Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    Here's a rec for a good Sam-fic: Retribution

It has lots of great Sam-angst, Sam-whumping and how she deals with the aftermath... not a 'happy' fic - gritty and 'real'.... And there's J/S ship (although it's not fluffy and light). Also deals with the Sam vs. Cam in command issue. This may be one of the best fics for showing MackKenzie as a fairly good guy.

thanks for the fic rec, astro. the fic was powerful!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Okay...here's another ComicCon clip...courtesy of Tsax and yours truly...

Here Amanda is asked about the Sam/Jack relationship for Season 9:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/...at_samjack.mpg

uber, *please* post this on the shipper thread so i can squee my guts out! (and not cause the gag reflex in poor agent dark )

also, i'm having a bit of probs understand some of what is said - is there any way of close captioning stuff like this? i'm using windows media player, but i have quicktime and real player too. do any of these players have a closed captioning thingermager?

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        uber, *please* post this on the shipper thread so i can squee my guts out! (and not cause the gag reflex in poor agent dark )

also, i'm having a bit of probs understand some of what is said - is there any way of close captioning stuff like this? i'm using windows media player, but i have quicktime and real player too. do any of these players have a closed captioning thingermager?

sally
        They do, but the captions need to be recorded with the file. It would be possible for someone to transcribe what's being said, then merge it with the clip, but the file you have wont have any captions on it.

And thank you for your consideration at not squeeing your guts out in this thread!

Comment

Thanks everyone who's been putting up pics and video clips! You've made my day!
          Royal Page of Samanda
          "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

I'm glad everyone has enjoyed the pictures and video clips. I will do my best to transcribe the video clips in the next day or two. Someone a few posts back asked about the guys sitting to the left of Amanda that was Tony Optican he works with SciFi and was the SciFi rep on the panel.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              I'm glad everyone has enjoyed the pictures and video clips. I will do my best to transcribe the video clips in the next day or two. Someone a few posts back asked about the guys sitting to the left of Amanda that was Tony Optican he works with SciFi and was the SciFi rep on the panel.
              Thank you SO MUCH for the time and effort you've put so far into posting the pictures and sending me the videos to edit and post.

And you don't need to do the transcript for the video asking about Sam and Jack as I've already done it (which I know takes a burden off of your moderately non-shippy heart )...here it is below:

Transcript from ComicCon...Amanda answers question about Sam and Jack

Questioner: And a lot of us loved Threads and Moebius; but we're wondering what's going on with Sam and Jack now.

(audience cheers)

Amanda: We talk on the phone. (audience laughs) You know it's actually uh very cleverly ambiguous...which um...Robert came up with this great way of sort of "Are they together/are they not/what's going on"...and we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being. (audiences awwwws) And then we'll see what happens. (Amanda, who's been smiling the entire time, teases the audience with a different kind of smile) How's that for non-commital?

(audience laughs)

Questioner: Okay...thank you.

Download the clip here: http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/...at_samjack.mpg

Oh and this is officially my 1600th post on GW...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Just to prove she's just as hot when she's not smiling....

And congrats on 1600 posts Uber!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to post these pics and clips!

My LJ

Comment

Congratulations on 1600 wonderful posts Uber!
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Yes I have several more clips - but since I have dial-up it is taking a while to transfer them to Über. I have one of AT answering the question about S/J and one of her answering a question about Geek Sam and Replicater and how she played them. So give use time and we will get more out for your enjoyment.
                      Brilliant! I can't wait. Thanks again to the both of you.
                      sigpic

Comment

Okay...here's another ComicCon clip...courtesy of Tsax and yours truly...

Here Amanda is asked about the Sam/Jack relationship for Season 9:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/...at_samjack.mpg

Woohoo!! Her smile and laughter is so infectious.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for the time and effort you've put so far into posting the pictures and sending me the videos to edit and post.

And you don't need to do the transcript for the video asking about Sam and Jack as I've already done it (which I know takes a burden off of your moderately non-shippy heart )...here it is below:

Transcript from ComicCon...Amanda answers question about Sam and Jack

Questioner: And a lot of us loved Threads and Moebius; but we're wondering what's going on with Sam and Jack now.

(audience cheers)

Amanda: We talk on the phone. (audience laughs) You know it's actually uh very cleverly ambiguous...which um...Robert came up with this great way of sort of "Are they together/are they not/what's going on"...and we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being. (audiences awwwws) And then we'll see what happens. (Amanda, who's been smiling the entire time, teases the audience with a different kind of smile) How's that for non-commital?

(audience laughs)

Questioner: Okay...thank you.

Download the clip here: http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/...at_samjack.mpg

Oh and this is officially my 1600th post on GW...

Thank you so much for the video. It was great seeeing AND hearing AT. Wish she hadn't sounded like a Cooper clone, but anything she says is adorable, so thanks again!!!!!!
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                            Thank you so much for the video. It was great seeeing AND hearing AT. Wish she hadn't sounded like a Cooper clone, but anything she says is adorable, so thanks again!!!!!!
                            I agree. Just a quick question...when she looks along the table before she answers, is she looking at RC?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              Hello Jerin and welcome to the thread!! You've done well. You've taken that first step to unlurking and admitting to the world that you are indeed a SAmandaLover!! I'm sure you'll find all your Sam/Amanda discussion needs fulfilled her. So pull up a chair, grab a great big bowl of blue jell-o and join in all the mayhem...um... I mean fun!!!
                              Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcomed, including (Please forgive me if I forget someone. The whole stargate universe has been downloaded into my mind and is overwriting my other memories.) ForeverSg1, sg-1fanintn vbmenu_register("postmenu_4360824", true); , majorsal & Skydiver

I have 2 questions.
                              SPOILER: 1)My damn VCR stopped working and I missed the part about Jack. Where is he and what is he upto? I tried to read all the spoilers to see exactly what Jack's part was, but couldn't find the whole story.
                              2) Can we start a petition to make sure Sam is the commander when she returns? SPOILER
                              Thanks in advance for your help.

I was watching Children of the Gods on Thursday night, and AT looks adorable! I just wanted to pinch her cheecks like a baby! This was my 1st time watching, so I really enjoyed it. My *(*^*(* VCR stopped working again, so I missed part 2. I'm breakng down and just buying the 1st season on DVD.

I could be wrong about this, since there are so few episodes I've seen, but RDA/Jack seemed more in love w/ Sam in the earlier episodes. Now he just looks un-interested. Let me hear your feedback.
                              Last edited by jerin; 18 July 2005, 09:15 AM.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
                              Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                                I agree. Just a quick question...when she looks along the table before she answers, is she looking at RC?
                                She looked down at Brad and Robert, they were talking to each other but you could not hear what they were saying. I checked with my friend who asked the question in the first place (yes I may not be a shipper but I do have shippy friends ) about what was said at the very end of the recording and she said that Brad quipped that they didn’t know about Sam and Jack because “Sam has such a good rapport with Beau”, at which point they all laughed and then Chris and Ben started playing with Beau's ears. They were all having fun up on the panel with each other. I think it is just an extention of what it must be like on the set. I was at many other panels over the course of the 4 days of Comic Con and I can tell you the SG1 crew was having more fun with each other and the audience than any other panel.

The hall was very large, seating for 4,200 people and it was full when the SG1 panel started, in fact a lot of people myself included arrived about 3 hours before the SG panels and sat through another panel so we could have good seats for the SG panel. There was a really bad echo in the hall and the panel was having a hard time hearing questions when asked from the audience.

I know a lot of folks are not crazy about Rob Cooper, but this is not the first time I have seen him on a panel and I can tell you he was smiling a lot more this weekend than I have seen in the past. The more serious looking pictures I have of him were when he was trying to listen to hear questions being asked.

For those that have asked who was sitting were let me give you a run down of the panel from left to right - Michael Davis (TV Guide editor) was standing at a podium and he lead off the questioning, next all seated Brad Wright, Robert Cooper, Ben Browder, Beau Bridges, Christopher Judge, Amanad Tapping and Tony Opticon (SciFi VP). For those interested in the SGA panel Michael Davis, Brad Wright, Robert Cooper, Joe Flanigan, Rachel Luttrell, Paul McGillion, David Hewlett, and Jason Momoa.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X