Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    I've scanned the interview with Amanda in this months issue of SFX magazine. I hope the link works and you can all read it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Tinterview.jpg
    dipsofjazz,

Thank you so much for this. It made me feel so much better about Sam return.

And ChopinGal, I loved the movies. Thanks for sharing them here.
    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
    Hic Comitas Regit
    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      Sky, please don't apologize, there's no need. Really. I think I'm a tad off today and I'm letting little things get to me. Sam is my favorite too, and as much as I loved Aeryn in Farscape, I don't want Vala to replace Sam. But I guess I don't have much say in it.....and if AT does decide it's time to leave, I too will wish her nothing but the best, but I don't think I'll be able to continue to be a SG-1 fan. Not unless tptb pull a rabbit out their hat, by making the character of Vala into something more they have (to date). As you have said, I'll reserve final judgement until I see the new season.

Have a good evening/afternoon, morning or day everyone.
      i'm not the fan i used to be of this show, and that happened when the screen caps for the ep 'affinity' were released last year. i didn't see a lot of character developement happening for sam with this, especially if she were going to end up with jack at the end. amanda wasn't too fond of this event either, so it made me feel it happening wasn't with sam's best interest at heart. (and certain fans best interests either) suffice it say, since then, i'd been holding on to watching stargate by my fingertips. and i still am. i have the money to buy seasons 5-8, but i haven't. i could go to comic con, but i don't want to (fear of what i'll hear). i could give eps 1-5 a try (without sam), but besides not wanting to watch without sam/amanda, i can't muster enough enthusiasm for it.

i'm a sam/amanda fan, first and foremost now. i'm still a huge shipper, but the only sure thing i'm going to get is to see sam/amanda. so i stay. but no matter how wonderful cameron and/or vala 'might' be, this fan is too punch-drunk to embrace this show anymore. so, if sam/amanda goes, i go to. and it's that easy. and that sad, considering i used to feel total commitment to the stargate creators.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Well in my desire to try to stay positive about the new season and the possible interaction between Sam and Vala, I came up with this little conversation. Granted I've only seen one side of Vala, but this is how I see her at the moment. Let's hope this all changes in the future.

A little girl talk...

Sam: Amazing isnt' it?
        Vala: Incredible.
        Sam: *staring into the crystals*
        Vala: So...you and Daniel?
        Sam: *heavy sigh* I thought we ended this discussion ages ago.
        Vala: You may have; however, I have not.
        Sam: Vala.
        Vala: So you never?
        Sam: *sighing in frustration* Never.
        Vala: Not even once?
        Sam: Nope.
        Vala: What about Teal'c?
        Sam: It's not like that between us. We're all just friends. Very. Good. Friends.
        Vala: Eight years and nothing...but they're both so wickedly delicious.
        What a horrible waste.
        Sam: *rolls her eyes* Believe me, once you've laid next to either of them
        after three days without bathing... you'd get over it.
        Vala: I wouldn't count on it.
        This is so cool! How do you come up with these?
        In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
        so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
        Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
        Hic Comitas Regit
        Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          Is this online for viewing? And is it the beginning of the opening title/credits for Season 9?
          Welcome Samandans to my 1,500th post on Gateworld.

It was discussed in GW News and Joe responded to the concerns he saw posted on the forum...

But basically the new 10-second opening will apply to both Stargate Atlantis and to Stargate SG-1...

The sequencing for the credits has not been nailed down yet...

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ipw-web/b2/

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

congrats on 1500, since i'm locked out of the green jello fridge, it'll have to be this way
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Congrats on 1,500 Uber!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                Awww, Forever! I love doing this kinda stuff! I just can't do photo manips. Blast! Do another one, please!
                Hehe, actually this isn't a photo manip... it's actually a photo I found of CB with some crystals almost identical to the ones they use on stargate... I just couldn't help putting the two of them together when I saw it.

Comment

I've scanned the interview with Amanda in this months issue of SFX magazine. I hope the link works and you can all read it...

the part i liked: (amanda) "i think it's important that we go back to what made sam the great character she was to begin with."

sam, the great character... why does this sound familiar?

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    For many Samandans, there is one important question that has been left unanswered regarding Jack's absence in S9 ... just whatever happened to his relationship with Sam?!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...chelorJack.jpg

This one's for you, Sal!

And, once again, many thanks to my buddy, Geogirl, for providing such funny manips!

(can't rep)

thanks!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      So the last 24 hours have done nothing to ease your delusions.

Pity.

P.S...your avatar's still all hinky...
                      first off, i'm NOT delutional!.... what?

what?

WHAT?!

secondly, i'm seeing my avatar fine. is anyone else seeing it hinky? (edited - fixed it)

sally
                      Last edited by majorsal; 09 July 2005, 08:27 PM.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Hehe, actually this isn't a photo manip... it's actually a photo I found of CB with some crystals almost identical to the ones they use on stargate... I just couldn't help putting the two of them together when I saw it.
                        LOL! I kept staring at CB, trying to figure out how you did such a great blending job!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                          LOL! I kept staring at CB, trying to figure out how you did such a great blending job!
                          LoL, well I'm sorry if I disappointed anyone... but alas it's just a picture of Sam and a picture of Vala butted up against one another with a big black line added down the middle to make it look as if they are working on the same console.

I'll see if I can find something else to play with later if I manage to stay awake.

Glad you all liked it though.

Kat

Comment

LoL, well I'm sorry if I disappointed anyone... but alas it's just a picture of Sam and a picture of Vala butted up against one another with a big black line added down the middle to make it look as if they are working on the same console.

I'll see if I can find something else to play with later if I manage to stay awake.

Glad you all liked it though.

Kat
                            Didn't disappoint me! I thought it was neato anyway!

Go on. Work, work, work! I love this stuff (as you well know), and if I have to enjoy this vicariously through you, I will!

I just don't know about this photo editing, manipulating and signature-ifying. It all goes right over my head.

Hence, the random sigs that only have words.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                              Of course, the writers should listen to no other fanbase but Samanda for how to write Carter!!
                              Originally posted by majorsal
                              sambashers will always bash sam, no matter what she does or doesn't do.

but as for the spoilers - i'm not scared or bothered by them. i'm sure sam will come out fine. heck, i thought she came out fine in gemini!

sally
                              Lovely thoughts! I agree with you both, although spoilers always cause me just a litle angst......til I have a chance to hear from Sally!

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              Hi, fellow Samandans ... have been away a bit, totally despondent after reading the Beachhead spoiler the other day and, starting with Kat, feeling the same concern for Sam's development as many of you have already expressed. My first impression was shock at the plot: Sam screws up and Vala saves the day. I can only hope that much of this hype does not translate in reality the way it can be interpreted right now.

BTW, I think we should all get together and rent a theatre and show these films non-stop for the select viewing public who adore Sam! Enjoy! (snippet)
                              Love those photo manips, Chopingal! Thanks to you and your friend, Geogirl, for making/posting them. And thanks for the great Sam/Vala manip, ForeverSg1! Although the jury's still out on Vala, I loved it!

And last, but not least:

Congratulations, Lys, on 500 posts!
                              Congratulations, Uber, on 1,500 posts!

Comment

Thankyou for scanning Amanda's interview, wow a fourteen hour day with a new born, my hat goes off to her!
                                ......TARA......

Comment

Working...
                                X