No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Uber - congrats on you 1,600 post!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      She looked down at Brad and Robert, they were talking to each other but you could not hear what they were saying. I checked with my friend who asked the question in the first place (yes I may not be a shipper but I do have shippy friends ) about what was said at the very end of the recording and she said that Brad quipped that they didn’t know about Sam and Jack because “Sam has such a good rapport with Beau”, at which point they all laughed and then Chris and Ben started playing with Beau's ears. They were all having fun up on the panel with each other. I think it is just an extention of what it must be like on the set. I was at many other panels over the course of the 4 days of Comic Con and I can tell you the SG1 crew was having more fun with each other and the audience than any other panel.

The hall was very large, seating for 4,200 people and it was full when the SG1 panel started, in fact a lot of people myself included arrived about 3 hours before the SG panels and sat through another panel so we could have good seats for the SG panel. There was a really bad echo in the hall and the panel was having a hard time hearing questions when asked from the audience.

I know a lot of folks are not crazy about Rob Cooper, but this is not the first time I have seen him on a panel and I can tell you he was smiling a lot more this weekend than I have seen in the past. The more serious looking pictures I have of him were when he was trying to listen to hear questions being asked.

For those that have asked who was sitting were let me give you a run down of the panel from left to right - Michael Davis (TV Guide editor) was standing at a podium and he lead off the questioning, next all seated Brad Wright, Robert Cooper, Ben Browder, Beau Bridges, Christopher Judge, Amanad Tapping and Tony Opticon (SciFi VP). For those interested in the SGA panel Michael Davis, Brad Wright, Robert Cooper, Joe Flanigan, Rachel Luttrell, Paul McGillion, David Hewlett, and Jason Momoa.
      Thanks for answering my question. I asked because we know that the Sam/Jack thing is fairly controversial, and I wondered whether Amanda looked at RC to gauge how she should answer. I'm not reading anything deep into this...I was just being..well...nosy!
      sigpic

Comment

(Slightly belated) Congrats on 1600 posts, Über!!!

Comment

Ahem, your attention please, ladies and gentlemen.

Be it known throughout the land of Samanda, Coley and 1speed have tonight booked for GABIT.

Just thought you'd like to know.

*runs away and hides*

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
            Ahem, your attention please, ladies and gentlemen.

Be it known throughout the land of Samanda, Coley and 1speed have tonight booked for GABIT.

Just thought you'd like to know.

*runs away and hides*
            This is great! I have my ticket for GABIT too!
            sigpic

Comment

Here's another Amanda video from ComicCon regarding how did she as an actress create the personalities of Replicarter and GEEK!Sam:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/...at_geeksam.mpg

I'll see what I can do about a transcript...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Here's another Amanda video from ComicCon regarding how did she as an actress create the personalities of Replicarter and GEEK!Sam:

Thanks so much for doing this for us!! These videos are great! And thanks to Tsaxlady for all the pictures and taking the video!!

It is so wonderful to hear that Amanda and the rest of the cast were having so much fun!

Comment

Okay...here's another ComicCon clip...courtesy of Tsax and yours truly...

Here Amanda is asked about the Sam/Jack relationship
                  http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/...at_samjack.mpg

Thanks for the vid clips tsax and Uber! And thanks for the transcription, Uber (like Majorsal, I was having trouble understanding what they were saying at certain times)
                  Originally posted by Myrth
                  Just to prove she's just as hot when she's not smiling....

Wonderful graphic, Myrth!

And congrats on 1600 posts Uber!
                  Last edited by astrogeologist; 18 July 2005, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    Oh yeah! Ditto! You rock, Über!
                    Now how do I get a hold of some blue jello?

Congratulations, Uber!

Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for the time and effort you've put so far into posting the pictures and sending me the videos to edit and post.

And you don't need to do the transcript for the video asking about Sam and Jack as I've already done it (which I know takes a burden off of your moderately non-shippy heart )...here it is below:
                      once again, i'd like to thank tsax and über for their time and thoughtfulness!! for those of us that couldn't attend the con, you've made us feel like we have. THANK YOU!!

(((tsax)))

(((über)))

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

Congratulations, Uber!
                        Oohhh yeah. That hits the spot.

Why, thank you Astro!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Thanks... I'm very bored tonight as you all might be able to tell...

I loved the clips and photos from Tsax so much I started playing with them.

Please do not hate me because I'm insanely weird... or because of what I'm about to show you... Shippers close your eyes!! I couldn't help myself. These pics were just screaming to be captioned.

Hey ForeverSG1-very very funny!!

And I wanted to say a big thankyou to Tsaxlady and Uber for all the awesome Amanda stuff! It makes this little Samfan very happy.

Comment

spoilers for s9's avalon (and beyond)

Originally posted by tsaxlady

(snip)

I remember thinking as I watched them how much I'm looking forward to when Sam returns full-time to see how she and Cameron get along because the interaction between Ben and Amanda at the con seemed to be so good.
                            i hope, truly hope, that they're friends. sam is good friends with daniel and teal'c, and i'd like to see that type of relationship go/unfold for sam and mitchell too.

it could be that they've worked together before, or they went to the academy together, or whatever.

i have to say that i'm *very* happy with the way they've written mitchell. i know we've only seen one ep, but i think the direction they've taken him (fan-boy of sg1) was a very smart one. i feel this way for two main reasons: a- it makes him a non-threat to ALL of sg1, and b- (my fave) it makes him feel like one of *us*. what i loved about jonas was that we were seeing everything from 'his' eyes. it brought a freshness to it, because it kind of felt like we (AND sg1) were experiencing some of this for the first time. i saw some of jonas' newbie charm in mitchell too.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

borrowing post....

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                              (Slightly belated) Congrats on 1600 posts, Über!!!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

thank you *again*!

and boy, do we ever need that transcript! i'm especially wondering what chris said to amanda that made her hit him. i'm glad they had the two of them sitting together, because it's fun to see their sibling-like relay.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X