X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    Thanks Agent
    I've just found out my sister is okay. She commutes into london on the tube
    sounds like tens of people may have been killed. Things are sombre here at the moment!
    So glad to hear this as you and your family were on my mind all morning. The word is still out on a friend's husband who commutes in to that economic district. I should hear something by tonight. I couldn't help but think of being there in the Liverpool/King's Cross stations last September with our baby.

We live in a troubled time, all the more for kindness to be practiced.

Hic comitas regit.

CG

Comment

Thank you Skydiver.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in London and indeed, the whole UK today. I'm outraged by this needless loss of life and the untold suffering that the wounded will have to face. I suppose we all knew it was not if, but when, just as we, in the states, realize, we are wide open for another terrorist attack.

May all our Samanda members and their families be safe. We love you all and you are in our hearts today.

Something like this makes you realize how important friends and family are. Please, everyone, stay safe.

I came online just to thank ForeverSG1, for her help yesterday, so I could record the marathons on SciFi. Thank you.....I finally did get the darn TV/VCR thingy hooked up and working. Somehow, it doesn't seem all that important right now.
      Last edited by Lida; 07 July 2005, 07:15 AM.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Many many thanks for all the kind words and thoughts from everybody. Like you all my thoughts are with the people who have been affceted by this awful event. Thanks Sky for not forcing off thread - it is heartening to pick up the messages from friends in Samanda

Comment

Take care, British/UK posters! Hopefully we'll get some more answers near the end of this week.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
            And from later in the episode, this one’s for Sky.

NC
            Aaahhh... Yes, Sky should like this one. I always smile when I see it, because there's definitely a bit of... lingering...

Comment

I hadn't watched the news this morning, so I went to check what was happening after reading this thread. Good Lord. That's horrible. I still can't believe that people can do that. I'm glad to hear that everyone on this thread seems ok. And I grieve with the victims' families and friends.

Can't seem to find anything else to say.

I'm happy that Uber's nephew is going to be ok also.

Take care everyone
              sigpic
              There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
              If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
              If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
              If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                And from later in the episode, this one’s for Sky.

NC
                Huggles!!!

thanks. I love those two together.

that's been one good thing about the lessening of Jack, more chances for the others to interact. i think that's one reason i liked space race so much
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I just wanted to add my thoughts and prayers for all our UK posters. You people at Samanda are friends & I immediately thought of you when I heard this news about London this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    Aaahhh... Yes, Sky should like this one. I always smile when I see it, because there's definitely a bit of... lingering...
                    LOL! I'd linger too, if I was in Teal'c's arms.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      LOL! I'd linger too, if I was in Teal'c's arms.
                      That guy's version of a bear hug must be something else...

Comment

That guy's version of a bear hug must be something else...
                        Well, it should require a Super Soldier's armour to survive through it.
                        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                          Well, it should require a Super Soldier's armour to survive through it.
                          Heh heh...

Though it seems like he's lost weight... It's a bit odd. I'm so used to him being huge and hulking, with his muscles busting from every area of his body.

Comment

Heh heh...

Though it seems like he's lost weight... It's a bit odd. I'm so used to him being huge and hulking, with his muscles busting from every area of his body.
                            True. But I'm sure the Royal Graphic Artist would volunteer to photoshop some extra big muscles on Teal'c to please you.
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I've been thinking about one of JM's comments regarding Mitchell and Sam.

The one regarding Mitchell calling Sam.... Shasta.

I've been curious if he wasn't in fact being honest and that perhaps Sam and Mitchell know each from way before the SGC, perhaps Shasta is/was Sam's call sign.

So here's a new game. For what reasons do you think Sam might have been given this call sign??

Perhaps during her pilot years, she had an particular liking to diet Shasta cola.

Comment

Heh heh...

Yes, but he is looking mighty fine... I'm sure Amanda would back me up on this comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X