Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamFan31
    Hi Florence and welcome! That's fine to post a link in the shipper thread, I don't mind at all.
    Thanks !

That's an impressive thread you have in here. Great discussions ! I just have a quick look from time to time cause there's not enough time and so many threads to look at (some of them being more addictive )
    Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence
      Thanks !

That's an impressive thread you have in here. Great discussions ! I just have a quick look from time to time cause there's not enough time and so many threads to look at (some of them being more addictive )
      Addictive ? Did you say addictive ? As the Royal Pharmacist of Samanda, I recommend a severe diet. As for now, you're not allowed to post on the Major Sheppard Thunk Thread until your birthday.

Don't be afraid ! I'm kidding.
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I've scanned the interview with Amanda in this months issue of SFX magazine. I hope the link works and you can all read it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Tinterview.jpg
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
          Addictive ? Did you say addictive ? As the Royal Pharmacist of Samanda, I recommend a severe diet. As for now, you're not allowed to post on the Major Sheppard Thunk Thread until your birthday.

Don't be afraid ! I'm kidding.
          ARGH ! You're crazy to scare me so much !

Back on topic, I like Sam character. Not so much in the latest season though... I think TPTB could have done better with her character, giving her real leadership of SG1.
          I've seen just a few minutes of Nightwalkers today (had to stop cause family was coming) and my 1st thought when I saw her with Teal'c and Jonas was that she looked more in charge that she has been in S8...
          Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
            I've scanned the interview with Amanda in this months issue of SFX magazine. I hope the link works and you can all read it...

Oh ! This gives me hope !

"Now that we've sort of discovered and dug into, and ripped her open, we can go back to the scientist and the soldier with renewed energy and depth. I think it's important that we go back to what made Sam the great character she was to begin with."

That made my day !
            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Thanks so much for the scan! I especially liked the reference to returning to soldier/scientist/workaholic Sam.

(you beat me to it, Lys!)

NC

Comment

Thanks so much for scanning the SFX article. No problems reading it, you did a super job!

Reading her comments put me at ease – things are going to be ok. It also sounds like she feels about Sam’s character direction much the way we do, or we feel the way she does. I guess she get first dibs, so we feel the way Amanda does.

Thanks again.

Comment

You are all most welcome. I've also scanned the picture they used for the opposite page in the mag....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...AT_SFX_Pic.jpg
                  sigpic

Comment

Well in my desire to try to stay positive about the new season and the possible interaction between Sam and Vala, I came up with this little conversation. Granted I've only seen one side of Vala, but this is how I see her at the moment. Let's hope this all changes in the future.

A little girl talk...

Sam: Amazing isnt' it?
                    Vala: Incredible.
                    Sam: *staring into the crystals*
                    Vala: So...you and Daniel?
                    Sam: *heavy sigh* I thought we ended this discussion ages ago.
                    Vala: You may have; however, I have not.
                    Sam: Vala.
                    Vala: So you never?
                    Sam: *sighing in frustration* Never.
                    Vala: Not even once?
                    Sam: Nope.
                    Vala: What about Teal'c?
                    Sam: It's not like that between us. We're all just friends. Very. Good. Friends.
                    Vala: Eight years and nothing...but they're both so wickedly delicious.
                    What a horrible waste.
                    Sam: *rolls her eyes* Believe me, once you've laid next to either of them
                    after three days without bathing... you'd get over it.
                    Vala: I wouldn't count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      Well in my desire to try to stay positive about the new season and the possible interaction between Sam and Vala, I came up with this little conversation. Granted I've only seen one side of Vala, but this is how I see her at the moment. Let's hope this all changes in the future.

A little girl talk...

Sam: It's not like that between us. We're all just friends. Very. Good. Friends.
                      What a horrible waste.
                      Didn't think it would happen tonight, but YOU got me to laugh. That was dead on!
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

A little girl talk...

What a horrible waste.
                        Love it, love it, love it!!

Comment

This lifted my spirits! And I love that she was called "the First Lady of Stargate" and that she, MS, and CJ found themselves all chummy and connected while shooting a scene with just the three of them!

Thanks, dips!

Comment

... That's an impressive thread you have in here. Great discussions ! I just have a quick look from time to time cause there's not enough time and so many threads to look at (some of them being more addictive )
                            Ah, but, Florence ... hic comitas regit! Welcome to Samanda and stop back more often.

For a rundown of "all things Samanda", check out the top post on Page 442.

Jester

Comment

... Back on topic, I like Sam character. Not so much in the latest season though... I think TPTB could have done better with her character, giving her real leadership of SG1.

I've seen just a few minutes of Nightwalkers today (had to stop cause family was coming) and my 1st thought when I saw her with Teal'c and Jonas was that she looked more in charge that she has been in S8...
                              That's a valid opinion here in Samanda as many of our most spirited discussions centered around Sam as past, present and future leader! You're not alone in your thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc

I actually have never read that AT herself said she wanted to be recurring versus a regular. She did say should would have to cut her hours a bit, but I don't think she ever said she wanted to be recurring. And I have never read anything from any official source saying this or any producer.
                                Yep, and in the SFX article that dips has just posted, Amanda seems to take pride in mentioning that she is juggling her (back-to) 14-hour days and nursing and finding the right balance ... so it could be that everything will work out fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X