Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    yep, the server clock keeps getting lost in time.....must be near a black hole or something

let's just say we ALL got post 12000
    *looks ahead into future or past and responds to Sky who's apparently posted both in the past and...um...future*

Wooo hooo....

Wait a minute, I'm either 12006 or 11998...or none of the above.

Perhaps either in this or some alternate reality I am the true 12000th post!!!

MB

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31

And in the spirit of welcoming back our ruling monarch here’s where we stand (US west coast time) as we anxiously await Beach Head.

YES!

one more day, and we'll be in the 20s!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, just found out about this: The Amanda Tapping Contest. Basically its a little contest that the Amanda Tapping Club are running (with prizes and all! :O).
        Hello everyone and welcome to The Amanda Tapping Contest Website!

This is the second time we're organising The Amanda Tapping Contest. The reason behind this is to show Amanda how much she is appreciated by her fans. Therefore we invite all of you to participate in this contest to show how much we admire her for the variety of work she has done and for the warm welcome she gives her fans at conventions.

Fans from all around the world are asked to submit artwork, fiction, music videos, websites, poetry,… (no matter how small, short, what technique etc) that relate to any and all of the characters Amanda has played.

The contestsubmissions will run for about a month, more specific from July to the end of August people will be able to submit their entries. The contest’s submissions will be added to this site (http://www.theamandatappingcontest.tk), which is especially made for this project for all to enjoy. Early September until mid October there will be a voting booth set up, so everyone can vote for their favourite entry and decide the winners for each category. The winners will receive various prizes such as a DVD with Amanda's work, photo CDs, key pendants, magazines, blue jello and much more.

Everything that is submitted to the contest will be presented to Amanda at the Gabit Event in October to show our appreciation and to give Amanda something in return for being the role model of many young-woman, for her lovely smile, warm welcomesand for all the funny moments she has shared with us through conventions, interviews, chats and by watching Stargate.

Good luck to you all !
        I think some of our fellow Samandan's should submit some of their work

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Awww, you're not seeing the humor in it at all? Come on, I'm assuming that Sam and Jack are together in Season 9. That's a good thing right? Or is it the whole tongue thing? Hmm, ok. I know I went over the top with this one. I just couldn't help myself. I really think I was channeling Vala while I was making it.
          i like the amanda/chris angle, not the sam/teal'c thang!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            i can see them being sneaky too. like.... what if there really isn't an sg1 anymore? i heard that the writers wanted to change the name of the show to reflect it's 'spinoffedness', but that scifi said nope. so what if sg1 is in name only to the show, and that sg1 doesn't really exist anymore?

sally
            Ooooo. That wouldn't be sneaky. That would just be creepy. No SG-1 in a series by that title?

My LJ

Comment

yep, the server clock keeps getting lost in time.....must be near a black hole or something

i also think posts are moving around in that black hole. i saw two ppl's replies to two of your posts before i saw your posts!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

i also think posts are moving around in that black hole. i saw two ppl's replies to two of your posts before i saw your posts!

sally
                Yeah, I think the bug has been fixed, but there are several posts that will still say they have been posted in teh future It should all fix itself out by the time the time on those posts roll around. If that made sense...

Oh, and *cough* you might wanna check the 12000th post now

Comment

now, on a separate note.... not liking that new sig, fs!

sally
                  LOL!!!

My LJ

Comment

sally
                    I agree! I keep going back to see what I missed because new posts seem to be appearing on page 600 and we are on page 601. too funny!

I feel sorry for the people that read tomorrow with several posts answered before they are actaully asked!

Comment

I think Majorsal got the 12000 post

Comment

Will we ever get out of this time warp?! I think I just posted my 1200th around the same time we were multiple-posting our 12000th! Except that my 1200th got posted at the GABIT thread because I just couldn't leave Coley's post alone!

My brain can't take all this math in ... going to bed ... but not counting any sheep!

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                          I think Majorsal got the 12000 post
                          12000th post
                          It shows that I got it for me

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            Ooooo. That wouldn't be sneaky. That would just be creepy. No SG-1 in a series by that title?
                            Saw the posts with the thought about no SG1 as a team and just popped in to note that in the cast photo the SG1 patches are clearly visible on Carter and Mitchell (Daniel and Teal'c are turned in the wrong direction so we cannot see thier team patches). What it all means in the grand scheme of things . . . ?

Comment

I literally just made a post and it went in at no. 12011 instead of at the bottom - something weird is definitley happening here.

Edited to add - now this one went in as 12011 and pushed my other one up to 12010 - maybe if I keep posting inane thoughts I can have no. 12000.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                Hey tsaxlady? You know that vid you posted where AT is talking about the technobabble and simplifying it, and CJ starts joking around. Could you please tell us what they're saying to each other? I think the audience heard, because everyone was laughing, but I wasn't sure what was said before AT said, "You oughtta know."

Thanks!
                                I really wanted to help her with the transcriptions...but I haven't had time...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X