No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know I've been thinking about this whole issue regarding who will be in charge of SG-1 when Sam returns. Sam or Mitchell? And after looking over the information we have been given so far, I'm starting to see a pattern of sort and unfortunately I don't think it's going to make some people very happy.

So far we know...
    Spoiler:

Mitchell is given command SG-1 after it's stated that he was to join under Lt. Colonel Carter, but Sam has taken a position as director of R&D at Area 51.

Sam states that took on the R & D position for a reason.

Sam comes back, albeit reluctantly, in Beach Head when Earth is once again under threat of imminent danger.

According to spoilers 'Ex Deus' sees [Carter] in the thick of things -- reunited with an old friend. As Carter and Daniel attempt to locate the bomb without attracting the attention of Baal's henchmen, Mitchell, Teal'c and Landry attempt a diplomatic resolution, negotiating with Gerak to stop him from using force. Caught between two unpredictable foes, will the Stargate team be able to peacefully diffuse the situation before the U.S. becomes a final battleground between the Jaffa and Goa'uld?

In the spoilers for Fourth Horseman, Sam is reunited with Orlin and offers yet another reunion of sorts while Carter teams with Dr. Lee in an attempt to help capture 'the missing piece of a puzzle. [Daniel] teams with Mitchell to head off-world and corrall 'a missing piece to the puzzle.'"

In Babylon, Mitchell is gravely wounded and the episode revolves around him being healed and trained to to fight in a battle of the death.

In Prototype, Daniel works with the hybrid Gou'ald/Ancient and Teal'c/Mitchell are in Dakara [with no spoiler info as to where Sam is].

In Collateral Damage, Mitchell is accused of murder on a alien planet. The doctors there reattach Colonel Mitchell to the memory device, and with Carter observing begin the painstaking process of examining his mind to look for proof that his murderous memory was implanted -- revealing key moments from his past. He must also endure the disturbing memory of Reya's murder over and over.

There have also been spoilers that Amanda will be on one episode of Atlantis this season. According to the Stargate Project website, the episode in which Amanda will appear is 'Grace Under Pressure'.

Maybe it's just me, but with many of this spoiler information there seems to be one thing in common. Sam is either doing a lot of heavy scientific stuff, Sam is not present at all, and/or Mitchell/Sam are not put into a situation where neither would be required to command over the other with either Mitchell being incapacitated in one way or another, or he is off with Daniel/Teal'c while Sam is working with Daniel/Beckett/Lee/Orlin, or Sam is not there at all.

I may be wrong here, but I'm really starting to see this as either a joint command situation or Mitchell will get command of SG-1 with Sam only a part of the team on an as needed basis, but I just don't see with the information we have been given so far where Sam will be given sole command of SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      A Royal Samanda Welcome to New Faces and De-Lurkers Extraordinaires

ann_sgcfan
      crazedturkey
      Colonel Williams
      jay (love your location!)
      maryclaremcdade
      m_wendy_r
      Nikkirose
      jerin
      And anyone I may have missed in my absence!

Welcome to the Party!

See Page 442, top post by Astrogeologist for a Royal Map of the Kingdom!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...page=442&pp=20

OMG! This will take some time to read. Thanks, Chopingal and the rest of the Samandans!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
      Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
        This is great Chopingal I love when you write this kind of poems
        I think Historian spoke on everyone's behalf. Thank you!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
        Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          You know I've been thinking about this whole issue regarding who will be in charge of SG-1 when Sam returns. Sam or Mitchell? And after looking over the information we have been given so far, I'm starting to see a pattern of sort and unfortunately I don't think it's going to make some people very happy.

So far we know...
          Spoiler:

Mitchell is given command SG-1 after it's stated that he was to join under Lt. Colonel Carter, but Sam has taken a position as director of R&D at Area 51.

Sam states that took on the R & D position for a reason.

Sam comes back, albeit reluctantly, in Beach Head when Earth is once again under threat of imminent danger.

According to spoilers 'Ex Deus' sees [Carter] in the thick of things -- reunited with an old friend. As Carter and Daniel attempt to locate the bomb without attracting the attention of Baal's henchmen, Mitchell, Teal'c and Landry attempt a diplomatic resolution, negotiating with Gerak to stop him from using force. Caught between two unpredictable foes, will the Stargate team be able to peacefully diffuse the situation before the U.S. becomes a final battleground between the Jaffa and Goa'uld?

In the spoilers for Fourth Horseman, Sam is reunited with Orlin and offers yet another reunion of sorts while Carter teams with Dr. Lee in an attempt to help capture 'the missing piece of a puzzle. [Daniel] teams with Mitchell to head off-world and corrall 'a missing piece to the puzzle.'"

In Babylon, Mitchell is gravely wounded and the episode revolves around him being healed and trained to to fight in a battle of the death.

In Prototype, Daniel works with the hybrid Gou'ald/Ancient and Teal'c/Mitchell are in Dakara [with no spoiler info as to where Sam is].

In Collateral Damage, Mitchell is accused of murder on a alien planet. The doctors there reattach Colonel Mitchell to the memory device, and with Carter observing begin the painstaking process of examining his mind to look for proof that his murderous memory was implanted -- revealing key moments from his past. He must also endure the disturbing memory of Reya's murder over and over.

There have also been spoilers that Amanda will be on one episode of Atlantis this season. According to the Stargate Project website, the episode in which Amanda will appear is 'Grace Under Pressure'.

Maybe it's just me, but with many of this spoiler information there seems to be one thing in common. Sam is either doing a lot of heavy scientific stuff, Sam is not present at all, and/or Mitchell/Sam are not put into a situation where neither would be required to command over the other with either Mitchell being incapacitated in one way or another, or he is off with Daniel/Teal'c while Sam is working with Daniel/Beckett/Lee/Orlin, or Sam is not there at all.

I may be wrong here, but I'm really starting to see this as either a joint command situation or Mitchell will get command of SG-1 with Sam only a part of the team on an as needed basis, but I just don't see with the information we have been given so far where Sam will be given sole command of SG-1.
          Wow. Once again I'm amazed at how you can look at the situation like that and point out the details that many have overlooked. I never thought of this situation that way. Yipes.

If your theory is true,
          Spoiler:
          then I think it looks like there will be no need for joint command. If Sam and Cam are working "together" to solve a problem, but in various other places, then there wouldn't be a chain of command issue. Cam will be the leader of the his half of the team and Sam will be the leader of her half. All command decisions aside, this frustrates me because I thought that TPTB insisted MULTIPLE TIMES that the team would work together - meaning physically - to save the day. From the looks of these spoilers, it looks like the team is doing exactly what they had to do for seasons seven and eight - saving the day in some fragmented version of a "team." I seriously thought those days were over now. Weird.

As always, however, the lack of spoilers that involve Sam could just be their sick way of being coy, but your theory is the most logical. Maybe we'll have some more spoilers for Beach Head and beyond by the end of next week.
          Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 20 July 2005, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Guess the episode: (Haven't done this in awhile)

Comment

Guess the episode: (Haven't done this in awhile)

Ah man, I can't resist! Failsafe? Though I thought that those crystals were arranged horizontally, not vertically.

Comment

Here's a great picture of Sam...

Comment

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER]A Royal Samanda Welcome to New Faces and De-Lurkers Extraordinaires

ann_sgcfan
                  crazedturkey
                  Colonel Williams
                  jay (love your location!)
                  maryclaremcdade
                  m_wendy_r
                  Nikkirose
                  jerin
                  Ditto
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

A quick thank you to tsaxlady and Uber and Kat too for all the links and sights and sounds of the comic con in Burbank! Amanda never looked better - motherhood has added an extra glow!

Thanks again for your efforts! I plan to return the favor and share whatever I bring back from GABIT!

Comic Con was in San Diego - I also went to the Creation Stargate Con which was in Burbank

I look forward to lots of reports and pictures from the GABIT Con - I know those of you going will have a blast. AT is my favorite person to see at Cons - she is wonderful with fans.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Here's a great picture of Sam...

Now THAT one I can guess accurately.

Comment

Interesting thoughts on the command situation.

I still think TPTB have come up with something sneaky... like Sam being in command of all operations regarding science and technology, and Cam being in command of all tactical and military operations... or something like that. I don't know if the Air Force would actually allow such an arrangement or not, though, since it's conceivable the two might overlap.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                          Interesting thoughts on the command situation.

I still think TPTB have come up with something sneaky... like Sam being in command of all operations regarding science and technology, and Cam being in command of all tactical and military operations... or something like that. I don't know if the Air Force would actually allow such an arrangement or not, though, since it's conceivable the two might overlap.
                          Heh. Yeah, I'm a HUGE fan of the "sneaky" concepts. This might be one of those times where sneakiness is condoned.

Comment

Gosh, I'm only posting this to see if I've reached 1200 and to see if this appears as the first post on top of Samanda Page 600! Wow, I may be close but miss both marks ... let's see what happens when I press <enter>

Aha! Close but no cigar!

Comment

Hey tsaxlady? You know that vid you posted where AT is talking about the technobabble and simplifying it, and CJ starts joking around. Could you please tell us what they're saying to each other? I think the audience heard, because everyone was laughing, but I wasn't sure what was said before AT said, "You oughtta know."

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                A nice little piece - thanks Sky!!

Comment

Working...
                                X