Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Hey guys, I was just curious:

How many of you aren't going to watch the show until Beach Head? I kinda wanted to take a poll of some kind, so...

If you will definitely watch all eps leading up to Beach Head, please say, "Yay."

If you will not be watching any eps leading up to Beach Head, please say, "Nay."

And if it's all up in the air for you, please say, "Meh."

Thanks for indulging my bout of curiosity!

Just so you know, I'm a "Yay."
    Meh!
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Put me in the Yay column. I figure I've got to watch the non-Sam episodes to find out what she's stepping into. (and you can interpret that any way you want ) I'm interested in seeing how Teal'c reacts to Vala, and how the new general reacts to Daniel and Teal'c, and vice versa. It sounds like these episodes will lay the foundation for a lot of episodes to come (I hope), and I don't want to be out of the loop when Sam comes back.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
        Put me in the Yay column. I figure I've got to watch the non-Sam episodes to find out what she's stepping into. (and you can interpret that any way you want ) I'm interested in seeing how Teal'c reacts to Vala, and how the new general reacts to Daniel and Teal'c, and vice versa. It sounds like these episodes will lay the foundation for a lot of episodes to come (I hope), and I don't want to be out of the loop when Sam comes back.

NC
        Sounds like a good plan... add another to the Yay column.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          Hey guys, I was just curious:

How many of you aren't going to watch the show until Beach Head? I kinda wanted to take a poll of some kind, so...

If you will definitely watch all eps leading up to Beach Head, please say, "Yay."

If you will not be watching any eps leading up to Beach Head, please say, "Nay."

And if it's all up in the air for you, please say, "Meh."

Thanks for indulging my bout of curiosity!

Just so you know, I'm a "Yay."
          I can honestly say "Meh." None of the new characters or storylines interest me that much. I'll scan spoilers after they air and see if any sound good to watch (tivo'd), but I doubt it. Never know, though. : Shrug :

Yay for August 19th!
          Alice in Chains, Metallica, Jerry Cantrell.
          Pure metal.
          Go Red Sox and Patriots!
          My favorite CD ATM: Master of Puppets, by Metallica.

Comment

Put me in the Yay column.

I figure I've got to watch the non-Sam episodes to find out what she's stepping into. (And you can interpret that any way you want!)

NC
            And I just did!

Comment

Like NC and Kat, I'll be in the "yay" column and, even though I may wince from time to time, I do want to see what all the hype is about and if the new plots will build into a productive arc for the show and, especially, for Sam Carter.

I think I'll keep the Royal Liquor Cabinet open on Friday nights.

Comment

NC
                I'm also in the YAY column...I have to see what's going on.

And no matter how much I whine and complain about no RDA and NO AT for the first 5, I am hopelessly addicted to the series (for now)...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Count me in the Yay column also. I'll watch all episodes. Stargate and Sam are like a sundae. Sundaes are good, but add cherry on top, and it's delicious

Actually, I have to know what's going on if I want to understand how Sam's gonna deal with all that new stuff and people.

As for JM's comment, I think they'll have it explained very well. But it's a surprise, and they won't spoil us the fun. They want a smooth transition between the old and the new. This is why Landry is a friend of Jack, and that SG-1 already know Mitchell. If they start making the 2 main caracter's arguing over who's gonna be the boss, it's gonna be a very boring show. I don't want that.
                  sigpic
                  There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                  If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                  If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                  If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Wow, what a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours - catching up on the SaGC thread!

So many things to comment on...

Thanks to everyone who posted links to transcripts, sound bites, and pictures from the Sci-Fi special! Unfortunately, I was working and missed it, but thanks to all of you, I feel like I got to see and hear the best of it, anyway. Thanks, also, to everyone else who has posted links to other threads (the Nathan the contest winner thread set me to daydreaming for a while...), other interviews, and scans of interviews. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you sharing your sources. It's nice to know I don't have to worry about missing something about Amanda or Sam when I don't have time to search stuff out myself.

Thank you, Astro, for the incredible amount of time, work, and money you put in to complete the SaGC Collection. I think it will absolutely floor Amanda. Personally, I feel kind of tickled to be even remotely associated with the group that put this together, but I know it wouldn't have happened without your driving force. As someone else pointed out, there just isn't enough blue or green jello in the world...

Dancer of Spaz, what an eloquent defense of Sam's leadership abilities!!!! I think we should adopt you into the security force. Obviously, you are doing a spectacular job of defending Sam's six.

I think there are at least 4 Samanda scribes with stories nominated on the Stargate Fanfiction Awards this year besides myself: Astro, Sky, ChopinGal, and Charlie. Have I left anyone off?

Where is deepspace? Deepspace? Oh, deepspace? You are missed!

Atteria, how politically correct of you to vote for two flags. So, to break the tie, I will vote for Lys's #5.

As for Joe's yet-again unhelpful reply about who will be leading SG-1 when Sam gets back... The first thing that came to my mind was that it wouldn't be an issue if Sam was no longer in the military. But all of Amanda's comments about returning to soldier mode make me think that this isn't the case. I assume that he means that they write it in such a way that there will be no controversy (at least militarily) as to who it is. I'm glad there won't be conflict, although I will be disappointed if it isn't Sam.

I had a wonderful Stargate experience at my conference this weekend. As I was setting up my committee room prior to the meeting, I introduced myself to my committee chair, a 7-foot giant by the name of Jerome. I tried for a little small talk, but this is not something I'm very skilled at (perhaps the understatement of the century), and obviously neither was Jerome because he seemed to be even more monosyllabic than me. So, I was thinking, oh my god this is going to be a long week while I hooked up my computer to the projector and booted it up. As my wallpaper flashed on the screen, Jerome set down his papers.

"Great shot of Amanda," he said.

I thought, did he just say what I think he said? I looked up (and up and up) at him. "Yeah, isn't it?"

"Love Stargate," he said.

I fought the urge to pump my fist in the air and shout, "YES!!!!!" Instead, I grinned and said, "Me too." And we proceeded to bond over AT, Sam, and Stargate... it was great, and it made for a much more pleasant meeting.

Hugs to you all,
                    Strix

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      <snip>

I had a wonderful Stargate experience at my conference this weekend. As I was setting up my committee room prior to the meeting, I introduced myself to my committee chair, a 7-foot giant by the name of Jerome. I tried for a little small talk, but this is not something I'm very skilled at (perhaps the understatement of the century), and obviously neither was Jerome because he seemed to be even more monosyllabic than me. So, I was thinking, oh my god this is going to be a long week while I hooked up my computer to the projector and booted it up. As my wallpaper flashed on the screen, Jerome set down his papers.

"Great shot of Amanda," he said.

I thought, did he just say what I think he said? I looked up (and up and up) at him. "Yeah, isn't it?"

"Love Stargate," he said.

I fought the urge to pump my fist in the air and shout, "YES!!!!!" Instead, I grinned and said, "Me too." And we proceeded to bond over AT, Sam, and Stargate... it was great, and it made for a much more pleasant meeting.

Hugs to you all,
                      Strix
                      What a great story, Strix! Thanks for sharing it with us. Finding like-minded people in unexpected places is one of the little joys in life, isn't it?

NC

Comment

Following Strix comment about Spaz's defense of Sam, I thought of something. Do we have a Royal Public Relations Officer ? I would nominate The Dancer of Spaz for that role.
                        sigpic
                        If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                        If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                        If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          Was just taking a break from the Royal kitchen, when I saw this pic and lost it. Thanks to ChopinGal, there will be one less entree in the Bastille Day feast .
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 05 May 2009, 06:48 AM.

Comment

I know that I'm gonna make some of you scream. But I don't think that Sam will be the leader of SG-1. What would the newcomer be ? She's the brain, and the leader. Not much space for the new guy. But if she's the brain, and he's the boss !!!

And I think that's precisely why they made mitchell a Lt Colonel. Being on the same foot as Sam, they can call each other by their first name, and be equals and friends, without having to call him 'Sir' every seconds.

They better have a VERY GOOD AND CREDIBLE explanation for not giving her command though
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
                              I know that I'm gonna make some of you scream. But I don't think that Sam will be the leader of SG-1. What would the newcomer be ? She's the brain, and the leader. Not much space for the new guy. But if she's the brain, and he's the boss !!!

And I think that's precisely why they made mitchell a Lt Colonel. Being on the same foot as Sam, they can call each other by their first name, and be equals and friends, without having to call him 'Sir' every seconds.

They better have a VERY GOOD AND CREDIBLE explanation for not giving her command though
                              Yeah, I was really optimistic for a while, but I'm starting to think you may be right. I can probably swallow it as long as the writers do a good job of selling it. If they do go with Mitchell in charge, though, I wish they'd have made him of higher rank to avoid the debate. I'd take the "sir's" from Sam over this controversy and what could (currently) be perceived as a demotion (losing command of SG-1) to someone of equal rank.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
                                Following Strix comment about Spaz's defense of Sam, I thought of something. Do we have a Royal Public Relations Officer ? I would nominate The Dancer of Spaz for that role.
                                Thanks Historian! I'd do whatever's needed, because I've been trying to remember what my current title is, and I think I'm REALLY slacking on the job in that department...

Yep. If they really wanted it to be "no contest," they could have put him in a Full Colonel position, but they knew that'd wig many of us out. If they wanted him to be in a position where it was OBVIOUS that Sam would be CO once more, they would have put him in a Major position.

But let's face it: Ben Browder is not Major material. I can't imagine him as anything else but an LC, and I like the idea of him being an LC. I just wish there weren't so many sociological implications involved.

They knew that, in order to sell him as the leader of the pack for S9, they'd have to put him at LC level. But they also knew that it would have to be subtle, so they didn't make him obviously outrank Sam. They also created this great storyline (that was then aided by AT's RL schedule) to back up Mitchell, so that WHEN Sam came back from her Mystery Mission, we wouldn't really have a problem with the new guy.

Anyway, I guess I'm beating this issue to death. You're probably right, Historian. He'll be the leader, even if it's not officially stated at the end of Beach Head. Or better yet, they'll make it REALLY graceful by having the ending scene go something like this:

Mitchell: (In the doorframe of Carter's lab) Nice work out there.

Carter: Thanks. You too, Cameron.

Mitchell: Sam...

Carter: Yeah?

Mitchell: You know, I'd understand if you wanted command of SG-1 back. I mean, it's your team after all -

Carter: Nah. Don't worry about it. It looks like you've done pretty well so far.

Mitchell: Really?

Carter: Yeah... Really. Plus, I think you handled Daniel and Vala's antics better than I would have.

Mitchell: You think so?

Carter: Mmhmm. And I assume you had absolutely nothing to say about Daniel's beard.

Mitchell: I'm assuming you do?

Carter: Ohhh yeah.

Something - *cough* LAME! *cough* - like that.

No, seriously. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how these two interact, and I'm sure TPTB will come up with a nice compromise that will serve both characters well. JM said they get along, so that's good to hear.

Comment

Working...
                                X