Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    various snippits from joe's thread. he's been a busy boy today, 40 odd answers

(edit)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by binkpmmc
    Joe - was Carter in charge/the leader of SG1 in Season 8? Thanks.

(joe)
    As the ranking military officer on the team - yes, she was.
    why do i have a feeling that this is not only a clue to where sam is going to be on the command ladder, but how the writers thought of sam's command during the entire 8th season?

i remember one of the writers saying that sg1 would never go out alone without another team (huge paraphrasing here). i also remember one of them saying that sam never got to 'really' command anyone around, since it was only teal'c and daniel and they weren't military. i'm sorry, but t and d not being military doesn't mean she's still not in command.

i can understand the ptb of all the powerhouses (bridge, scifi, mgm) wanting to keep things secret so our curiousities would draw us in, but i'm very disappointed when i see a thread like 'browders character should outrank carter' continue to thrive, and in such negativity. if someone from one of those powerhouses would come over here and just give us an answer, all that cut-throat behavior would end. some side would be disappointed, but we'd get over it and go on. and on to concentrating on the SHOW, instead of this one color in the crayon box. but i guess they see it as there's no such thing as bad publicity.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      NAY.

and i'm glad this subject was brought up, because i need some help. since i'm not going to watch until sam/amanda returns, but i don't want to be lost when she does, i'm wondering if anyone would mind writing up a summary of what happens in those eps so i could jump right in on AUGUST 19TH, when SAM/AMANDA RETURNS?

sally
      Well, sure, Sally.....what else will we talk about once the season starts? You can live vicariously (or just keep up) through those of us who are watching.

Comment

Originally posted by mäjörsäl
        nöte tö Über... i cän't get thät döt thingie äböve the ü in yöür näme. i tried. my cömpüter mäde weird nöises änd rölled it's eyes.

sälly
        When all else fails....

That's why God created COPY and PASTE....

ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ

Wow...I really am a pain in the mikta, aren't I?

But maybe only a little pain in the mikta. Which reminds me, here's the lower case u with the umlaut...

Mac: 159 Alt: 129

üüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüü

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          This just in! Healthy-living interview with Amanda ... the woman does it all!! Now she's into painting besides guitar playing ... and so happy and balanced it seems.

http://www.terrawellington.com/Column2005/062205.htm

THANK YOU! i love personal interviews like this, especially went it's about my fave non-mom person!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

why do i have a feeling that this is not only a clue to where sam is going to be on the command ladder, but how the writers thought of sam's command during the entire 8th season?

i remember one of the writers saying that sg1 would never go out alone without another team (huge paraphrasing here). i also remember one of them saying that sam never got to 'really' command anyone around, since it was only teal'c and daniel and they weren't military. i'm sorry, but t and d not being military doesn't mean she's still not in command.

i can understand the ptb of all the powerhouses (bridge, scifi, mgm) wanting to keep things secret so our curiousities would draw us in, but i'm very disappointed when i see a thread like 'browders character should outrank carter' continue to thrive, and in such negativity. if someone from one of those powerhouses would come over here and just give us an answer, all that cut-throat behavior would end. some side would be disappointed, but we'd get over it and go on. and on to concentrating on the SHOW, instead of this one color in the crayon box. but i guess they see it as there's no such thing as bad publicity.

sally
            Oy. Yet another aspect that I have since overlooked

*thumps head*

This kinda ties into what chocdoc stated so eloquently above. It's disturbing. You know, I remember AT even saying stuff like that in the beginning of season eight. I understood what she was saying back then, but it is an interesting out. Perhaps she knew that TPTB wanted it to be that way through S8, and was willing to go along with it?

My problem is... I love RDA. I love Jack. I love RDA playing Jack. And I sorely miss his presence in the show. But duty calls. In fact, duty has been calling RDA for five years now. And, as I believe Sky pointed out, RDA stuck with it and let the show launch on SciFi three years ago, which was so great of him to do. Anyway, my problem is that they continued to make Jack/RDA a focal point of the series this season, even though it was clearly such a hassle to organize the schedules. I'm glad they went to so much trouble, because we fans were definitely wigging out at the prospect of not seeing him as much during S8.

Still, is it possible that all of that reworking was at the expense of seeing a good Carter-in-charge episode (i.e. "Icon" and "It's Good To Be King"), when they could have handled Jack's presence differently? Unfortunately, I wouldn't completely rule it out.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              Good to see you, Royal Page. I was just wondering about deepspace too.

You can't mention your story and then not give us a link. For shame!
              oops *looks sheepish* ...umm, it's at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2172002/1/
              Royal Page of Samanda
              "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Did anyone read this article? I think everyone got wrapped up with the leadership debate and S9 yays and nays and it got lost a few pages back ... so I'm rolling it out again. Nice little interview on Amanda's current lifestyle and how she's making it all work.
                Great article! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  By special request of ChopinGal, here are the links to the flags.
                  As Strix is away for a few days, I thought I'd put a link to her flags too.
                  Strix, I hope you don't mind !

Flags by Strix Varia :
                  Flag 1
                  Flag 2
                  Flag 3

Flags by Lys :
                  Flag 1
                  Flag 2
                  Flag 3
                  Flag 4
                  Flag 5
                  Flag 6

And don't forget that Samfan31 made some wonderful plaques for Samanda too.
                  I vote for Lys's flag 6...it was a tough choice though!
                  Royal Page of Samanda
                  "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

This just in! Healthy-living interview with Amanda ... the woman does it all!! Now she's into painting besides guitar playing ... and so happy and balanced it seems.

http://www.terrawellington.com/Column2005/062205.htm
                    I just read it.....and it's a great article (except it calls her character a lieutenant, instead of lieutenant colonel)! I also found out that Amanda paints! I do too.....well, I used to a lot, but now I'm so busy that I don't have as much time. But I enjoyed it, and would recommend it to all Samandans

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      I'd say stepping through the gate would be one of the best things a scientist could do though. Sam's an Astrophysist - how many of them would kill to get the chance to actually get up close and personal with the very things they study from telescopes back on Earth?
                      I think Sam would have a very hard time going back to telescopes and radar dishes after being able to actually get out there and feel the dirt in her hands
                      Perhaps but stepping through the gate as an explorer and stepping through the gate as a scientist in a scientific manner are totally different. I'm sure at times Sam wishes she had more time to spend on the actual science process. With SG-1, she acquires all the new alien technology and then in most cases she must pass it on to other scientist to actually study it. I'm not saying she doesn't enjoy her job, but I could see her eventually getting to a point where she no longer wants to continue exploring, however I couldn't see her do the same with science as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Oy. Yet another aspect that I have since overlooked

*thumps head*

This kinda ties into what chocdoc stated so eloquently above. It's disturbing. You know, I remember AT even saying stuff like that in the beginning of season eight. I understood what she was saying back then, but it is an interesting out. Perhaps she knew that TPTB wanted it to be that way through S8, and was willing to go along with it?

My problem is... I love RDA. I love Jack. I love RDA playing Jack. And I sorely miss his presence in the show. But duty calls. In fact, duty has been calling RDA for five years now. And, as I believe Sky pointed out, RDA stuck with it and let the show launch on SciFi three years ago, which was so great of him to do. Anyway, my problem is that they continued to make Jack/RDA a focal point of the series this season, even though it was clearly such a hassle to organize the schedules. I'm glad they went to so much trouble, because we fans were definitely wigging out at the prospect of not seeing him as much during S8.

Still, is it possible that all of that reworking was at the expense of seeing a good Carter-in-charge episode (i.e. "Icon" and "It's Good To Be King"), when they could have handled Jack's presence differently? Unfortunately, I wouldn't completely rule it out.
                        I was hoping Season 8 would be a Carter in command season... and then I was hoping it would be Carter in command in Season 9...

Comment

note to uber... i can't get that dot thingie above the u in your name. i tried. my computer made weird noises and rolled it's eyes.

sally

Okay... I have to say that I laughed so hard when I read your post! Probably because I tried to do the same thing for another word... sorry Uber it wasn't your name . I didn't have any luck as well. Anyone know how to put the mark above resume in wordperfect?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                            oops *looks sheepish* ...umm, it's at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2172002/1/
                            Hello! I just read it and enjoyed it! Write us some more!

Comment

Did anyone read this article? I think everyone got wrapped up with the leadership debate and S9 yays and nays and it got lost a few pages back ... so I'm rolling it out again. Nice little interview on Amanda's current lifestyle and how she's making it all work.

Thanks for the link to the Amanda article. An amazing lady get more amazing all the time!

I *love* the pic you added to your Mark Russell sig. Where is it from?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                Return of the Geek!Sam perhaps?
                                One can only dream, AD. One can only dream. Only this time, I would want to see Geek!Daniel, Geek!Sam and Geek!Cameron (I keep having these lovely visions of him with nerdy glasses on a la Daniel... *sigh*)...

Oh man, oh man... Then I will have surely died and gone to Stargate heaven.

Comment

Working...
                                X