Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Okay...I'm going to need some help with this one...Does ANYONE want to venture a guess?

I dunno, Uber. I detected a bit of annoyance in his response.
    *flinches*
    All I can say is, if he's annoyed because we're annoyed, he can take it up with the rest of the crew. I don't blame them for being coy, but they must've realized what kind of insanity it was causing... It shouldn't have been much of a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
      And don't you just hate it when some bozo posts a string of separate replies, instead of putting them all together into one nice, neat compendium?

Cab for Mr 1speed!!!
      Still high on caeruleum liquamen 1speed4Sam ?

Welcome to my club !
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Definitely Yah. I have to at least give each episode a chance. In the end, either I will enjoy them or I don't, but like I always tell my daughter...you can't say you don't like something unless you are willing to at least give it a try. Besides seeing the team without Sam is going to make me miss her all that much more, so I'll be even more excited when she finally does return.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          While scrolling back trying to find the missing fanfic, I came across these pages and realized: we have not yet decided on our Samandan Flag!

Lys and Strix (and anyone interested), please post your flag designs one more time so that the citizens of Samanda can choose the royal flag!!

Good grief ... I'm responding to my own quote ... will I experience temporal cascade failure too?!
          By special request of ChopinGal, here are the links to the flags.
          As Strix is away for a few days, I thought I'd put a link to her flags too.
          Strix, I hope you don't mind !

Flags by Strix Varia :
          Flag 1
          Flag 2
          Flag 3

Flags by Lys :
          Flag 1
          Flag 2
          Flag 3
          Flag 4
          Flag 5
          Flag 6

And don't forget that Samfan31 made some wonderful plaques for Samanda too.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Definitely Yah. I have to at least give each episode a chance. In the end, either I will enjoy them or I don't, but like I always tell my daughter...you can't say you don't like something unless you are willing to at least give it a try. Besides seeing the team without Sam is going to make me miss her all that much more, so I'll be even more excited when she finally does return.
            Very wise words, Mom! I definitely appreciate that sentiment.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Dear Samandans

If you are coming to GABIT in October, please include your GW "handle" as part of your name badge! Actually, I'm hoping we can somehow sneak in "Hic Comitas Regit: Samanda" on our name badges too. Will talk to one of the directors about all this as the event gets closer.

But, for now, I think they will ask you on the registration form for your name badge ... so just thought we should see our real and GW names too. What does everyone think?!

I am still planning to attend - money will be very tight - but seeing Amanda in person seems priceless! I shall find a way and bring back photos and stories for all my missing Samandans, let alone hanging out with the group who does come!

I'm sorry to say that we will be coming back from our holiday on the Saturday so won't be going now
              I look forward to seeing your photos and stories and of course will be sending lots of well wishes to Amanda thought wise.
              ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                Hey guys, I was just curious:

How many of you aren't going to watch the show until Beach Head? I kinda wanted to take a poll of some kind, so...

If you will definitely watch all eps leading up to Beach Head, please say, "Yay."

If you will not be watching any eps leading up to Beach Head, please say, "Nay."

And if it's all up in the air for you, please say, "Meh."

Thanks for indulging my bout of curiosity!

Just so you know, I'm a "Yay."

I will be watching from the start but only because i want to know what tptb have install for us.
                I will not tape or watch any episode a second time untill Sam is back, oh and as i'm in the UK i'm going to have to wait a little longer then you people in the US!

So a YAY for me then.
                ......TARA......

Comment

various snippits from joe's thread. he's been a busy boy today, 40 odd answers

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jree
                  Do the Mitchell and Carter characters get along well or do they hate each other? It would be different (compared to Carter and O'Neill) if they actually hated each other and might have some potential for comedy and/or drama.

There are other "strained relationships" in season 9, but that isn't one of them.
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by binkpmmc
                  [QUOTE=JMallozzi]

Joe - Speaking of cryptic - if I look it up in the dictionary are you mentioned? There have been several items saying Mitchell is in charge - in fairness to the Stargate fans who still hold out hope that Carter will "resume her duties" in her position as leader of SG1 why won't you answer the question about Carter and Mitchell and who will be in charge of SG1 after Carter returns to the team?
                  Thanks.

Its not an issue. If it becomes an issue, then it will certainly be a story point. Until then...
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by majorsal
                  hi, joe,

i know that sam returns in beach head, but can you tell me if she's in the entire ep, or just the last few seconds or something?
                  sally

None of our characters are in an "entire episode". Suffice it to say that in this case, Carter will be in the thick of things and not an after-thought.
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by binkpmmc
                  Joe - was Carter in charge/the leader of SG1 in Season 8? Thanks.

As the ranking military officer on the team - yes, she was.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think all you girls and boys that are going to gabit should start a thread over in fandom and meet up. i know that michelle, who doesnt' play here, is going. maybe you guys can all organize a meet or something?
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

This just in! Healthy-living interview with Amanda ... the woman does it all!! Now she's into painting besides guitar playing ... and so happy and balanced it seems.

http://www.terrawellington.com/Column2005/062205.htm

Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 July 2005, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Hey guys, I was just curious:

How many of you aren't going to watch the show until Beach Head? I kinda wanted to take a poll of some kind, so...

If you will definitely watch all eps leading up to Beach Head, please say, "Yay."

If you will not be watching any eps leading up to Beach Head, please say, "Nay."

And if it's all up in the air for you, please say, "Meh."

Thanks for indulging my bout of curiosity!

Just so you know, I'm a "Yay."
                        Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been around, but RL is being a royal pain in the mikta.

This going to be a quick post, as I have feast to finish (bet you thought I forgot Lys ).

As to the above, my answer is Yay.....I've watched SG-1 since COTG. Old habits die hard and I want to be completely fair, so I'll be watching from the first epi.

Flags.....I like #3 from Strix and #5 from Lys. Great stuff!

ChopinGal, another fantastic poem. You are so talented!

I know I'm missing a ton of others, but hopfully, RL will slow down soon, and I'll be able to relax and spend time here. I miss you all.

Only a few hours until Bastille Day! I better hustle!

Edit: I'm not going to mention names, but some of you have FULL mailboxes! Empty them....

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                          Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been around, but RL is being a royal pain in the mikta.

This going to be a quick post, as I have feast to finish (bet you thought I forgot Lys ).

As to the above, my answer is Yay.....I've watched SG-1 since COTG. Old habits die hard and I want to be completely fair, so I'll be watching from the first epi.

I know I'm missing a ton of others, but hopfully, RL will slow down soon, and I'll be able to relax and spend time here. I miss you all.

Edit: I'm not going to mention names, but some of you have FULL mailboxes! Empty them....
                          Good to hear from you, Royal Baker. We've missed you around here and you're in our thoughts ... is this the week for the cute surgeon?!

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria

Glad to have you back Atteria ! And I promise you great fireworks for Bastille Day !

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                              Still high on caeruleum liquamen 1speed4Sam ?

Welcome to my club !
                              Er, well, the good news is, the hallucinations seem to have stopped.

The bad news is, it feels like the hangover's about to kick in.

Think I'll just go and rest my eyes for a few hours...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Okay...I'm going to need some help with this one...Does ANYONE want to venture a guess?
                                I have no guess to venture just an awfully po'd statement that this is a cop- out if ever there was one and another grand example of why I have lost respect for TPTB (total for some of them, almost total for the rest of them). If it's not an issue answer the damn question and stop with all the cutsey/coy crap - it is not endearing as much as he thinks it is - it is just annoying to the point of turning off some of the fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X