No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no way to make comments on all the posts! You are posting fiends.

First, CONGRATS to Lys, our new Royal Pharmacist and to Lida, returning to once again be our Royal Physician. What a pair you two should make.

Congrats to ForeverSg-1 and ChopinGal, for achieving new milestones in posting. Really great job on the plaque SamFan31, I love it. Also, are we going to vote for flags? Right now, I have to be truly unoriginal, and go with #5.

AND, the voting for the "special occasion cake" will close tomorrow evening. I'll post a pic of the cakes again, so any that missed them, due to the flurry of weeekend posts, will have a chance to vote.

1. Traditional
    2. Fantasy
    3. Flowery
    4. Art Deco
    5. Unusual
    6. Totally Whacked Out!

To date, we have 5 votes for Flowery (#3), 4 votes for Fantasy (#2), 2 votes for Totally Whacked Out (#6), and 2 votes for Unusual (#5). Please make your voice heard. Sam may be needing a cake soon (hope springs eternal).

As a quick note, sorry, but I haven't had my surgery yet. A complication forced my very cute doc to cancel the surgery and reschedule it for July 18th. At least it's AFTER the 15th! I'll keep you posted, as once I go in hospital, I'll probably be unable to use my pc for awhile. Boo! Unless I can goad someone into buying me the laptop I've been eyeing and hinting about, for the past 2 weeks. LOL We'll see. I hate to play the sympathy card, but I REALLY want that laptop. WAIT! I've got it! I'll just say that if I had a laptop, I could continue to post here and you all would help to speed my recovery...laughter IS the best medicine. Think Lida would write me a note????

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
      Not really shippy. Thinking about the character over and above the 'ship aspect, bit more about the underlying personality.
      eg. Life would be so much easier if everyone stopped expecting me to have the answer for everything.

Thanks for the second part, I'm going to dig out the relevant eps now.
      ok, then i do think that sm would be tired of everyone wanting her to have the answers. i was watching icon yesterday, and in it again, jack was 'you'll figure something out'

just like he did in matter of time and red sky and other episodes i can't think of at the moment

that's a lot of pressure to be on a person. 'you'll think of something'

sam did touch on that in redemption. and i do think it's something that's a part of her character. tht constant stress of peopel expecting her to know all the answers
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
        Double congratulations to Atteria, first for a successful recovery from surgery and secondly for making an SG-1/Sam fan out of her husband.
        God willing, etc., I should be at the Burbank Creation event, although Teryl Rothery's 11th-hour cancellation (something about landing a role in a TV pilot) really took the air out of my tires. It may be heresy to say this on a Sam-centric thread but if Teryl weren't on the bill I wouldn't have booked the trip to start with. Besides, I don't know if I'm ready to handle meeting The Blonde One face-to-face yet. I'd probably have a very, very bad fanbody moment.
        Anyway, wish me luck.
        Hey Carterslave if your going to be in Burbank this weekend look me up - I'm driving down Friday morning and leaving Sunday night. My seat assigment for the weekend is C38. I saw TR in Vancouver and was looking forward to seeing her again, it's a bummer that she will not able to attend.

I'm also going to be at Comic Con next week - I had plans to be at Comic Con from Wed - Fri but with the addition of AT, Ben Browder & Beau Bridges to the list for Saturday I have worked it out to stay until Sat evening.
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
          I don’t think this will qualify as a “coat of arms”. Everything I saw on the web had guns and swords and other unkind things. Of course, I could have supplied guns and swords, but Samanda is such a friendly and kind place I decided to decline.

As I said to Lys earlier, I don’t know what this should be called. I guess the closest is a plaque. Anyway, here it is and I look forward to suggestions for improvement! I hope to be able to keep up with Lys….

Samanda Plaque
          Very Cool - Great Job

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria

... As a quick note, sorry, but I haven't had my surgery yet. A complication forced my very cute doc to cancel the surgery and reschedule it for July 18th. At least it's AFTER the 15th! I'll keep you posted, as once I go in hospital, I'll probably be unable to use my pc for awhile. Boo! Unless I can goad someone into buying me the laptop I've been eyeing and hinting about, for the past 2 weeks. LOL We'll see. I hate to play the sympathy card, but I REALLY want that laptop. WAIT! I've got it! I'll just say that if I had a laptop, I could continue to post here and you all would help to speed my recovery...laughter IS the best medicine. Think Lida would write me a note????
            Okay, desperate times require desperate measures ... this one's for you Royal Baker ... to be sung to the tune of "Over the Rainbow" ... accompanied by a terrific dinner and candlelight and your bunny slippers under the table ... don't forget the fresh flowers and his favorite brew ....

Somewhere over the Stargate
            Laptops fly ...
            They fly over the Stargate
            Why not oh why not buy?

Samanda waits
            Friends wait over the Stargate
            I can't be, I can't be late

Where tiny little fingers type
            And instant messages delight
            Is where you'll find me

Just posting pasting editing
            Lots of laughs and bantering
            Will end my misery

There's a space
            Good times over the Stargate
            Laughter's the healing grace

If other hubbies can provide
            Their wives a laptop and hard drive
            Then so must, so must you ....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...computer-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              i think it's very possible that amanda will bring olivia to the con, but we wont' see her. the little princess will likely stay in the green room with her nanny
              i hope, if amanda brings olivia (which i think she will), she'll bring her on stage for a moment. just a quickie, then give her back to the nanny.

i don't blame amanda for being cautious. rda has been of wylie, in fact, i think all the boys have been of thier children
              there's a pic of rick with a baby wylie (i have it). it's a *beautiful* picture.... *sigh*

especially in amanda's case, i don't blame her. she's had some very real stalkers at cons. even a few years ago, before security became an issue, she had to have 'real' security folks accompany her because she had a couple of overenthusiastic fans

now i've never heard about this. was this 'happy' fans that wanted to see amanda, or someone to be frightened of?

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                I don’t think this will qualify as a “coat of arms”. Everything I saw on the web had guns and swords and other unkind things. Of course, I could have supplied guns and swords, but Samanda is such a friendly and kind place I decided to decline.

As I said to Lys earlier, I don’t know what this should be called. I guess the closest is a plaque. Anyway, here it is and I look forward to suggestions for improvement! I hope to be able to keep up with Lys….

Samanda Plaque

Thanks to Kat for the Kingdom pic and Astrog for the gate and jello! Couldn't have done this without their help.
                you guys are so talented! this, and those wonderful flags... i'm proud.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

YES!!!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Okay, desperate times require desperate measures ... this one's for you Royal Baker ... to be sung to the tune of "Over the Rainbow" ... accompanied by a terrific dinner and candlelight and your bunny slippers under the table ... don't forget the fresh flowers and his favorite brew ....

Laptops fly ...
                    Why not oh why not buy?

Samanda waits

Is where you'll find me

Will end my misery

There's a space

That is the sweetest thing I've ever read, you are so talented. I'm getting hubby in here, right now, to read it. If I tried to sing it to him, I'd nix the whole deal.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write that. I love it!!!! I'm going to make a copy and tape it up everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      now i've never heard about this. was this 'happy' fans that wanted to see amanda, or someone to be frightened of?

sally
                      i think it was more along the line of fans that don't know the boundaries.

colin for example, is listed in the phone book and wants nothing to do with the security offered at cons. Amanda plays it more cautious. it's not like she's afraid, from what i've gathered, just cautious and more wanting to avoid anything unpleasant from happening
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                        Strix had this reader on tenterhooks from the get-go. I'm guessing this is a mid-S6 story? Bringing in Ascended!Daniel is a splendid inspiration, while the characterization of O'Neill is dead-on: bringing levity to a tense situation by playing around with his latest techno-toy (in this case, the remote video camera). Also, this is the *first* fanfic I've read that makes plot-related use of Janet's microscopic stature.
                        Elsewhere, I've read that a lot of the post-S7 fanfics are slugged as "AU" only in the sense that Janet is still a character—b/c people don't want to stop writing for her. Awwwww! Hear that, PTB? We miss our little CMO.

Kudos to all the creativity displayed in the flag designs. I think we're going to need to have a vote-off or something. IMO, Lys started out w/ a really strong design but the addition/subtraction/rearrangement of various elements has meant that each subsequent iteration is a bit watered down, IMO. Strix's design seems to get stronger w/ each revision, OTOH. Is anyone else planning to enter the lists?
                        Thanks for the kind words about the story and my flags, Carterslave. I think there is little need for a vote-off, though, as I sense the tide is overwhelmingly in favor of Lys's designs... something I certainly cannot fault as I think they are very well done, myself.

Hugs,
                        Strix

My LJ

Comment

In the spirit of Samanda ... let me share some photos of a bonafide castle and tower I was visiting last September ... should anyone find these helpful to use towards your graphic designs or layouts, please feel free to copy and adapt!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...dII0904142.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...dII0904143.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...dII0904079.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...dII0904074.jpg

I have more of the castle from different angles and please PM or email me if you want to work with some of these as layouts! I can then send a couple more views on to you.

This is fun, isn't it?! We're building Samanda!!!
                          Great Castle Pictures -
                          Thought I would way in with a couple of my own - this castle is one that was built by my ancestors

http://img214.echo.cx/my.php?image=a...turm1029pt.jpg
                          http://img214.echo.cx/my.php?image=allstedt27hl.jpg

Comment

Laptops fly ...
                            Why not oh why not buy?

Samanda waits

Is where you'll find me

Will end my misery

There's a space

Great song - easy to sing along. And very nice sentiments. Atteria, our thoughts are with you and wishing you a speedy, madly-typing-on-your-new-laptop recovery!

Comment

ChopinGal, I showed him the poem and HE loved it. If I get that laptop now, I definitely know who to thank!

You are the BEST!

Comment

ChopinGal, this cake is for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X