Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Sam and Vala trying to uncover the mysteries of an Ori device the team has recently acquired.

Add a caption
    1speed (off-screen, slightly annoyed): So that's where the Green Jello I tried to send to Lys went!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by ForeverSg1
      Sam and Vala trying to uncover the mysteries of an Ori device the team has recently acquired.

Add a caption
      1speed (off-screen, slightly annoyed): So that's where the Green Jello I tried to send to Lys went!!!
      Lys (also off-screen and very amused) :I see it's in good hands !
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
        My dear 1speed4Sam, I'got a huge cellar full of this delicious nectar.
        Have some :
        SCHLURP!!!

Ahh, that's better. Thanks Lys.

Better not have too much though - if it's anything like the glasses of Royal Blue Jello astro passes around, it tends to make me a bit, erm, *disorientated* for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
          SCHLURP!!!

Ahh, that's better. Thanks Lys.

Better not have too much though - if it's anything like the glasses of Royal Blue Jello astro passes around, it tends to make me a bit, erm, *disorientated* for a while...
          Yes, that's because Astro always lets them to our Royal Accountant who puts them with the Dom Perignon in the Royal Liquor Cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
            Yes, that's because Astro always lets them to our Royal Accountant who puts them with the Dom Perignon in the Royal Liquor Cabinet.
            Sorry to shatter your illusions, but there's no Dom Perignon in the Royal Liquor Cabinet. It's actually sloe gin. In empty Grolsch bottles.

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
              Sorry to shatter your illusions, but there's no Dom Perignon in the Royal Liquor Cabinet. It's actually sloe gin. In empty Grolsch bottles.
              No, no there is now ! I supervised it myself ! I had to bring one of the french natural treasures with me !

Comment

Wow, a lot of great posts since I checked in a day or so ago. I am also so encouraged by the AT interview. She sounds like she's enjoying her work and how Sam is being dealt with. 14 hour days while being the baby "lunch counter" as someone earlier said (sorry I forgot who). What a trouper! Of course, we knew that.

Regarding the 10 second credits, I have to say for a second I thought: "Well, we'll get another minute of show." Silly me--of course the extra time is for commercials.

I will tape the special tomorrow about "SciFi Friday", but I think I'll wait to watch it til after Friday--I don't want spoilers. What are the rest of you going to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  No, no there is now ! I supervised it myself ! I had to bring one of the french natural treasures with me !
                  Ah, well, in that case... as the Royal Accountant's away for the rest of the week, I suppose I'd better put on my special Samandan Security hat and go and guard it. Be a terrible thing if word got out, and it, erm, *disappeared*.

Comment

oh i'm gonna watch the special. i doubt they have any good spoilers anyway, they rarely do in these things
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      Wow, a lot of great posts since I checked in a day or so ago. I am also so encouraged by the AT interview. She sounds like she's enjoying her work and how Sam is being dealt with. 14 hour days while being the baby "lunch counter" as someone earlier said (sorry I forgot who). What a trouper! Of course, we knew that.

Regarding the 10 second credits, I have to say for a second I thought: "Well, we'll get another minute of show." Silly me--of course the extra time is for commercials.

I will tape the special tomorrow about "SciFi Friday", but I think I'll wait to watch it til after Friday--I don't want spoilers. What are the rest of you going to do?
                      I'm definitely going to watch it. I have it all set up to tape on Tivo as I type. I'm hoping they give us at least a glimpse of Amanda. But seeing as the special is with all three shows, I'm assuming most of the SG-1 time will be devoted to the new guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        I'm definitely going to watch it. I have it all set up to tape on Tivo as I type. I'm hoping they give us at least a glimpse of Amanda. But seeing as the special is with all three shows, I'm assuming most of the SG-1 time will be devoted to the new guys.
                        Yeah that'd be my guess...

...plus it also depends on WHEN the clips for SG-1 were filmed...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

There is some nice stuff about AT in the thread asking questions of Nathan the guy who won last year's "Get in the gate" contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                            Maybe he's just
                            Spoiler:
                            desperate by the situation. And I really wonder what are these mixed feelings Sam has. Are they due to the situation with the Ori or related to the SG1 team ? Any ideas ?
                            Well, her Dad did die there. Then she broke off her engagement to Pete, only to have Jack take a posting in Washington with nary a word of goodbye to her. Any woman would feel like an idiot after that!!

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies
                              Well, her Dad did die there. Then she broke off her engagement to Pete, only to have Jack take a posting in Washington with nary a word of goodbye to her. Any woman would feel like an idiot after that!!
                              But that's personal life. I don't think Sam is the one to mix her job and her private life. Her Dad died on the base, yes, but I didn't recall her not wanting to come back after. She was there and was willing to work on the SGC even after Threads. Pete isn't related in any case to the SGC. Again, that's her private life. And I'd really like to know how you learned about Jack's goodbye or lack of. As far as I know the episode didn't air yet.
                              This put aside, I was asking about feelings in relation to her job, to SG1, not her private life.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                But that's personal life. I don't think Sam is the one to mix her job and her private life. Her Dad died on the base, yes, but I didn't recall her not wanting to come back after. She was there and was willing to work on the SGC even after Threads. Pete isn't related in any case to the SGC. Again, that's her private life. And I'd really like to know how you learned about Jack's goodbye or lack of. As far as I know the episode didn't air yet.
                                This put aside, I was asking about feelings in relation to her job, to SG1, not her private life.
                                Agreed.

I think the wariness comes from the fact that Sam does not believe that
                                Spoiler:
                                the device will work the way Landry believes it will...so she's tentative in her return for that reason...

I don't think they're be the same kind of friction she experienced with General Bauer though...as he was crammed down their throats because of Hammond leaving...but I do think there'll be some tension

So all in all, I think her hesitation stems from missgivings about the project not because of personal issues...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X