Don't Let Things Get You Down

The Ra Burns To Give You Hope
    And A Way For Beating Time
    The Answers Clearly Waiting Here
    A Shiny Red Lightweight 27 Gear
    A Bathchair Of Supreme Design

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
      Kat, really nice post about smiling and Amanda’s positive outlook. It reminded me of the days when my mother used to say ‘think happy thoughts’ (I was a bit of a scowling teenager). It can be so easy to slip into our daily routine and forget something as easy a smile for those we meet along the way. Thanks for the reminder of the dual benefit (for others and ourselves) of such a simple act as smiling.

Sky, Congratulations on post 4300! Your posts are *never” spam!

Atteria, Congratulations on post 600! Way to go!

1speed, belated birthday wishes and I hope you haven’t eaten all that cake – yet. Have you cycled up and down that chocolate mountain before consuming each bit of cake? Now, a really important question - can you finish season 2 before Sam returns on August 19?
      Thanks, SamFan31. There's plenty of cake left, just help yourself. And no, I've not cycled on the chocolate mountain - it'd probably cause too much erosion, which would be a Bad Thing indeed.

And while we're on the subject of the chocolate mountain, I think ChopinGal earlier alluded to it reflecting my adventurous side. Sorry to disappoint, but I don't honestly think I'm adventurous enough to climb a chocolate mountain, roped to a manically-grinning female!!! Hmm, now just who does that remind me of...

As for Season 2, I'm going to make a start right now, and watch "The Serpents Lair". Might be back in a bit, then again I might just watch the whole DVD.

1s4S

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        Happy Birthday 1speed

When The Grey Matter Starts To Dwindle
        And You've More Hair On Chest Than Crown
        When The "one True Way"
        Means Pushing Bike All Day
        Don't Let Things Get You Down

The Ra Burns To Give You Hope
        And A Way For Beating Time
        The Answers Clearly Waiting Here
        A Shiny Red Lightweight 27 Gear
        A Bathchair Of Supreme Design
        Very good, my dear Royal Accountant.

Now, isn't it time for your medication?

Comment

Oops, almost forgot...

Congratulations Sky on post 4300!!!

and

Congratulations Atteria on post 600!!!

And, er, Congratulations Me on post 150!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
            Hi everybody *waves*

Thanks for the birthday greetings and cakes - I hope you're all going to help me eat them, otherwise there'll be bulges in my cycling shorts where there shouldn't oughta be any. Anyway, to celebrate the occasion, here's what could well be my first ON-TOPIC POST EVER!!!

*drum roll*

Yes, I'm pleased to announce that last night I finally reached the end of Season 1. It's taken a while, but I made it, and now can't wait to get stuck in to Season 2.

As somebody who doesn't watch much (if any) regular TV, I have to say my hopes have all been realised. At last, here's something I can happily sit down and watch, knowing I'm going to be entertained, exhilarated, and have my thoughts and emotions provoked. Admittedly (and this is probably going to sound very bloke-ish), I do tend to prefer those episodes which contain more in the way of flash-bang-wallop, weirdness and humour than *serious* emotional or shippy stuff (sorry all you shippers ), but you never know, now I've hit my mid-forties I might start to mature a wee bit, and crave more than just explosions and chuckles...

Favourite eps so far? In (hopefully) chronological order, I reckon "Broca Divide", "The Nox", "Tin Man" and "There But... ", with honourable mentions for "Fire and Water", "Bloodlines", "Singularity" and "Solitudes". And, er, "Hathor", of course...

Right, assuming anybody's still awake after all that, please help yourselves to cake (and a drop of something from the Royal Liquor Cabinet while the Royal Accountant's not looking ).

1s4S
            Congratulations 1s4s, on finishing Season 1! And thanks for posting your Season 1 rankings

---
            Atteria - nice new sig pic!

Comment

Er, quick question...

Is it considered normal behaviour to have tears in your eyes at the end of "The Serpent's Lair"?

Just checking.

Think I need a drink (all "In The Line of Duty", of course ).

And yes, it is beautiful.

1s4S

Comment

Er, quick question...

Is it considered normal behaviour to have tears in your eyes at the end of "The Serpent's Lair"?

Just checking.

Think I need a drink (all "In The Line of Duty", of course ).

And yes, it is beautiful.

1s4S
                It's an absolute normal behaviour, but be warned and take extra supplies of tissues while watching In The Line of Duty. Our Queen is really shining in this one.

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Sorry, I'm really late for this but :

Congrats on 600 posts Atteria !

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                    It's an absolute normal behaviour, but be warned and take extra supplies of tissues while watching In The Line of Duty. Our Queen is really shining in this one.

Phew, made it through without having to break open the emergency tissues -the Dalwhinnie must have cushioned the emotional impact sufficiently.

But I was still able to appreciate our Queen's performance. And most of it done with the eyes and facial expressions alone - sheer class.

Ah well, think I'll sign off now and ponder stuff for the rest of the night...

1s4S

Comment

Very good, my dear Royal Accountant.

Now, isn't it time for your medication?

Medication for me - embrocation for you

Comment

Congrats to everyone achieving milestone posts!

Wonderful post Forever regarding AT so well said!!!!

Atteria and Lys - you are putting up some amazing piccis!!

Comment

* !!! BORING FACT ALERT !!! *

Under the laws governing English (and Welsh) Rights of Way, a mountain bike is regarded as being the equivalent of a horse, which is why we are restricted to riding on bridleways or routes of a higher status.

* END OF BORING FACT *

Just thought you'd like to know. Hope this doesn't affect the recipe of the (not-so) secret medecine.

1s4S
                          ZzZzZzZzZzZ...*snort*

Hunh...wha...?

Whazzat???

Sorry...dosed off there for a moment...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            ZzZzZzZzZzZ...*snort*

Hunh...wha...?

Whazzat???

Sorry...dosed off there for a moment...

Drrrrrrriiiiiiiing !!! Drrrrrrriiiiiing !!!

Does it help ?

Comment

Super big CONGRATS to Sky on post 3400, you go girl!
                              Congrats to Atteria on post 600, you've been a busy little bee.
                              Congrats to Birthday boy 1s4S, for post 150, get your tail moving boy!

OK, who'd I miss?

Oh, me!

Anyone know anything about connecting a DVD/VHS thingy to a TV with a cable box, because I've been trying for 2 hours and I'm getting nowhere. I wanted to tape BSG today (well, I didn't make that), now I want to tape/record SGA and SG-1, but it's not working. ARGH!!!!!!!! I called the cable company and the company that makes the thingy, and they were NO help. I'm not a very happy camper right now.

OK, back to grindstone, err TV/DVD thingy. All those years of school and for what? I can't get a stupid DVD/VHS thingy to work. Sad, very sad.

(OK, I'll shut up...rant over.)
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                                My dear jester, I confess that my misinterpretation was, um, somewhat deliberate... I just couldn't resist such a grand opportunity to poke a little fun at your words. You see, there's a running joke in my family that my parents had two boys, then tried a third time for a girl... and unfortunately ended up with another boy (me)... And now, imagine my horror to discover that my masculine FLAG DESIGN obviously provides further evidence for this misconception...

Hugs,
                                Strix "I don't try to be butch" varia
                                ROTFLOLOL Your signature line alone is worth the price of admission! When ya got it baby, flaunt it!

Comment

Working...
                                X