• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normal 1-5 - and part of 6.

Whhhyyyy?!?!?!
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

obviosly normal carter is so much better... and better looking.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        I've been thinking about one of JM's comments regarding Mitchell and Sam.

The one regarding Mitchell calling Sam.... Shasta.

I've been curious if he wasn't in fact being honest and that perhaps Sam and Mitchell know each from way before the SGC, perhaps Shasta is/was Sam's call sign.

So here's a new game. For what reasons do you think Sam might have been given this call sign??

Perhaps during her pilot years, she had an particular liking to diet Shasta cola.
        gawd, that's exactly what popped into my head too!

i never considered that being her call sign, though. to be honest, i don't know if sam ever flew in a plane during the gulf war. i heard that she had something to do with the ? theatre, and i didn't understand what it meant.

i also think joe was being silly, and that the nickname shasta is not real. but, with sir jokesterjoe, who knows.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

mmmm Geek!Sam

Comment

omg! http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/photos_s9cast.shtml
            More Promo Pics

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
              I did a Google search with Shasta and found that there was a Radio Astronomy Laboratory in Shasta County. Do you think Sam spent some time there ?

hey, good one!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

i never considered that being her call sign, though. to be honest, i don't know if sam ever flew in a plane during the gulf war. i heard that she had something to do with the ? theatre, and i didn't understand what it meant.
                A theatre in military terms basically means a large geographic area where military operations take place. Ie, the Gulf War would have been fought in the Middle Eastern Theatre

As for Sam flying during the Gulf, thats a tricky one. AFAIK, women weren't allowed in combat pilot roles back then so I wouldn't have thought she'd have flown in a fighter. But going by her introduction scene in COTG
                (Kawalsky: You ever pulled out of a simluated bombing run in an F-16 at 8+ G's
                Sam: Yes)
                I'd like to think that she was a fighter jockey

Comment

i dont' think she was a fighter pilot
                  chances are i think she flew in awacs plane, aerial radar. that would get her time in enemy air space.

as to the f-18 remark. hey, all she needed was a boyfriend/friend/buddy who was a fighter pilot to take her up for a joyride.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    i dont' think she was a fighter pilot
                    chances are i think she flew in awacs plane, aerial radar. that would get her time in enemy air space.

as to the f-18 remark. hey, all she needed was a boyfriend/friend/buddy who was a fighter pilot to take her up for a joyride.
                    Not when the F-16 is a single seat aircraft

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Not when the F-16 is a single seat aircraft
                      aah, well she could have either done it in a simulator, or she can fly jets, just not in combat

my one issue with that is that sam never wears pilots' wings. and it's a rare pilot who, once they earn them, doesnt' wear them

sigpic

Comment

and who's gonna have post 11000????

sigpic

Comment

aah, well she could have either done it in a simulator, or she can fly jets, just not in combat

my one issue with that is that sam never wears pilots' wings. and it's a rare pilot who, once they earn them, doesnt' wear them
                          Jack doesn't wear wings either, and isn't it accepted that he's a pilot?
                          I also notice that they have Landry with wings.
                          Spoiler:
                          Yet he's meant to have been former intelligence analyst or something. I suppose he could have flown before he got transfered though

Comment

TV Guide made me do it. I really liked the pic of Amanda on the cover and thought it would look great on the Plaque. So, I did it. Then, I tinkered here and tinkered there and now we have version 2. We’ve picked up an additional patch and the jell-o has a slightly different background. The mounting of the text has changed too. Boy, I sure hope I haven’t overworked this thing!

Lys, I couldn’t get the SG-1 guys beside the gate so they didn’t look a bit odd. Everything was reduced in size to the point that even with my glasses I had problems seeing everything! And I’m afraid I couldn’t bring myself to add a crown for the Queen. Sorry. Perhaps someone else can do a true coat of arms.

Anyway, here’s version 2….

Samanda Plaque version 2

On a more serious note….I’m so thankful to hear our London friends are safe. Things like this happen and I wonder if it will ever end.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Jack doesn't wear wings either, and isn't it accepted that he's a pilot?
                              I also notice that they have Landry with wings.
                              Spoiler:
                              Yet he's meant to have been former intelligence analyst or something. I suppose he could have flown before he got transfered though
                              according to brad, jack is a pilot because rda decided that jack should be a pilot

jack doesn't wear wings either

sigpic

Comment

according to brad, jack is a pilot because rda decided that jack should be a pilot

jack doesn't wear wings either
                                Well in that case Sam is a pilot because I decide that I like Sam as a Fighter Pilot

*cough* 11000 *cough*

Comment

Working...
                                X