Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I completely agree!!! I can't wait to see the banner you make for him Uber!!
    I'm sure he will love recieving it personally from his favorite Samandan.
    Exsqueeze me?

A-bakin' powder???

I currently hold 2 Royal titles:

Royal Photographer and Royal Pain in the Mikta.

YOU however are the Royal Graphic Artist...

See where I'm going with this?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Ok, I know we still have another week until the new season starts, but I would just like to ask one question...

What's up with the lovefest that SciFi seems to have with Ben Browder?
      New SG-1 pics are posted and they have bestowed us with not one solo shot of Mitchell, but five. Amanda has one, Chris has two, and what the hell happened to poor Daniel? Obviously the photographer couldn't tell them a part and kept snapping pictures at Ben, when he should have been taking photos of Michael.

I don't mind seeing a little more emphasis regarding the new characters and such but doesn't it seem as if SciFi is going a bit overboard here? Or perhaps this has become Stargate: The Cameron Mitchell Story. Did I say that outloud? *cough* So sorry. This isn't a knock on Ben. It's actually a knock on SciFi's publists whom I really think should be kicked out on their bum, or perhaps they didn't realize that their are actually four members of the SG-1 team??

*Heads off to find a nice fic and grumble in solitude*

Comment

[QUOTE=tsaxlady]
        Originally posted by Jmallozzi
        Originally Posted by binkpmmc

So Joe is not going to give a definiative answer on who will lead once Sam returns (like we ever really thought he might ) - so I for one will stand firm in the belief that once Sam returns - she takes back command - we will just have to keep calm (yes that means you MB) until "Beach Head".
        In an ever present effort to get an answer I asked him again, but phrased it a little differently again, to see what he willl come up with next, especially in light of so many articles and interviews saying mitchell is in charge or leading the team, etc. It occured to me though, perhaps, in his cryptic nonresponsive, evasive, misinformation way,there is a shred of truth in this response in that Carter and mitchell do end up "sharing" the lead as co-leaders which some here, and others elsewhere, have suggested. In essence maybe he is giving away something but it is hidden within the cryptic, non-responsive, nature of the reply.

Comment

Ok, I know we still have another week until the new season starts, but I would just like to ask one question...

New SG-1 pics are posted and they have bestowed us with not one solo shot Mitchell, but five. Amanda has one, Chris has two, and what the hell happened to poor Daniel? Obviously the photographer couldn't tell them a part and kept snapping pictures at Ben, when he should have been taking photos of Michael.

I don't mind seeing a little more emphasis regarding the new characters and such but doesn't it seem as if SciFi is going a bit overboard here? Or perhaps this has become Stargate: The Cameron Mitchell Story. Did I say that outloud? *cough* So sorry. This isn't a knock on Ben. It's actually a knock on SciFi's publists whom I really think should be kicked out on their bum, or perhaps they didn't realize that their are actually four members of the SG-1 team??

Yup, it's one of the things that continues to alienate me from the show - this PR crap that mitchell (bb) (and in the case of the first 6 eps, vala/cb) is the only one important on the show as if the other 3 - who have kept this show afloat for 8 years, are meaningless because they have bb now and he is the best you know and there would obviously be no Stargate SG1 without him (at least that is what they are saying to me with their overkill antics). It's like when they play the hottest new song on the radio over and over again and every station you turn on has the same song - it is grating and just ends up turning the listener, in this case the viewer, off. It still reminds me of Shakepspeare's famous quote about thinking thou doth protest too much (in their case I think they doth try waaay to hard. Are they trying to convince the fans or themseves?)

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Exsqueeze me?

A-bakin' powder???

I currently hold 2 Royal titles:

Royal Photographer and Royal Pain in the Mikta.

YOU however are the Royal Novice Graphic Artist...

See where I'm going with this?

You keep forgetting a key word in that title!!

Comment

You keep forgetting a key word in that title!!
              Novice schm-ovice.

I'm not the Royal Graphic Artist (an issue I will have to come to terms with...eventually...) and YOU are.

So...there. (whew...what a comeback!!!)

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Novice schm-ovice.

I'm not the Royal Graphic Artist (an issue I will have to come to terms with...eventually...) and YOU are.

So...there. (whew...what a comeback!!!)
                I tell you what... you can have the Royal Graphic Artist title and I'll do my best to fulfill your Royal Pain in the Mitka title. I've been taking lessons from one of the best, I'm getting quite good at it.

Comment

I tell you what... you can have the Royal Graphic Artist title and I'll do my best to fulfill your Royal Pain in the Mitka title. I've been taking lessons from one of the best, I'm getting quite good at it.
                  I've worked long, arduous and painstaking hours...nay YEARS...on the title of Royal Pain in the Mikta.

I have in fact perfected it to an artform...

I say we hear the voices of Samanda and respond in kind. All those in favor of our Royal Graphic Artist to make Joe a spanky banner in honor of his new title...please indicate your consent by smacking Kat on the back of the head.

p.s...nothin' but love Kat...nothin' but love....

Comment

New SG-1 pics are posted and they have bestowed us with not one solo shot of Mitchell, but five. Amanda has one, Chris has two, and what the hell happened to poor Daniel? Obviously the photographer couldn't tell them a part and kept snapping pictures at Ben, when he should have been taking photos of Michael.

I was musing over the same basic questions and I sent these ponderings to Chopingal in an email a few days ago...

I've been a bit surprised with the way that they are bringing in Ben Browder - they have simply promoted him - and his character - beyond what seemed appropriate for one of the four members of the team - let alone 'the new guy'... Loads of photos and lots of Season 9 storylines featuring Mitchell - he's going to pull the King Arthur Sword from the Stone, he's going to fly X-302s, he's going to battle a huge Jaffa warrior - we will discover that Mitchell has the heart and spirit of mythic legendary warriors, there's going to be flashbacks to his childhood as well as flashbacks to his recuperation from the injuries sustained in the Antartica battle from Lost City... it was just coming across as weird to me that they are pushing and promoting BB so strongly when they have 3 returning cast members (MS, CJ and AT). And then officially saying that Mitchell is replacing O'Neill as the leader of SG-1 - which totally and completely ignores that Carter was the last CO of SG-1.

And then I realized something... Richard Dean Anderson was a 'name' for Stargate. RDA was a pre-established star before starting with Stargate... and I've heard at least one of TPTB state in an interview that 'having a name' (having a star) is one of the formulas for the success of a show. Hence RDA was the 'star' for Stargate... his name went above the title and everyone paid homage to him and O'Neill was a hero's hero, swooping in to save the day.

So Browder isn't just coming in as a new fourth member for SG-1, and he's not just coming in as a possible CO for SG-1... no Browder is an established star amongst the scifi crowd. He's a hunk for a lot of women to thunk over. He's a macho scifi hero. And he was *the* lead man on Farscape.

Stargate's PTB are not just filling the fourth slot on SG-1, they are pulling in a 'Leading Man' who is a pre-established star. And they are treating him as such. He's larger than life - and he's filling RDA's role (and not just O'Neill's role).

Personally, I don't think Stargate needed to pull in a star to replace RDA. Stargate made stars out of MS, AT and CJ and I think it would have been great to have let them have the show - to let them lead the show... and pulling in a fourth member would be fine, but I would rather have had a newcomer to the business - and not a pre-established star/leading man.

I wonder what they would have done if AT hadn't gotten pregnant? My optomistic side likes to think that TPTB would have taken a chance and let AT be the main lead/CO of SG-1 and brought in a junior officer as a fourth for SG-1. My pessimistic side is afraid that TPTB would have been too afraid not to get a pre-established star and Leading Man. It's all moot, however, as AT has had a child and that changes what she was (and is) available to do.

------

Whatever happens with Stargate's 9th season, I hope that the Season 9 character of Sam Carter is one that makes people of all ages (and sexes) proud of her contributions.

And... I hope that Sam Carter is
                    a smart, intelligent officer
                    who saves the world...
                    who leads with class and competence...
                    who handles a P90 skillfully in the defense of her country and her planet...
                    who has heart...
                    who has a brilliant smile...
                    who is still inspired and excited by the awesome physical phenoma of the universe

who...
                    (what would you add to this list?)
                    Last edited by astrogeologist; 07 July 2005, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc

In an ever present effort to get an answer I asked him again, but phrased it a little differently again, to see what he willl come up with next, especially in light of so many articles and interviews saying mitchell is in charge or leading the team, etc. It occured to me though, perhaps, in his cryptic nonresponsive, evasive, misinformation way,there is a shred of truth in this response in that Carter and mitchell do end up "sharing" the lead as co-leaders which some here, and others elsewhere, have suggested. In essence maybe he is giving away something but it is hidden within the cryptic, non-responsive, nature of the reply.
                      in a non cryptic way, i agree. i'm really thinking they're going to share the team. not sure how i feel about that, but it's better than sam not leading it at all. or sam not being on the show at all.

(((lieutenant colonel samantha carter)))

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                        I agree. I also remember that TV Guide told us that things were going to heat up between O'Neill and Carter in S7.....and then we got . I don't know if they're doing their job poorly or are being mislead by TPTB or Sci-Fi publicists. I'll just read it with all of these past flubs in mind.
                        Matt Roush seems to be pretty anti-Stargate, so...
                        (I don't really respect biased journalists - especially when it comes to something as trivial as entertainment... egad.)

Comment

Lovefest?!?!

Ha! That is so funny and yet so appropriate. I was wondering if I was just in a whiny mood, or if I really had a reason to be concerned here. Everything seems to be so incredibly late too, eh? The pictures seem to be later (or maybe it's because of my impatience, heh heh). SciFi starts advertising for the Inside SciFi Friday Special less than a week before it actually airs. And, you know, in that same ad it says that new episodes for all three series start on July 17th...

And, you know, as if that's not enough for my befuddled and angst-ridden heart, they release 28 pictures for dear Atlantis and something to the tune of 8 for Stargate SG-1 (yes, sans Daniel/Michael, and severely lacking in Sam/Amanda and Chris/Teal'c).

I'm much too visual for my own good! I need pictures! Pictures! I don't care if they release a picture of Daniel walking into a dark cave with a Merlin hat on and a walking stick in hand, while giving Vala a piggy-back ride!

OK... I take that back. I would care. But I'd get over it. I promise.

Comment

Hope everyone who posts/reads/lurks in Samanda from London are okay

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Hope everyone who posts/reads/lurks in Samanda from London are okay
                              Thanks Agent
                              I've just found out my sister is okay. She commutes into london on the tube
                              sounds like tens of people may have been killed. Things are sombre here at the moment!

Comment

((((London)))) ((((British posters))))
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X