Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    Sally, what are you still doing up? Aren't you a North American working woman? My excuse: I'm off from work Friday. What's yours?
    my excuse? i got caught in the 'browder's character should outrank carter' thread. which then led me to another thread which was so controversial that it had to be closed down. so i was busy tonight.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      Nightly update from Comic Con - several of you have asked to see pictures of the Card that they are handing out at the Sony booth so here is a pretty poor quality one for now - I will get a better picture posted after I'm home with a scanner. But until here are a couple of thumb nails of the front of the Sg1 and Atlantis card - the back is the same on both cards.

I was at the SciFi booth again today (each day they have a different promo) - I did ask about the change in the intro for this season and the person I talked to said I should come back tomorrow and talk to the suits which will be at the booth for a while on Fri & again on Sat.

Battlestar panel is Friday and Stargate panel is on Saturday - I will report in on the Stargate panel when I get home either late Sat or Early Sun
      wow thank you for the update ....sorry had to take off the pic but it was going crazy for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        my excuse? i got caught in the 'browder's character should outrank carter' thread. which then led me to another thread which was so controversial that it had to be closed down. so i was busy tonight.

sally
        I went to that "browder's character...." thread the other day when dancer of spaz was there.....but we later agreed we were doing battle with some poor soul who really had no ammunition!
        Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 14 July 2005, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally
          I had a look there too but decided not to post cause it wasn't worth the time of day

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Ooh, Royal Cyclist ... you're in big trouble now ... wait until the RA returns home from Wales!

In the meantime, though, I noticed quite a resemblance to someone on the SG1 team ...

Like I said before CG, while the cat's away...

The RA should just be thankful I didn't go the whole hog (sorry, *whole hound*) and come up with GEEK!Hugo as well.

But thanks for what I will take (only too gratefully) as a compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy

I'd also posit that BSG, as creatively reimagined as the show is, is doomed to suffer the same fate as Farscape. I admit to not having watched very much of it at all (how many shows do you think I have time to obsess over?), but from what I've seen, the writers seem to have little sense of structure or any idea, no matter how vague, of where they're trying to take their story. Right now, BSG seems to be alot like Lost. .
              oddly enough, some friends and i were talking last night and it was about just this. the odds of lost and bsg being able to keep it up. in many ways, both of these shows are like gilligans island or voyager....once they're home, it's over. Yet, while lost is stuck on an island and bsg is lost, there are only so many things they can do. how many 'near misses' will the audience tolerate? how many moments can they conceivalby pull off before the audience cries 'enough already' and gets bored wtih it????

both of these shows are on shaky ground and have stellar first yaers to live up to.

gilligan's island never really tried for a long run, but voyager is a prime example of the mistakes these sorts of shows can make.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've been reading some of the multitude of reviews that have been posted today over in the news section, and most of them are cringe-worthy. The reviews are mixed, of course, but there's one that sounded like it was written by someone who's actually seen SG-1 more than once, unlike most of others. She liked the show, and gave a hint about what Sam is up to.
                Spoiler:
                She's director of R&D(research and development).

The link to the review is http://scifi.about.com/od/eprevsprevs/a/avalonrev.htm
                and the link to the forum discussion of the review is http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=14066

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                  I've been reading some of the multitude of reviews that have been posted today over in the news section, and most of them are cringe-worthy. The reviews are mixed, of course, but there's one that sounded like it was written by someone who's actually seen SG-1 more than once, unlike most of others. She liked the show, and gave a hint about what Sam is up to.
                  Spoiler:

and the link to the forum discussion of the review is http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=14066

NC
                  Now that sounds more like it!

My LJ

Comment

Spoiler:

NC
                    Thanks for the links NC. It's nice to finally read something positive. Why couldn't they just tell us that instead of doing everything to make us go hysteric on them.
                    sigpic
                    There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                    If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                    If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                    If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally Posted by ForeverSg1
                      I just finished reading a very dark Sam fic that I'd really recommend to anyone who enjoys seeing a very different side of Sam. It's called Cauterized People by ALC Punk. A bit of warning though: It's a very dark, sexual, S/J shippy (though not in a sweet or loveable kind of way) fic. It also contains issues regarding rape, abortion and torture, as well as shows a tough, in your face Sam we don't normally get to see. Believe me, you'll have to read it to understand what I'm talking about.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2247988/2/
                      I'm up late because I'm taking Friday off from work, so I indulged myself and read Cauterized People right off the computer. It was an excellent story, although hard to read at first because of the issues ForeverSg1 warned us about above. But it was a very good read, and got less traumatizing as it went along. Very Sam and Jack. I don't think anyone would be disappointed.
                      Well, I didn't like it so much. And it's not because it's so dark. It's nice to see Sam in charged, but when did you see Jack not commenting, not trying to lead, questionning, protesting. That's not Jack. And it was a little expenditive too. The idea was goog though.

Here are some stories I liked. They're on GW. Legendary. Mostly a Jack story, but we see a strong Sam doing what she has to do to save the planet. A little ship. Very long though. Pin-up girl and Pin-up boy (sequel to Pin-up girl) made me smile. Ship, but everyone should like it. These two are very light.

Question : what does "whumping" means ? and "Thunk"
                      sigpic
                      There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                      If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                      If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                      If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

what does "whumping" means ? and "Thunk"

whumping is to beat up on the characters. I'm whumping Sam when i have her hit by a staff blast or knocked unconscious

thunk is what you do when you see a hot as heck picture of someone. your jaw goes THUNK and, if you're really unlucky, you might drool a little
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

NC

It is good to know exactly what Sam is up to, and this makes sense.

I've read a number of the reviews--yes a mixed bag. The one thing that worries me is that some of the reviews describe the premiere as campy, wacky, Xena-like, goofy. If indeed season 9 is going back to Stargate's roots of Seasons 1-3, I never viewed Stargate this way. Sure, it definitely is light-hearted at times which I like, but I never thought of it as campy, wacky and goofy. I'm afraid this sense of humor is not my cup of tea. I have to remind myself that the reviews are only focusing on Avalon part 1 and 2.

Comment

I like this fic by Little Red--it describes Sam character in an in-depth and lighthearted way. And yes, it's ship, but not horrid fluff-angst. It's not even sweet. It's light. And real.

Painting It Blue by Little Red

---EDIT-----
                            Traditions and Home Economics also by Little Red, are mostly Jack-centric, but still have some nice Sam-related character parts. Little tidbits of personality.
                            Last edited by zats; 15 July 2005, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Hmmm as long as doesn't villafy Pete just so Sam and Jack can get togethor. That turns me off a story quicker than anything...
                              Heh heh... Oops.

... Eh. Never mind.

Comment

I went to that "browder's character...." thread the other day when dancer of spaz was there.....but we later agreed we were doing battle with some poor soul who really had no ammunition!
                                Moi?!

Comment

Working...
                                X