Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmovies
    Yea, I got the lousely TV Guide in the mail today w/o Amanda on the cover. Went to Kroger to get the other cover, but guess what, they didn't have any of them. I'll keep checking til I get the one with Amanda. Really don't like seeing her on the cover with BB-kinda a sinking feeling-a little sick to my stomach!
    i need to get out and find me one too
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      Gosh, I hope it's not entirely a male/female perspective... While I may be frequently mistaken for a man, I'm very definitely female! I, like, have pictures of myself in dresses and things... I've even been known to wear heart-shaped necklaces and pearls!
      And the Royal Foot-in-Mouth Award goes to ... (drum roll) ...

Chopin Gal

Dear Royal Bodyguard ... I am so sorry that you kind of misinterpreted my good intentions. Let me explain what I meant, or at least try to ... er ... if I could just extricate my big toe from ... aah! That's better ... got it out of my mouth ... and I'm talking ....

Here's the scoop: in my mind, I saw your wonderful flag designs as quite vivid in color and bold ... and using that frame, compared to Lys, it did seem that the boldness of your design appeared more masculine in nature (nothing to do with the designer!).

Think Betsy Ross ... now that gal put together quite a bold design herself ... there she was in her skirt and pearls and girly-girl getup ... but, if you didn't know who produced the flag ... by gosh, those old founding fathers probably took a look at the bold and daring design of the stars and stripes and whatever ... and all that linear construction and penetrating color and, hot dang, those patriarchs just knew they had themselves one good-looking manly flag for the new nation.

Well, that's how I felt about your blue-and-green flag - it was right on! It had nothing to due with your own gender!!! But, then, sigh, I saw Lys's blue jello and circular stargate and cute-as-a-button Sam in the middle flashing her sweet blue eyes ... and I just thought of it as more soft and feminine. Somehow, even though the colors were just as bold, Sam's face had softened the perspective of the design (for me).

Oh Lord ... I'm headin' for the Royal Liquor Cabinet right now ... are you there Royal Accountant?! Open up and let me in ... I need to calm these nerves .... Hey, Keeper? Madam VP? Anyone out there? Help!!

Jester (who promises, in the future, to engage her brain before speaking)

Comment

I just had a scare that is about as off-topic as it gets...but I wanted to share it my Samandan friends.

My brother Ben called and told us that we came very close to losing his youngest. He has 5 kids...Emily, Erika, Evalyn, Ethan and Ezra.

Ezra, a very young little sweetie (18 months old), was in his crib...and it was bedtime.

For some reason, someone had to go back upstairs and get some water...and as a result, heard him gasping for air. My sister in law Nicole called 911 and the paramedics and police came running. They couldn't figure out what was going on and at first thought he was maybe choking on something he had put in his mouth.

Nic went to the emergency room with him and they finally figured out that he had some serious issues with acid reflux...that it had somehow blocked his esophagus up and was therefore unable to catch his breath. They were able to alleviate the blockage and I think he'll be on some medication to keep the problem at bay. Poor Nic was at the ER all night long and was exhausted but both parents are indeed happy that Ezra will be okay.

There was no reason for anyone to go upstairs and it was a miracle they heard it even then because the gasping was soft and almost inaudible.

My brother continued to say that it was clear to him that God was watching out for his youngest son because Ezra most certainly would not have survived the night.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          I just had a scare that is about as off-topic as it gets...but I wanted to share it my Samandan friends.

My brother Ben called and told us that we came very close to losing his youngest. He has 5 kids...Emily, Erika, Evalyn, Ethan and Ezra.

Ezra, a very young little sweetie (18 months old), was in his crib...and it was bedtime.

For some reason, someone had to go back upstairs and get some water...and as a result, heard him gasping for air. My sister in law Nicole called 911 and the paramedics and police came running. They couldn't figure out what was going on and at first thought he was maybe choking on something he had put in his mouth.

Nic went to the emergency room with him and they finally figured out that he had some serious issues with acid reflux...that it had somehow blocked his esophagus up and was therefore unable to catch his breath. They were able to alleviate the blockage and I think he'll be on some medication to keep the problem at bay. Poor Nic was at the ER all night long and was exhausted but both parents are indeed happy that Ezra will be okay.

There was no reason for anyone to go upstairs and it was a miracle they heard it even then because the gasping was soft and almost inaudible.

My brother continued to say that it was clear to him that God was watching out for his youngest son because Ezra most certainly would not have survived the night.

Oh (((((Uber))))) I'm so glad that little Ezra is okay. God was indeed watching over him.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
            That's the one that I got as well. I wonder if that's what all the subscribers got. I adored Amanda's quote about Rick. It's nice to know that at least someone there misses him!
            leave it to amanda (again) to be the one to acknowledge rda participation.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

It was fascinating to read all the wonderfully intelligent insights about Sam and her belief system. Well done, Samandans! You've all made some very good points to argue for or against.

I would probably wager that, as Sam is now growing older and dealing with even more loss (Janet and Jacob) and her past personal moral decisions (refusing to leave Cassie alone; killing Martouf; breaking up with Pete rather than living a lie) she would probably begin to think more deeply about life's larger meanings. Maybe her youthful confidence in the absolute truth of science has been shaken by even more advanced threats (Replicarter and Anubis) and she may be looking more towards a spirituality that provides some new framework for all that's happening. I see her as spiritual ... loving the beauty of science and nature but not necessarily as religious and professing a doctrine or dogma. I think, too, that she left formal religion behind her when she was a teen and her mother died. In fact, it seems that science became her comfort and her religion. Does that make sense?

You all have written much more profoundly on this than I. All the posts are worth reading again and then reflecting on our own personal belief or non-belief system. Great original post ... whoever first raised the question.

One cliche keeps running through my mind ... I think it's a quote from WWI or WWII: "there are no atheists in foxholes". Would Sam or Jack feel that way too on some of their do-or-die missions? We'll have to supply our own answers.

Comment

How ironic that the thread has been talking about religion and spiritual matters right now ... and, yes, it seems that some guardian angel was calling your family back up those stairs. So glad for all of you that there was a happy ending. And, yes, they will be able to regulate the problem with meds ... my little granddaughter, Olivia, suffered from this when she was less than a year old and it got better as she grew older. Hopefully, Ezra will outgrow the problem too.

Hugs, CG

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  Today's a great day in Samanda !

A new statue of our Queen has been erected in the castle's park.
                  The material was kindly provided by Her Majesty's great friend, Thor, Supreme Commander of the Asgard Fleet.

C'est magnifique! Great job!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                    Sorry, had to take a break to see and hear the fireworks. What a show Philly put on tonight and thru-out the weekend. I never saw better fireworks and with the Art Museum lit by lasers, it was amazing!! BTW, guess who was hosting the show tonight? One of our favorite Jaffas and personal friend of RDA. (wink wink)

OK, back to the topic at hand. I think Sky and Sal are correct. I too always felt that Sam, as a child, attended church, prob. a Protestant church (don't ask me which one, I couldn't even hazard a guess), but after her Mom's death, I think she grew away, not only from her father, but also from the church, and the Air Force became her "home" and science, her "religion". However, as she matured, and became a part of the SGC, I think the combination of all she lived through, all the suffering and the joy.....the "resurrection" of her dad, the death's of so many that were dear to her, and finally, Daniel's ascension, did make her realize that there is more to life, than that we know on earth.

Whoa, where did that come from?

Anyway, very interesting topic, and one that can be discussed here, without open warfare. I love this thread and everyone who posts here. Do I say that too often? Sorry, but you are all so intelligent, talented and so open to new ideas. It's wonderful. I'm not afraid to post an opinion or a stupid joke. I know I'm not going to be flammed. If someone disagrees, they just say so and point out why. And if I'm in a silly mood, and post silly pictures, everyone accepts that, without question. If AT ever wanted to get an idea of her true fan base, she only needs to come here and read a bit.

I'll shut up now. Hubby is asleep on the sofa, with our pup lying on top of him. He has an early call and a long day, so I better hustle him to bed. That should only take about 40 minutes.

I have to try and start getting the house together tomorrow, so if I'm posting, please remind me to get back to work. I have a lot to do before the 18th, the first being to try and hook up my new DVD player. I HAVE to record the marathons this week and I need to be able to program it to record the shows I'll miss when I'm not home. Good thing I have a few days, as DVD players and I have a long history of problems.

Good night to those in N. America and to those in the UK, shouldn't you be asleep???? Or are you REALLY early risers? Maybe I better set up a coffee and cappacino (?sp) bar in here.
                    Great and thoughtful post ... but you've got me! I was busy writing your laptop song about the time of the fireworks so didn't put the telly on and who is the Jaffa friend of RDA that I missed?!!

Good luck with the DVD configuration ... you'll still need time to master the new laptop too!

Comment

((((((((( Atteria ))))))))))) I would like to put my vote in .... #3 Flowery please

Comment

Uber, I don't know what to say, except I'm so happy that everthing worked out well. I'm certain Ezra will eventually outgrow this problem and the meds he is probably on, should be fine and will prevent this from happening again.

Surely, someone was watching over him and your family.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
                          1speed4Sam

pic fr uber or rdanderson site

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            A great few posts, Carterslave. I've apparently repped you to recently to do so again, so take this red, white and BLUE jello instead.
                            Rep points are respect but blue jello is love. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
                            Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            Ditto from me, Carterslave. I can't rep you either right now, but consider yourself appreciated!
                            Are you guys trying to make me cry? You darn well might succeed. Here's a little something by way of a 'thank you.'

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                              I don’t think this will qualify as a “coat of arms”. Everything I saw on the web had guns and swords and other unkind things. Of course, I could have supplied guns and swords, but Samanda is such a friendly and kind place I decided to decline.

As I said to Lys earlier, I don’t know what this should be called. I guess the closest is a plaque. Anyway, here it is and I look forward to suggestions for improvement! I hope to be able to keep up with Lys….

Samanda Plaque

Thanks to Kat for the Kingdom pic and Astrog for the gate and jello! Couldn't have done this without their help.
                              This is so cool. I love it!
                              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                              Hic Comitas Regit
                              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Happy Birthday 1speed4Sam!!!

"Happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear 1s4S, Happy Birthday to you!

We need cake!
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X