Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all Samandans from the United Kingdom,

I'd like to congrat you for winning the competition for the 2012 Olympic Games.

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
      To all Samandans from the United Kingdom,

I'd like to congrat you for winning the competition for the 2012 Olympic Games.

Wow ... breaking news! So it's London, after all! Let's see, that will be happening around Stargate S15 or 16 and, by then, Sam Carter will be President of the United States after completing a sterling career in the military and retiring at the rank of full General!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        What happened???

Did your bike lose a few spokes or something that you'd have to resort to REAL horse power???

See I thought that we were a more up-to-date kingdom, where our police patrolled on bikes...like on Pacific Blue...
        The Royal Accountant would probably say I stood more chance of getting up hills on horseback...

And unfortunately I can't offer you Pacific Blue - how does Irish Sea Grey (with a hint of Brown) sound?

1s4S

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Wow ... breaking news! So it's London, after all! Let's see, that will be happening around Stargate S15 or 16 and, by then, Sam Carter will be President of the United States after completing a sterling career in the military and retiring at the rank of full General!
          I love your visions of future ChopinGal !

Sam for President !

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            What a terrific birthday photo! Captures 1speed's adventurous nature!
            Great cake Lys! You've taken my job, though.

Sorry I didn't get to say it sooner, but:

Happy Birthday 1Speed4Sam!

As for those "bulges", care to share some pics?

Now, for something serious, I'm so jealous you are just now getting to watch SG-1....I've seen them so many times, but I still enjoy them. However, it would be nice, if there was just one episode I hadn't seen yet. Guess I'll have to wait a few more days, until the new season starts. I hope you get as many years of great watching enjoyment as I have. (And you will note, our Queen remains lovely and unspoiled throughout her entire 8 years...amazing!)

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              1speed4sam you turn _ _ today!
              WOW!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
              Very clever tsaxlady, using that pic! Wish I had thought of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                Great cake! You've taken my job, though.
                Shh ! No ! It's a secret medecine. I put some drugs into the cake. If 1speed4sam takes in horse riding, he's in immediate danger of an aching back or worse. So I put something that will erase all of his ideas of horse riding and climbing hills in the same sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  I just had a scare that is about as off-topic as it gets...but I wanted to share it my Samandan friends.

My brother Ben called and told us that we came very close to losing his youngest. He has 5 kids...Emily, Erika, Evalyn, Ethan and Ezra.

Ezra, a very young little sweetie (18 months old), was in his crib...and it was bedtime.

For some reason, someone had to go back upstairs and get some water...and as a result, heard him gasping for air. My sister in law Nicole called 911 and the paramedics and police came running. They couldn't figure out what was going on and at first thought he was maybe choking on something he had put in his mouth.

Nic went to the emergency room with him and they finally figured out that he had some serious issues with acid reflux...that it had somehow blocked his esophagus up and was therefore unable to catch his breath. They were able to alleviate the blockage and I think he'll be on some medication to keep the problem at bay. Poor Nic was at the ER all night long and was exhausted but both parents are indeed happy that Ezra will be okay.

There was no reason for anyone to go upstairs and it was a miracle they heard it even then because the gasping was soft and almost inaudible.

My brother continued to say that it was clear to him that God was watching out for his youngest son because Ezra most certainly would not have survived the night.
                  And on an all together more serious note...

Incidents like this are big news in the UK at the moment due to various recent court cases and appeals.

Thank Heavens little Ezra's guardian angel was working overtime.

1s4S

Comment

Have to get ready for work, but just picked this layout up at another one of my forums ... don't think we've posted it here yet. It's the TV Guide inside spread. LOL Putting our Queen next to a certain BG sexpot seems like a perfect example of "form over substance".

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...cifiLineup.jpg

It should have been Janet Fraiser standing next to Sam! (Sigh) Let's hope better days are coming .... S9 will be here before you know it.

Have a great day, those of you who can play and not have to earn a paycheck today!

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                      Great cake Lys! You've taken my job, though.

Sorry I didn't get to say it sooner, but:

Happy Birthday 1Speed4Sam!

As for those "bulges", care to share some pics?

Now, for something serious, I'm so jealous you are just now getting to watch SG-1....I've seen them so many times, but I still enjoy them. However, it would be nice, if there was just one episode I hadn't seen yet. Guess I'll have to wait a few more days, until the new season starts. I hope you get as many years of great watching enjoyment as I have. (And you will note, our Queen remains lovely and unspoiled throughout her entire 8 years...amazing!)
                      Sorry Atteria, unless the Royal Accountant's been snapping away while I wasn't looking, the only photo in existence is the one which appeared in the Oh Yea Times (phew!!!).

And I suppose I am lucky that I can watch the whole saga unfold in my own time, without ad breaks or gaps of a week (or more) between eps to break the flow. That said, I am starting to understand all the anticipation / antsiness people have been suffering waiting for the new season to start.

1s4S

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                        Hi everybody *waves*

Thanks for the birthday greetings and cakes - I hope you're all going to help me eat them, otherwise there'll be bulges in my cycling shorts where there shouldn't oughta be any.
                        Thanks for sharing the cake 1s4S! And have a very happy birthday!

Hugs,
                        Strix

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          You know, I'm not sure if TPTB realize how much of a little pep squad they have in Amanda. Because more than anything, it's her genuine kindness and wanting to make everyone feel welcomed and appreciated that has made the show seem so close knit to me.

With other shows, when someone leaves you always seem to hear about the animosity that surrounded the set while that person was a part of the show, and yet with Amanda, she always goes out of her way to express the positive contributions that each person made/makes. She did it with Michael, Cormin, David and she's doing it yet again with RDA. It's for this reason that I admire her so deeply.

It's very easy for each of us to see the negative aspects of life when we are down or frustrated. I know, I for one, am very much like this; but Amanda seems to have this wonderful ability to look past the negatives and find something good in almost every situation. Even when people constantly push the negatives in her face, via questions/interviews, she will often agree that they exist and yet offer a positive side as well. I truly commend her for being such a uplifting and genuinely thoughtful person. I can't express how much she has changed my views on life itself since I began to learn about her.

I know many people look at Sam Carter and see this wonderful role model, a strong and intelligent woman who has achieved and done more than most of us have ever dreamt; and yet when I look deep down inside myself and think of all the things I wished I had become or done, nothing seems as important to me as wishing I were more compassionate, understanding, giving, nuturing and loving.

Try as I might, I feel as if it's a daily struggle to improve these aspects of myself. And yet just when I feel as if I might give up, I need only look at Amanda and see her genuine kindness towards others and all my doubts seem to go away. It's as if she's become this beacon of hope that makes me want to strive a bit harder, to reach down a bit deeper and become the person I know I'm truly capable of becoming.

This may seem very silly to others, but over the past year there has been one thing about myself that I have tried desperately to change. It's such a tiny, little thing; and yet I never realized until I had become so captivated by Amanda how much it could change my life... and that was simply to greet each new day with a smile upon my face. It seemed like such a simple request at first. Smile. Yes, it's easy enough to make yourself smile at will. To smile at your child, your spouse, the mailman...the clerk at the grocery store. Perhaps I am in the minority but to remove the perpetual frown from my face and replace it with a smile has been a very hard task to accomplish, but I'm finding it's well worth it.

So I'll just tack 'smile' down to the long list of things of why I truly admire Amanda.
                          Lovely post...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                            Shh ! No ! It's a secret medecine. I put some drugs into the cake. If 1speed4sam takes in horse riding, he's in immediate danger of an aching back or worse. So I put something that will erase all of his ideas of horse riding and climbing hills in the same sentence.
                            * !!! BORING FACT ALERT !!! *

Under the laws governing English (and Welsh) Rights of Way, a mountain bike is regarded as being the equivalent of a horse, which is why we are restricted to riding on bridleways or routes of a higher status.

* END OF BORING FACT *

Just thought you'd like to know. Hope this doesn't affect the recipe of the (not-so) secret medecine.

1s4S

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                              * !!! BORING FACT ALERT !!! *

Under the laws governing English (and Welsh) Rights of Way, a mountain bike is regarded as being the equivalent of a horse, which is why we are restricted to riding on bridleways or routes of a higher status.

* END OF BORING FACT *

Just thought you'd like to know. Hope this doesn't affect the recipe of the (not-so) secret medecine.

1s4S
                              What about Scotland ?

Comment

a very happy birthday 1 speed!!!
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X