Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist

The SaGC Collection is now bound - and I think it looks very sharp!

Wow AstroG!! That really looks amazing!! Give yourself a pat on the back for me.

I can't express how absolutely giddy I am from seeing Amanda again. She looks incredible!!! And I can't tell you how this huge weight just melted off my shoulders once I saw her smiling and joking around. She had me smiling so much that I have to admit I even started to really enjoy Ben Browder and Claudia Black. Hopefully Vala/Mitchell will be written with at least half the charisma of the actors who portray them. I don't know if I can say 100% that I'm excited about the next five episodes, but I'm totally psyched about seeing Sam return.

Let the games begin!!!
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 11 July 2005, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      What a good idea! Who would like to do that? Skydiver, who should be contacted?

By the way, if you haven't had the chance to check out tsaxlady's photos online from the latest Con, you should. And appearing below (next to the Stargate, holding the zat!) is the lovely lady who takes some of her personal vacation time to post Con photos so we can share in the fun!!! Since she put this photo online, I don't think she'd mind having it posted here. If anyone thinks she would, please tell me, and I'll remove it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...xatthegate.jpg
      LOL - No I don't mind that you posted my picture - Stargate Command was at the con with some props from the show. They had unifroms and a Zat or Ter for you to use on for pictures. That uniform jacket is on over two shirts and let me tell you it was hot. But it was fun taking out the serpent guard.
      I will have information about the con posted starting tomorrow.
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        thank you, nc!

is this worth recording to keep? i was going to record it to watch later (don't want to miss Medium), but... all i care about is sam/amanda. is there enough amanda in this special? is that above the only real amanda stuff?

heck, i think this is on again on friday, right? i'll record it tonight, watch it later, and then if i like it enough to keep, i'll know exactly where amanda's parts are and record it on friday. (i won't have anything else to watch friday )

sally

I was pleasantly surprised with the special. I wasn't expecting AT in it at all (I thought she may be unavailable for the filming of it), but in fact she was in it for a reasonable amount of time. I liked what she said about her character (as NC's description shows), I liked that they recognized her Saturn award, and I liked the McKay thing. She also said something about how having all these new characters gave her less trailer space, or something like that.
        Instead of doing one show at a time, they threaded the shows together in a way that I thought was good. I thought they introduced the new characters on SG-1 and Atlantis really well, and we saw a fair share of all the cast members of each of the three shows. Some funny stuff with Martin Wood, Peter Deluise, etc. Of course, the clips for SG-1 are all the beginning shows, but that makes sense.

They said some really good things about RDA too--I think Ben Browder did, with funny clips of Jack. I thought that was handled well, IMO.

I hope you like it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          LOL - No I don't mind that you posted my picture - Stargate Command was at the con with some props from the show. They had unifroms and a Zat or Ter for you to use on for pictures. That uniform jacket is on over two shirts and let me tell you it was hot. But it was fun taking out the serpent guard.
          I will have information about the con posted starting tomorrow.

Thanks, tsaxlady! That is a great picture!!!

Comment

Here are a couple of screen caps and sound bytes from the special tonight.

Click here to listen

"Wow, thank you so much. I am totally thrilled to have won the Saturn award. Um, all I can say is thank goodness that Buffy is finally off the air. I was getting a bit of a Susan Lucci vibe. But I’m totally thrilled to have won this. And it looks like the Stargate, so it makes it extra cool.

This year will be about her professional career. I think it was important to show this woman struggling with trying to create a life for herself as well as doing the best she can in her career, cause she’s been so career-driven. And I think it was important to show that yes, she does want a life. But I think if we focus too much on that we take away from the strength of the character which is that she’s this incredible scientist and soldier. And that she’s passionate about what she does. And she’s good at what she does.

It’s time to up the body count. She needs to be carrying her gun a bit more. "

BTW, how cool was it when the crew of the International Space Station was on, saying they're fans of SG-1?

NC

Comment

To view a few more pics of the bound collection, click here.
              To view (or download) the PDF version of the SaGC Collection, click here.

Hopefully, I'll get it in the mail tomorrow
              On the inside cover, I will also include a clear CD-ROM sleeve, with a CD-ROM with the PDF version of the Collection, as well as the downloaded thread files that Deepspace sent me (it covers thread pages 1 through 370 or so). The CD-ROM label looks like this (and please bear in mind that I'm a geologist - not a graphic artist )
              Wow astro the SaGC Collection looks great. Tried to rep you but I'm getting an error message every time I try to rep someone currently.
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

To view a few more pics of the bound collection, click here.
                To view (or download) the PDF version of the SaGC Collection, click here.

On the inside cover, I will also include a clear CD-ROM sleeve, with a CD-ROM with the PDF version of the Collection, as well as the downloaded thread files that Deepspace sent me (it covers thread pages 1 through 370 or so). The CD-ROM label looks like this (and please bear in mind that I'm a geologist - not a graphic artist )
                Astrog, this is absolutely beautiful. You did an amazing job. I think Amada will love it!
                In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                Hic Comitas Regit
                Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  maybe i'll go back to it but i got tired of having my choices questioned. my least favorite episodes are when the actors chew the scenery, and unfortunatly daniel gets a lot of those.
                  LOL...and I have to ask... does that mean 'non compos mentis'?

Edited to add: Reading further in the posts, I found that Dancer had already asked my question...
                  Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  What does "chew the scenery" mean, Sky?
                  and that you already answered
                  daniel seems to get a lot of the 'character goes crackers' episodes.
                  Last edited by astrogeologist; 11 July 2005, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                    Thought you all might be interested in seeing the actual gauge on Sam's motorcycle........

ROTFLOL! This is great, Lida!
                    Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                    Here are a couple of screen caps and sound bytes from the special tonight.

Click here to listen

"Wow, thank you so much. I am totally thrilled to have won the Saturn award. Um, all I can say is thank goodness that Buffy is finally off the air. I was getting a bit of a Susan Lucci vibe. But I’m totally thrilled to have won this. And it looks like the Stargate, so it makes it extra cool.

This year will be about her professional career. I think it was important to show this woman struggling with trying to create a life for herself as well as doing the best she can in her career, cause she’s been so career-driven. And I think it was important to show that yes, she does want a life. But I think if we focus too much on that we take away from the strength of the character which is that she’s this incredible scientist and soldier. And that she’s passionate about what she does. And she’s good at what she does.

It’s time to up the body count. She needs to be carrying her gun a bit more. "

BTW, how cool was it when the crew of the International Space Station was on, saying they're fans of SG-1?

NC
                    Thanks for transcribing that NC - and the screencaps and audioclips are wonderful! (I don't get the SciFi channel, so I usually don't get to see the Lowdowns or other Scifi specials).

After AT's wonderful interview in SFX, and now her wonderful statements in the Special...
                    ...wow...AT is just a breath of fresh air!

Thanks to everyone for such wonderful posts and great discussions and comments!
                    A round of the Royal Blue for the house!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                      Wow, Astrog, the book looks fantastic. Thanks again for doing this.

Now, here's the transcript of Amanda's interview on the special tonight. In the first part, she's holding her Saturn award and standing in front of the gate. In the second part, she's talking about Sam this year.

It’s time to up the body count. She needs to be carrying her gun a bit more. (giggling)"

She had some other short bits in the show, as well, including the "race" with David to see who could read the description of a black hole the fastest. David won easily, but I for one, couldn't make out the words for most of it.

NC

Oh wow thankyou for typing out what Amanda said in this special and i'm so pleased to hear (read) that, one soldier Sam coming up!!!
                      ......TARA......

Comment

daniel seems to get a lot of the 'character goes crackers' episodes.
                        Haha! ROFL! I don't know if you realize this, Sky, but you have this uncanny ability to say the funniest things in 15 words or less.

Poor Daniel!
                        *likes Absolute Power and Lifeboat*

Comment

k, i watched the special.

spoilers for s8/s9

what i liked:

AMANDA!

i was afraid she'd not be on it, so i was greatly relieved when a fellow samandan said she was. my mom commented how cute amanda looked too.

i LOVED seeing sam and jack kiss!, but i'll save the squeeing for the s/j thread.

i did NOT like seeing pete's face again. (and in the same sequence where s/j ship graced the screen for me. argh and double argh)

but anyhoo...

got a glimpse of vala... god help us. this is low humor and the dreaded seven-of-nine affliction. i'm glad i'm going to miss most of her time on this show. all i'll have to see her in is beach head.

other than the vala/super sexual innuendo stuff, everyone else seemed pretty good.

it was *so* nice to see amanda!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

(snip)

Wow, that is absolutely magnificent!!!

Respect due to all concerned in the production of such a professional artifact.

Comment

Here are a few more pics of Amanda from Monday night's Sci-Fi Inside show.

Sci-FI Inside

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                                Here are a few more pics of Amanda from Monday night's Sci-Fi Inside show.

Sci-FI Inside
                                Wow, thanks for the pics.

Hotdamm is she looking fine....
                                /me stares at pics

Comment

Working...
                                X