No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I'm going to briefly weigh in on the tech discussion. I upgraded my DirecTV unit to a Tivo and when the technician they sent out over the weekend to hook it up was here he could not figure out how to connect it with my Surroundsound, 2 DVD players, VCR & TV - I finally got him to let me do it for him. He spent over an hour working on it and I had it up and running in 15 minutes. When I was a kid I took our TV at home pulled it out from the wall and took the back off and pulled all the tubes out when my dad walked in and found me he said "You had better be able to get that back together young lady" so I proceeded to put it all back together and when I finished yes it did work. My mom told my dad that is hat he got for showing me how to fix a radio. He had been a signal man in the Army and worked on radios during the Korean Conflict - so since all he had was girls I was the one he decided to teach ho to fix things.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

[Quote=Jmallozzi]Originally Posted by binkpmmc
      Originally posted by JMallozzi

Thanks for stopping by.

It was a mistake on my part to use the word "assume" so let me rephrase the question in light of your "resume her duties" quote and the TV Guide quote, "and Farscape hunk Ben Browder, whose Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell will lead the SG-1 team":

Who, Mitchell or Carter, will lead SG1 after Carter returns to/rejoins SG1?

Thanks.

They're going to take turns. Mitchell gets Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday - Carter gets Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, and they alternate Sundays.
      So Joe is not going to give a definiative answer on who will lead once Sam returns (like we ever really thought he might ) - so I for one will stand firm in the belief that once Sam returns - she takes back command - we will just have to keep calm (yes that means you MB) until "Beach Head".

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
        Okay I'm going to briefly weigh in on the tech discussion. I upgraded my DirecTV unit to a Tivo and when the technician they sent out over the weekend to hook it up was here he could not figure out how to connect it with my Surroundsound, 2 DVD players, VCR & TV - I finally got him to let me do it for him. He spent over an hour working on it and I had it up and running in 15 minutes. When I was a kid I took our TV at home pulled it out from the wall and took the back off and pulled all the tubes out when my dad walked in and found me he said "You had better be able to get that back together young lady" so I proceeded to put it all back together and when I finished yes it did work. My mom told my dad that is hat he got for showing me how to fix a radio. He had been a signal man in the Army and worked on radios during the Korean Conflict - so since all he had was girls I was the one he decided to teach ho to fix things.

Great story, tsaxlady! How appropriate for the SaGC thread!!

And yah to AT being on the cover of TV Guide!

Strix Varia---loved your second chapter of your fic---can't wait for the third! Will it be ready soon?

Way too many posts to respond too, but Uber, glad to hear that your nephew is okay, and ForeverSG1---great post -- heartwarming, and in the spirit of this thread.

Comment

Whew! Haven't had much time to be here the last couple of days. RL has sort of whumped me up the side of the head, if you know what I mean. Nothing bad, just extremely busy. However, I didn't want the day to end without saying:

Congratulations to Samandans in the U. K.

for winning the 2012 Olympic Games!!!

Comment

you know, i'm sorta glad the uk got it. or at least that the us didn't.

we've had so many olympics that it just seems fair to have another country get them. paris would have been cool, but you know, i can see it now, all city of love and all that

about the only thing that sucks is that, when they air it, it'll all be tape delay because by the time prime time rolls around in the us, it'll be in themiddle of the night in the uk

but hey, whatever

congrats to the brits!!
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              that's one reason i keep dealing with my analog signal instead of cable or satellite. i can record 3 different shows at once if i want to.

if i go to cable,first of all it costs more and second of all i can only watch and record one show at a time.

what's the good of 100odd channels if you can only watch/record one???
              You can rig the systems so you can record one show and watch another, I know because when I was a teen, my father paid me to do with our televisions throughout the house and once his friends saw what I did, they asked me to show them how. I haven't tried it lately though so maybe they have changed things but I think if you really wanted to get around it you could.
              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 06 July 2005, 06:49 PM.

Comment

In case you missed them, here are a couple of Sam-related questions and answers from the Joe M. thread.

Who did exactly Cassie live with following Janet's death? Or did she stay by herself?

She lived with Sam before heading off to college.

And this next one proves that Joe was in a "playful" mood today

Mmm, you didn't say maaaybe, but your answer seems slightly evasive. I mean you didn't come out and say "Yeah, she's military. Why wouldn't she be?"

See, the reason I asked about Sam's military status when she returns is because I've read spoilers that Mitchell refers to Sam as "Sam" and not as Col. Carter. If Mitchell is a "Military man's military man" I would not think that he would refer to another military member of his team in such an informal
                manner while on-duty.

So, other than Sam not being military any more, is there another reason why Mitchell would refer to her as Sam and not Col. Carter during a mission?

I believe he refers to her as "Shasta". Weird, huh?

NC

Comment

Oh, the many playful moods of Joe Mallozzi!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    What a great story!

I spent a couple of years maintaining and installing fire alarm and burglar alarm systems on campus. Of course, that may speak as much to the fact that English majors can do anything as long as good written directions are provided as it does to my techno brilliance. I swear they must have had engineers write the installation directions for most of my entertainment equipment, and, as Sam pointed out in Space Race, engineers don't speak English.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                      Strix Varia---loved your second chapter of your fic---can't wait for the third! Will it be ready soon?
                      With a little luck and the blessing of my ever-so-fickle muse, I'll have the ending posted sometime tomorrow. I do want to finish it before I leave for a conference on Saturday.

Thanks for the kind words.

Hugs,
                      Strix

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                        Originally posted by binkpmmc
                        Thanks for stopping by.

It was a mistake on my part to use the word "assume" so let me rephrase the question in light of your "resume her duties" quote and the TV Guide quote, "and Farscape hunk Ben Browder, whose Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell will lead the SG-1 team":

Who, Mitchell or Carter, will lead SG1 after Carter returns to/rejoins SG1?

Thanks.
                        They're going to take turns. Mitchell gets Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday - Carter gets Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, and they alternate Sundays.
                        Okie dokie campers. Well that settles it for me....

I hereby nominate JOE MALLOZZI for the position of ROYAL MINISTER OF MISINFORMATION for all of Samanda.

What say ye?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I don't get on the thread til late some nights but there are some things you just hate to let pass. So here goes...

Happy Birthday 1s4s !!

Congrats Sky for 4300
                          Atteria 600
                          1s4s 150

and Kat loved your smile post, I agree most heartily!
                          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                          Hic Comitas Regit
                          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

I hereby nominate JOE MALLOZZI for the position of ROYAL MINISTER OF MISINFORMATION for all of Samanda.

What say ye?

I second this

Comment

What say ye?

I completely agree!!! I can't wait to see the banner you make for him Uber!!
                              I'm sure he will love recieving it personally from his favorite Samandan.

Comment

What say ye?

i agree! and we must tell him! YOU tell him!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X