Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc

I also read at another place that a fan asked MS about the credits. He said BB would be first ---and, although not completely clear, it would then be MS and Beau Bridges would get the "and" at the end.
    if bb is first, then ms... i'm sorry, but ms has been on fewer seasons than amanda and chris.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

The SaGC Collection is now bound - and I think it looks very sharp!
      Wow, that looks pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Amanda's time vs. David's time...

"To you David..." Amanda all snarky...

Okay so David said it in a shorter amount of time...but did he comprehend it???? HMMM???

Just further backup that Sam is WAY smarter than McKay.

And that's all I'm gonna say...

And LOL at Amanda with her Susan Lucci complex...

Come on Uber. Have some mercy on those who can't and will never be able to see that Scifi friday or whatever it's called. What are they talking about. More information, please.

But for me, it's going to be tomorrow. Time to hit the rack. It's late here, on the east side of the continent.

Bonne nuit
        sigpic
        There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
        If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
        If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
        If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

To view a few more pics of the bound collection, click here.
          To view (or download) the PDF version of the SaGC Collection, click here.

Hopefully, I'll get it in the mail tomorrow
          On the inside cover, I will also include a clear CD-ROM sleeve, with a CD-ROM with the PDF version of the Collection, as well as the downloaded thread files that Deepspace sent me (it covers thread pages 1 through 370 or so). The CD-ROM label looks like this (and please bear in mind that I'm a geologist - not a graphic artist )
          Great album astro. Congratulation on the good work. You did a really great job
          sigpic
          If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
          If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
          If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Amanda's time vs. David's time...

"To you David..." Amanda all snarky...

Okay so David said it in a shorter amount of time...but did he comprehend it???? HMMM???

Just further backup that Sam is WAY smarter than McKay.

And that's all I'm gonna say...

And LOL at Amanda with her Susan Lucci complex...

.... what the he!! are you talking about?

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

(snip)

[I]On the inside cover, I will also include a clear CD-ROM sleeve, with a CD-ROM with the PDF version of the Collection, as well as the downloaded thread files that Deepspace sent me (it covers thread pages 1 through 370 or so). The CD-ROM label looks like this (and please bear in mind that I'm a geologist - not a graphic artist )
              astro... this is making me want to cry. IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!! you are fantastic!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((astro))))))))))))))))))))))

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                .... what the he!! are you talking about?

sally
                Okay...

Amanda wrote out an explanation of a black hole and read it (to prove yet again that Sam is way smarter than McKay). It took her (according to the onscreen clock) about 27 seconds.

Then she basically said something like "To YOU David" with a delightfully snarky tone of voice...

Now over on the set of SGA, someone passes the note to David...he reads the same material in like 12 seconds....

So he read it faster...does that mean he understands it??? I think not.

About Susan Lucci...

Amanda held up her Saturn Award which she said was really cool because the top kinda looked like a Stargate...she also said that she was happy that Buffy finally went off the air (because Sarah Michelle Gellar was winning the Saturn every year)...and Amanda was beginning to get a Susan Lucci complex (always nominated...never winning)...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Wow, Astrog, the book looks fantastic. Thanks again for doing this.

Now, here's the transcript of Amanda's interview on the special tonight. In the first part, she's holding her Saturn award and standing in front of the gate. In the second part, she's talking about Sam this year.

"Wow, thank you so much. I am totally thrilled to have won the Saturn award. Um, all I can say is thank goodness that Buffy is finally off the air. I was getting a bit of a Susan Lucci vibe. But I’m totally thrilled to have won this. And it looks like the Stargate, so it makes it extra cool.

This year will be about her professional career. I think it was important to show this woman struggling with trying to create a life for herself as well as doing the best she can in her career, cause she’s been so career-driven. And I think it was important to show that yes, she does want a life. But I think if we focus too much on that we take away from the strength of the character which is that she’s this incredible scientist and soldier. And that she’s passionate about what she does. And she’s good at what she does.

It’s time to up the body count. She needs to be carrying her gun a bit more. (giggling)"

She had some other short bits in the show, as well, including the "race" with David to see who could read the description of a black hole the fastest. David won easily, but I for one, couldn't make out the words for most of it.

NC
                  Last edited by NearlyCircular; 11 July 2005, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    i e-mailed darren about the mistake

as to how they write stuff. darren adn david try to strike a balance between differing interpretations of the show. and they try to write things as objectively as possible.

when it comes to a hot topic such as ship, i doubt there's anything they can write that will strike a chord with everyone.
                    OK, it was people of GW who wrote that. I thought it was TPTB. Well, I'm not the one who will be crucifying them. I can't write two sentences and still be coherent, so ...

But I hope they will adjust this little ... mistake ?

Now, it really is time to go to bed.
                    Last edited by Historian; 11 July 2005, 07:32 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular

It’s time to up the body count. She needs to be carrying her gun a bit more. (giggling)"
                      Hooah!

*drools over Soldier!Sam*

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        Okay just a very quick post before I go to bed to let you know I have added pictures from all three days of the Burbank Con here . Report to follow over the next few days.
                        The pics were great! Thanks so much tsaxlady.
                        In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                        so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                        Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                        Hic Comitas Regit
                        Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Now, here's the transcript of Amanda's interview on the special tonight. In the first part, she's holding her Saturn award and standing in front of the gate. In the second part, she's talking about Sam this year.

"Wow, thank you so much. I am totally thrilled to have won the Saturn award. Um, all I can say is thank goodness that Buffy is finally off the air. I was getting a bit of a Susan Lucci vibe. But I’m totally thrilled to have won this. And it looks like the Stargate, so it makes it extra cool.

This year will be about her professional career. I think it was important to show this woman struggling with trying to create a life for herself as well as doing the best she can in her career, cause she’s been so career-driven. And I think it was important to show that yes, she does want a life. But I think if we focus too much on that we take away from the strength of the character which is that she’s this incredible scientist and soldier. And that she’s passionate about what she does. And she’s good at what she does.

She had some other short bits in the show, as well, including the "race" with David to see who could read the description of a black hole the fastest. David won easily, but I for one, couldn't make out the words for most of it.

NC
                          thank you, nc!

is this worth recording to keep? i was going to record it to watch later (don't want to miss Medium), but... all i care about is sam/amanda. is there enough amanda in this special? is that above the only real amanda stuff?

heck, i think this is on again on friday, right? i'll record it tonight, watch it later, and then if i like it enough to keep, i'll know exactly where amanda's parts are and record it on friday. (i won't have anything else to watch friday )

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

On the inside cover, I will also include a clear CD-ROM sleeve, with a CD-ROM with the PDF version of the Collection, as well as the downloaded thread files that Deepspace sent me (it covers thread pages 1 through 370 or so). The CD-ROM label looks like this (and please bear in mind that I'm a geologist - not a graphic artist )
                            WOW!!! It looks *so* cool!! And created by Blue Jello Productions - extra cool! Man, if I saw this in a bookstore I'd buy it, no matter the price. Astro, you did a phenomenal job.

Comment

NC
                              i love amanda's interview!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

This is phenomenal work, AstroG, to say the least! I imagine that AT is going to be very touched by this.

Comment

Working...
                                X