No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i asked the question i'm about to ask here on another thread. i think i stand a better chance of getting an answer here, though, so i'm going to c/p some of that post over here.

~~~

from the TV Zone Special #64 magazine --

(snipped some of robert cooper's interview)

spoilers for s9 --

Spoiler:

"So when Season Nine of SG-1 came about and it became clear that we'd
    be making as many changes to the show as we were, I pitched very
    strongly the idea of revamping the series on more fronts than just
    adding new characters. I wanted to bring in new villains and change
    SG-1's mission
    ."

~~~

what do you think rob means by sg1's *new* mission? do you think he means just that they'll have a new adversary, or that sg1 will be different? you know, no longer a first contact team?

(i'm not sure i've asked this question here before)

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

well, traditionally thier mission has been to find tech to defeat the goauld.....and that's done. so they gotta have another mission statement
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i asked the question i'm about to ask here on another thread. i think i stand a better chance of getting an answer here, though, so i'm going to c/p some of that post over here.

~~~

from the TV Zone Special #64 magazine --

(snipped some of robert cooper's interview)

spoilers for s9 --

Spoiler:

"So when Season Nine of SG-1 came about and it became clear that we'd
        be making as many changes to the show as we were, I pitched very
        strongly the idea of revamping the series on more fronts than just
        adding new characters. I wanted to bring in new villains and change
        SG-1's mission
        ."

~~~

what do you think rob means by sg1's *new* mission? do you think he means just that they'll have a new adversary, or that sg1 will be different? you know, no longer a first contact team?

(i'm not sure i've asked this question here before)

sally
        I think it might just have to do with them no longer fighting the Goa'uld, and instead sizing up against these new baddies
        SG-1 would still do the stuff they used to do, just they wouldn't be battling Jaffa everywhere they go now

btw, thanks for the rec majorsal - it sure is a 'super hot' fic

Comment

are there time-line inconsistancies between sg's avalon and atlantis' season premier? if so, have they been figured out? if i remember right, a fellow samandan asked joe about these inconsistancies on his thread.

i'm basically asking because --

spoilers for s9's avalon -
          Spoiler:
          was sam on the daedalis (sp?) or the prometheus?

sally
          I believe I found conclusive proof that there is a time difference of at least a few weeks (maybe more) between SG-1 and Atlantis...

Avalon spoilers:

Spoiler:
          Daniel in looking over Vala's tablet in his lab checks out something on his computer and says, "..this is a portion of the database the Atlantis expedition brought back with them a few weeks ago..." Well on SGA the Atlantis expedition hasn't left Atlantis for Earth yet...

so SG-1 has to be at least a few weeks ahead of SGA...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            I believe I found conclusive proof that there is a time difference of at least a few weeks (maybe more) between SG-1 and Atlantis...

Avalon spoilers:

Spoiler:
            Daniel in looking over Vala's tablet in his lab checks out something on his computer and says, "..this is a portion of the database the Atlantis expedition brought back with them a few weeks ago..." Well on SGA the Atlantis expedition hasn't left Atlantis for Earth yet...

so SG-1 has to be at least a few weeks ahead of SGA...

Of course, I would argue that that's referring to the transmission they sent back in Letter's from Pegasus. But lets not get into that debate here!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              well, traditionally thier mission has been to find tech to defeat the goauld.....and that's done. so they gotta have another mission statement
              Okay the following is just me thinking out loud. I probably contradict my self several times, but hey I reserve the right to change mind ... constantly.

I agree, but would that new mission statement
              Spoiler:
              include defeating the Ori? In that case would it be that much different then the last mission statement. (just thinking out loud) What if they revamped the entire SGC. Obviously it is still military, but SG-1 has been disassembled, the SGC is under command of a new General. Like Skydiver said the Goa'uld and replicators are gone for the most part. Still a few out there though. They choose a very green Lt. Colonel to not only lead but also pick his team members for SG-1. Where are the rest of the SGC team leaders? Is it just exploratory missions?

What do you think? Would they make SGC a scientific base for exploratory missions? In that case why would Sam leave to be head of area 51 ... so maybe that's not it. But some of you have said she is on a ship why do you think that? Does it have something to do with SGA, because I really don't watch that one.

okay after all of that I guess I have no idea either.

Comment

Hmmmmm.... new mission... everybody will be happy with the leadership arrangement....

I think TPTB may have something sneaky up their sleeves that could really surprise us.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                  Hmmmmm.... new mission... everybody will be happy with the leadership arrangement....

I think TPTB may have something sneaky up their sleeves that could really surprise us.
                  Yeah. I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Of course, I would argue that that's referring to the transmission they sent back in Letter's from Pegasus. But lets not get into that debate here!
                    I'm sorry but I think I have to agree with Uber here. *Gasp*
                    Agree. With. Uber?
                    Wow, that's not something I thought I'd be ever saying outloud.

I really don't think Daniel would have said 'the Atlantis expedition brought back a few weeks ago' if it had been sent back in Letter's from Pegasus. He would have said something more like 'the Atlantis expedition sent back a few weeks ago'.

Also, I have to admit the timelines between these two just don't jive with me either. After Moebius II, the SGC now had a ZPM to send back to Atlantis. In Siege II, they say that with the ZPM, the Daedalus can travel from Earth to Atlantis in around four days.

Spoiler:

Now if the Daedalus was leaving on it's first mission to Atlantis during Avalon, how do you explain that Teal'c left the SGC a month previous to Mitchell's arrival and Sam had taken a new position at Area 51 the previous week?

This would suggest that even though Atlantis was under seige, that the SGC waited well over a month to send the Daedalus to the rescue.

But that's just my two cents.

Kat

Edit: Ok after much debate with Uber, I find that there is a flaw in my thinking. I hate when that happens. Hmm, damn writers and their inconsistancies.
                    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 19 July 2005, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan

Spoiler:
                      But some of you have said she is on a ship why do you think that? Does it have something to do with SGA, because I really don't watch that one.

Spoiler:
                      what ship - daedalus or prometheus? (i don't watch atlantis either)

did sam 'leave' on the ship, or was she just helping to get it ready for take off?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

did sam 'leave' on the ship, or was she just helping to get it ready for take off?

sally
                        Getting it ready

Comment

Getting it ready
                          Agreed. She was prepping "A" ship...but we don't know if it's the Daedalus or another ship to be in the future fleet...

My first guess was that she's working on the Daedalus...but there's no conclusive evidence that it was the Daedalus as opposed to a new ship we haven't seen yet.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Spoiler:

Getting it ready
                            Okay that makes more since.
                            Spoiler:
                            Because last weeks episode said that Sam had left to lead the R&D at area 51. I don't know if it was in this thread or another one that suggested Sam was on a ship. Of course it could have just been me miss interrupting something they said.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              I'm sorry but I think I have to agree with Über here. *Gasp*
                              Agree. With. Über?
                              Wow, that's not something I thought I'd be ever saying outloud.

I really don't think Daniel would have said 'the Atlantis expedition brought back a few weeks ago' if it had been sent back in Letter's from Pegasus. He would have said something more like 'the Atlantis expedition sent back a few weeks ago'.

Also, I have to admit the timelines between these two just don't jive with me either. After Moebius II, the SGC now had a ZPM to send back to Atlantis. In Siege II, they say that with the ZPM, the Daedalus can travel from Earth to Atlantis in around four days.

Spoiler:

Now if the Daedalus was leaving on it's first mission to Atlantis during Avalon, how do you explain that Teal'c left the SGC a month previous to Mitchell's arrival and Sam had taken a new position at Area 51 the previous week?

This would suggest that even though Atlantis was under seige, that the SGC waited well over a month to send the Daedalus to the rescue.

But that's just my two cents.

Kat

Edit: Ok after much debate with Über, I find that there is a flaw in my thinking. I hate when that happens. Hmm, damn writers and their inconsistancies.
                              Nope...no flaw in your thinking at all...

They wouldn't
                              Spoiler:
                              wait a month to send help that would have been required mere days after receiving the "Letter from Pegasus."

It wouldn't make sense to do so...because by the time they got there A MONTH TOO LATE, all they'd be able to do is mourn the loss of the entire Atlantis expedition...

Did you all catch the exciting Atlantis news?
                              Spoiler:
                              Sam's visiting Atlantis this year!!!

I love the idea of David Hewlett doing his
                              Spoiler:
                              Happy Sam Dance
                              !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                from the wonderful ladies on the transcript group

jack and hank's scene
                                Spoiler:

SCENE: Landry's house. Outside. O'Neill and Landry playing chess

O'NEILL: So did you decide to go at the desk at an angle or…flush
                                with the door?

LANDRY: is that what this is about? You come all the way to Colorado
                                springs to check up on me?

O'NEILL: Nah…I had to sign the papers to my house…and my car…my
                                motorcycle
                                as to transcript
                                Spoiler:
                                when Jack says "motorcycle" , I don't think he said "my motorcycle just motorcycle".

Comment

Working...
                                X