are just a few that I thought of first.

I should explain "Ascension". For the first time in Sam's life no one believed her! They are telling her to go home and relax. That's she is stressed and overworked. Sam is thinking overworked ... what?? She tries to explain she isn't crazy, and there really is an alien living in her house. I thought this was a great challenge for Sam. She was out of her comfort zone and IMO she handled it well! The truth did prevail and I would love to hear what the rest of SG-1 thought after Sam retuned from the planet.
                            Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 24 July 2005, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Mais oui, ma chere!

I see the Royal Accountant has beaten me to it, but yes, we Brits have the same understanding of "thongs and flip flops" as our Transatlantic cousins - flip flops go on your feet, and thongs go, erm, somewhere else. In fact, Sky's elegant description says it all (although I did have a bit of trouble reading it through the mouthful of Guinness which ended up covering the screen).

But I've never come across the word "bogan" before. That's definitely one for the Antipodeans only. Anyway, courtesy of the Australian National Dictonary Centre website, "Bogan is Australian (especially teenage) slang for someone who is not "with it" in terms of behaviour and appearance, someone who is "not us"; hence, someone horrible, contemptible".

Seems a bit harsh...

Comment

Oh Yea Weekend Ramblings

1speed - the continued indoctrination

The selfless RA continued her quest of total conversion - to all things Samandan - of the Royal Bike Patrol - 1speed4Sam

Her irresistable wit and charm was diluted somewhat by the gracious presence of some additional walkers known by 1speed in the up and down tramp over the Howgill Fells. (very nice company too it was reported) Despite this the RA managed to make the chap pliable enough to agree to more tea and Stargate on the infamous Stargate Viewing Settee (tm)

The episodes up for viewing were Secrets and Bane. The RA noticed 1speed squirming in Secrets - due to the rarther mushy content of the epsiode (men and emotion eh!). At one point it was suspected that 1speed was paying no attention at all and the RA was ready to activate the Zap It charge (an add on to the optional extra grip-o-matic hand restraints) on high power - though luckily for 1speed his glazed look disapeared in an instant as Sam returned to full miliatry green.

All in the the RA is pleased with her sucess so far and seeing as the pair are only part way through season 2 - long may it continue!!

Comment

Working...
                                X