X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    I
    Could you post the link to that thread?
    Here's the link to the Ask nathan thread. He won the "Get in the Gate" contest and among other people met AT. He shares some info here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ghlight=nathan

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
      Who is in charge of The Stargate Primer? Is this Darren and David? Can we ask them to make the information more balanced between Sam and Jack? Either have the info about their feelings in both character info guides, or don't mention it. It just feeds the fire that Sam has feelings for him, but Jack (the guy) ---well who knows.
      What a good idea! Who would like to do that? Skydiver, who should be contacted?

By the way, if you haven't had the chance to check out tsaxlady's photos online from the latest Con, you should. And appearing below (next to the Stargate, holding the zat!) is the lovely lady who takes some of her personal vacation time to post Con photos so we can share in the fun!!! Since she put this photo online, I don't think she'd mind having it posted here. If anyone thinks she would, please tell me, and I'll remove it.

Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 11 July 2005, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        MS does chew the scenery more than the rest of the cast. Think of some of the scenes when Daniel get's really passionate--usually when he's telling Jack they just have to stay to "save these people!"
        daniel seems to get a lot of the 'character goes crackers' episodes.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i e-mailed darren about the mistake

as to how they write stuff. darren adn david try to strike a balance between differing interpretations of the show. and they try to write things as objectively as possible.

when it comes to a hot topic such as ship, i doubt there's anything they can write that will strike a chord with everyone.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            Here's the link to the Ask nathan thread. He won the "Get in the Gate" contest and among other people met AT. He shares some info here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ghlight=nathan

Thanks! I had no idea this one existed. Fun reading!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

as to how they write stuff. darren adn david try to strike a balance between differing interpretations of the show. and they try to write things as objectively as possible.

when it comes to a hot topic such as ship, i doubt there's anything they can write that will strike a chord with everyone.
              Yeah...I don't really foresee them discussing in great detail the angst each character has experienced for each other for the past several years...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

And they do it so well! As someone with a news background, I agree that their writing is almost always very objective. That's why GW is the best Stargate site! But they're still guys. They should get you to proofread!

Thanks, Sky!

Comment

they made that very same mistake on an eps of Profiler once.

there was a prop newpaper, 'rain uncovers grizzly find'

it was a body that wasuncovered by some heavy rain

and it appeared on national tv

either it was a joke or several dozen folks saw the paper and didn't u nderstand that grizzly and grisly are not interchangable

sigpic

Comment

Whee! Let's go watch the special!

Comment

Well that answers the "Will Amanda be in the SciFi Friday special" question...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

whee, yep the queen is in it

sigpic

Comment

*is is sad that he can't watch the special.

Maybe you can spoil me on anything interesting that happens in it?
                          *goes back to listening to Battlestar Galactica Soundtrack

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Yeah i was abit :| at reading that too. Coming from a non-shipper POV, its kinda annoying to read something like that (which has pretty much been played subjectively all the way through the series) written as fact
                            spoken like a true non-shipper.

*pats delutional head... and hands over amanda blow up doll as condolence*

a few random thoughts...

* i agree about the lack of equality in the stargate primer bio thingers.

* sam has had two boyfriends, not *many*. jonas hanson (ex fiance') and pete (ex fiance'). just because a guy takes a liking to sam (or she shows some interest back) doesn't mean they were a boyfriend. oh, i forgot joe paxon, who was her hubby in 2010. that ended up not happening, but his 'interest' in her in 2001 doth not a boyfriend make.

* i want amanda listed first in the credits. a friend of mine took a guess (and he's very smart) and said he thought it would be ben browder first. then amanda. if that happens, i'll be slightly irked. first, i thought amanda should come first (then chris, michael, and THEN ben), and second, i don't like the idea of a new-comer coming into a 9 year show and getting top billing. but if he's being brought in as new male lead, i can understand him taking rda's place. if ben is first (with the rest of the cast staying in the same order), then it's like everyone stayed exactly in the same place, *but with a new-comer taking their chances of promotion*.

* i wasn't bothered by the new info for beach head, because it didn't say sam screwed everything up, only that a weapon that she was working on was going to be used by landry's request. i figured sam's mixed emotions were basically about using the weapon before it was ready. (or, she doesn't want to return to the sgc because she's got another gig going. or personal matters. or a combo of all three). i don't really care what happens to/with vala, because i haven't payed any attention to what's going on with her. i remember some were worried about making sam look like a screw up and then vala being the hero, but i doubt that's the way it's going to go. from the way the write-up is written, *everyone* would look like a screw up compared to vala's heroics.

* i can't remember what ppl were saying about ex deus machina that they didn't like? i'm just glad sam's in the ep. *wake me when sam returns*

* i'm going to miss rda. a lot.

* i hope, no matter how minuscule, s/j ship continues. sam went through a lot in the last two seasons to get to this point. make it matter.

* i like when changes happen to a show (loved season 6), but i feel a bit overwhelmed when so many are happening at once.

* the ptb concern me, because i sometimes think they aren't in touch with their fans.

* the tv guide with amanda rocks! i wrote them telling them as much.

* i can't get excited about stargate's premier because it's missing my fave element (amanda/sam). i AM excited about august 19th when amanda returns!

* i'm looking forward to seeing some screen caps of eps that sam's in.

k, can't think of anymore (right now), so bye-bye.

sally
                            Last edited by majorsal; 11 July 2005, 07:03 PM.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Amanda's time vs. David's time...

"To you David..." Amanda all snarky...

Okay so David said it in a shorter amount of time...but did he comprehend it???? HMMM???

Just further backup that Sam is WAY smarter than McKay.

And that's all I'm gonna say...

And LOL at Amanda with her Susan Lucci complex...

Last edited by Uber; 11 July 2005, 06:54 PM.

Comment

If you can't see the pics below, click here (If you can't see the pics, it's because Photobucket is temporarily down for maintenance... however, I also have the pics loaded on my own website)

The SaGC Collection is now bound - and I think it looks very sharp!

To view a few more pics of the bound collection, click here.
                                To view (or download) the PDF version of the SaGC Collection, click here.

Hopefully, I'll get it in the mail tomorrow
                                On the inside cover, I will also include a clear CD-ROM sleeve, with a CD-ROM with the PDF version of the Collection, as well as the downloaded thread files that Deepspace sent me (it covers thread pages 1 through 370 or so). The CD-ROM label looks like this (and please bear in mind that I'm a geologist - not a graphic artist )
                                Last edited by astrogeologist; 11 July 2005, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X