Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lida
    Super big CONGRATS to Sky on post 3400, you go girl!
    Congrats to Atteria on post 600, you've been a busy little bee.
    Congrats to Birthday boy 1s4S, for post 150, get your tail moving boy!

OK, who'd I miss?

Oh, me!

Anyone know anything about connecting a DVD/VHS thingy to a TV with a cable box, because I've been trying for 2 hours and I'm getting nowhere. I wanted to tape BSG today (well, I didn't make that), now I want to tape/record SGA and SG-1, but it's not working. ARGH!!!!!!!! I called the cable company and the company that makes the thingy, and they were NO help. I'm not a very happy camper right now.

OK, back to grindstone, err TV/DVD thingy. All those years of school and for what? I can't get a stupid DVD/VHS thingy to work. Sad, very sad.

(OK, I'll shut up...rant over.)
    I'm assuming you have a cable ready television.

Take the incoming cable cord, either from your cable box or the wall (if you don't have a cable box) and place it into the cable input port normally found on the back of your VCR.

For VCR playback, you'll need an audio/video kit; one video cable (composite or S-video) and an audio pair (left/right). Sometimes these come all hooked together, the ends are typically yellow, white, and red in color. Place one side of the appropriate colored cord into the AV output of your VCR/DVD player and the other end into the TV input slots. Keep in mind though, that the colors on each of the cords must match up with the coordinating colors on the TV and VCR's or it will not record properly.

For ease and versatility of VCR use, it's often recommended to also connect your VCR to the TV with an RF cable. In conjunction with the AV kit hookup, the RF hookup lets you play movies on your TV either on channel 3 or the Video 1 input. The RF cable goes from your VCR cable output slot into your tv's cable input slot.

If you have these set up correctly, you should be able to just start taping by turning on your television and pushing the record button, but remember to playback what you have taped you will need to switch your TV to either channel 3 or video input and often you need to also hit the TV/VCR button on your VCR (depending on brand).

Hope this helps,
    Kat

P.S When you are all done, if your cables resemble a Moebius loop, then you probably messed up somewhere and you should probably start all over from scratch or you might inadvertantly change life as we know it. Ok, a bit of an exaggeration, but I couldn't help myself.
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 06 July 2005, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

About the reference of Cam being the new team leader, I have this habit of not believing a word of what my TV guide tells about SG1 and also SGA. I really don't know where they take the infos, but they're generally very, very wrong.
      For example, they kept saying in season 6 that Daniel was part of the team, and he suddenly ascended in Fallen !
      They never got the memo that Jack was played by RDA instead of Kurt Russell and keep writing his name "O'Neil". It's with two "l" for crying out loud !
      And last, our beloved Genii encountered some Jedi in the Pegasus galaxy and decided to change their name in Jed-Nyts !
      I don't know if your TV Guide is that bad, but maybe we could open a contest.

In conclusion, wait and see until Sam comes back in Beach Head.
      I agree. I also remember that TV Guide told us that things were going to heat up between O'Neill and Carter in S7.....and then we got . I don't know if they're doing their job poorly or are being mislead by TPTB or Sci-Fi publicists. I'll just read it with all of these past flubs in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
        I agree. I also remember that TV Guide told us that things were going to heat up between O'Neill and Carter in S7.....and then we got . I don't know if they're doing their job poorly or are being mislead by TPTB or Sci-Fi publicists. I'll just read it with all of these past flubs in mind.
        I'll second that.

Congratulations to sg-1 fanintn on 600 Posts!!!

Let's see S7 we got Über's favorite

***Yes I know this is from S8
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          I'll second that.

Congratulations to sg-1 fanintn on 600 Posts!!!

Let's see S7 we got Über's favorite

***Yes I know this is from S8
          *growl snarl*

That's just wrong on so many levels. In fact, that's just plain EEEEEEEEVIL TS....

...and a little cruel.

*sniff*

I need a hug....
          Last edited by Uber; 06 July 2005, 04:50 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Congrats on post 600, sg-1fanintn!

We are a bunch of posting fiends!
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              I'm assuming you have a cable ready television.

Take the incoming cable cord, either from your cable box or the wall (if you don't have a cable box) and place it into the cable input port normally found on the back of your VCR.

For VCR playback, you'll need an audio/video kit; one video cable (composite or S-video) and an audio pair (left/right). Sometimes these come all hooked together, the ends are typically yellow, white, and red in color. Place one side of the appropriate colored cord into the AV output of your VCR/DVD player and the other end into the TV input slots. Keep in mind though, that the colors on each of the cords must match up with the coordinating colors on the TV and VCR's or it will not record properly.

For ease and versatility of VCR use, it's often recommended to also connect your VCR to the TV with an RF cable. In conjunction with the AV kit hookup, the RF hookup lets you play movies on your TV either on channel 3 or the Video 1 input. The RF cable goes from your VCR cable output slot into your tv's cable input slot.

If you have these set up correctly, you should be able to just start taping by turning on your television and pushing the record button, but remember to playback what you have taped you will need to switch your TV to either channel 3 or video input and often you need to also hit the TV/VCR button on your VCR (depending on brand).

Hope this helps,
              Kat

P.S When you are all done, if your cables resemble a Moebius loop, then you probably messed up somewhere and you should probably start all over from scratch or you might inadvertantly change life as we know it. Ok, a bit of an exaggeration, but I couldn't help myself.
              I could have sworn I posted a thank you already, but I can't find it. Thank you Kat, for taking the time to write all this out. Hopefully, I'll figure it out. Right now, I have cables from old and new contraptions, littered all over the floor. Hope I can figure out what is what.

AND, right now, the back of my TV/VCR looks like a Moebius loop...hope I haven't changed life on earth, as we know it.
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

44 DAYS UNTIL SAM RETURNS!!!

(i hope i got that right. beach head airs august 19th, right?)

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations, Skydiver, on 4300 posts!
                  Congratulations, Atteria, on 600 posts!

(Darn, Nikki! You beat me! But that's ok.....it's not a competition!)

Happy Birthday, 1speed4sam!
                  I thought you would enjoy a royal cake!

Comment

just think of the tv signal as a circuit, and it has to be completed.

you have 'out from the antenna' and it eventually has to end up at the tv...and anything you put in the middle has to have a 'in' and 'out'

i've got virtual spaghetti in my entertainment center with 2 dvd players, 1 dvd recorder adn 2 vcr's
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

CoNgRaTs SkY, AtTeRiA, and 1SpEeD!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

you have 'out from the antenna' and it eventually has to end up at the tv...and anything you put in the middle has to have a 'in' and 'out'

i've got virtual spaghetti in my entertainment center with 2 dvd players, 1 dvd recorder adn 2 vcr's
                        Now what do you do for a living again?

I bribed my nephew (with a Stargate DVD, actually) to come set up our system when I got a new receiver... I could get a picture, but no sound, or sound but no picture... gack, it was weird. But our TV is about 16 years old and doesn't have the number of connections normal for more modern appliances. I think he "pulled a Sam" to get it all to work, and it still has some interesting quirks (I can play tapes on my vcr, but I can't record anything...).

I love your new avatar, btw.

My LJ

Comment

lol

you would not believe some of the creative solutions i've had to come up with in the past few years

your problem just might be some wrong connections. that's one bad thing about the advancing technology, it makes the older stuff harder and harder to use

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

I can so relate! I've resisted going hi def because I think it will mean going through a cable box and will limit my multi-recording options. Heaven forbid that I could only record one thing at a time.

NC

Comment

that's one reason i keep dealing with my analog signal instead of cable or satellite. i can record 3 different shows at once if i want to.

if i go to cable,first of all it costs more and second of all i can only watch and record one show at a time.

what's the good of 100odd channels if you can only watch/record one???

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                *growl snarl*

That's just wrong on so many levels. In fact, that's just plain EEEEEEEEVIL TS....

...and a little cruel.

*sniff*

I need a hug....
                                Okay I'll play nice - For anyone that does not know this is what Über would rather see

Okay how about those for hugs in return?
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X