Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    And still LOL about the Aschen "accountants" ... oh my, wait until Coley gets back on the board! Lys ... you'll get to know all our personalities for sure if you stick around ... our Royal Accountant actually breaks the mold ... she climbs mountains and beats 1speed4Sam up hills on her cycle! I'm trying to picture her next to that guy on the Aschen harvester ... don't think so!
    I was kicked out by a dreaded "database error" last night (grrr !) before I could see that. I'll be pleased to entertain our Royal Accountant with my little mountains !

Nice playground isn't it ?
    And I don't want any Aschen guy climbing or bike riding in my mountains !
    Wait ! They know how to climb and ride a bike ??!!!!
    And ChopinGal, I want to stick around, that is if you're all fine with a breaking-mold pharmacist too.
    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Another great rendering ... and the font seems to fit as royal script but, if someone can find something a bit more "bold" without extending it too much, then let's see what that will do. I love the orange "glow" of the chevrons complimenting the orange on the flag! Thanks, Astro, too!

Also, I know I'm driving you crazy ... but, now, do you think the two jellos should be reduced a bit more?! And, did you have less Earth peeking through Sam's face before? Hmmm ...

Love that you're taking the time to play around with this as I think our fellow Samandans will probably be quite impressed once they're done their stateside barbecues and picnics this holiday weekend. Also, our friends in England and Australia will probably start commenting by early morning. Oops - it's getting quite late for you by now, also!

Bon soir and will look for more variations on this theme tomorrow!

I hope you're saving each variation and will then be able to post all versions in one post for all of us to vote upon! That would be a good way to go, n'est-ce pas?

LOL ... omigosh ... I think I just hit a milestone of my own ... this seems to be my Post #1100!
      Congrats on the post 1100 ChopinGal !
      You're not driving me crazy, you know.
      Itried to apply your suggestions on the last versions. Here are one with the Earth patch and one with the Stargate. And I have all the variations if you want to vote. By the way this is going, I think I'm going to have one for each season ! Maybe the ninth version will be the right one.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/flag5.jpg
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/flag6.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Astrog, I just wanted to thank you for posting the 'Blue Jello Metaphor' fic.
        I absolutely loved it. So much so I decided to make a manip for it.

Please keep in mind this is a very tongue and cheek.

SuperSam

I really liked this line...

"It wasn't so much what was being said about her around base, but who was doing the saying".

I think it really says a great deal about Sam and Stargate fandom as a whole.

Kat

EDIT: Just wanted to say what a great job everyone is doing on the Samanda flags!!! Keep up the great work!!! I can't wait to see more entries. Guess I should be spending more time coming up with myown flag instead of playing with SuperSam.
        Go SuperSam go ! That's great Kat !

What about the "S" standing for SmartSam for us ? It suits her better. It's not because you smart above average that you're unrealistic as a character. It happens to real people in real life. Sadly, they often have to deal with the same reaction as Sam in Stargate fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          My guess is probably not...maybe when she gets a little older...but my bet is that Amanda's going to be uber protective of her little angel and keep her out of the spotlight as long as possible.

If I'm wrong though (as is wont to happen from time to time), I hope someone takes a picture of her...as I'm dying to see her too...

My wish is that Amanda keeps her little girl out of the spotlight. Like every child, Olivia needs a normal childhood. I wouldn't blame our Queen if she didn't want any picture taken too. The more Olivia is away of the press, the more she's likely to have a nice and happy childhood. That's all I wish to Amanda's little angel.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
            Congrats on the post 1100 ChopinGal !
            You're not driving me crazy, you know.
            Itried to apply your suggestions on the last versions. Here are one with the Earth patch and one with the Stargate. And I have all the variations if you want to vote. By the way this is going, I think I'm going to have one for each season ! Maybe the ninth version will be the right one.
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/flag5.jpg
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/flag6.jpg
            Lys, the flags are coming along great! You are doing a super job. I gave up after I saw how nicely yours were coming along.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
              My wish is that Amanda keeps her little girl out of the spotlight. Like every child, Olivia needs a normal childhood. I wouldn't blame our Queen if she didn't want any picture taken too. The more Olivia is away of the press, the more she's likely to have a nice and happy childhood. That's all I wish to Amanda's little angel.
              I agree.

The selfish part of me wants to see her...but I want her to be taken care of and shown to us in her mommy's time not ours...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                Lys, the flags are coming along great! You are doing a super job. I gave up after I saw how nicely yours were coming along.
                Aah ! No ! Don't give up ! Please ! The more the merrier ! I want my hat to fit my head, and if anyone keeps praising my little attempts at Photoshop, my head is going to explode soon !

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                  I would have loved to be going to the Burbank Con, I think it's going to be the best Con of the summer, except for AT's appearance at Gatecon. I can't believe I can't go to any. I'm really and truly pissed.
                  Double congratulations to Atteria, first for a successful recovery from surgery and secondly for making an SG-1/Sam fan out of her husband.
                  God willing, etc., I should be at the Burbank Creation event, although Teryl Rothery's 11th-hour cancellation (something about landing a role in a TV pilot) really took the air out of my tires. It may be heresy to say this on a Sam-centric thread but if Teryl weren't on the bill I wouldn't have booked the trip to start with. Besides, I don't know if I'm ready to handle meeting The Blonde One face-to-face yet. I'd probably have a very, very bad fanbody moment.
                  Anyway, wish me luck.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                    Aah ! No ! Don't give up ! Please ! The more the merrier ! I want my hat to fit my head, and if anyone keeps praising my little attempts at Photoshop, my head is going to explode soon !
                    I haven't totally given up, just switched gears. Since we have a kingdom, a queen, a citizen population and shortly, a flag I thought perhaps we could use a family crest/coat of arms/plague (I don't know what to call it!)

Anyway, I hope to post something tomorrow (oops, I guess that's actually today)!

Comment

I haven't totally given up, just switched gears. Since we have a kingdom, a queen, a citizen population and shortly, a flag I thought perhaps we could use a family crest/coat of arms/plague (I don't know what to call it!)

Anyway, I hope to post something tomorrow (oops, I guess that's actually today)!
                      I can't wait to see what you're doing! Don't forget our Queen's crown on the top.
                      I don't know for you, but here, yes, it's today !

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                        Double congratulations to Atteria, first for a successful recovery from surgery and secondly for making an SG-1/Sam fan out of her husband.
                        God willing, etc., I should be at the Burbank Creation event, although Teryl Rothery's 11th-hour cancellation (something about landing a role in a TV pilot) really took the air out of my tires. It may be heresy to say this on a Sam-centric thread but if Teryl weren't on the bill I wouldn't have booked the trip to start with. Besides, I don't know if I'm ready to handle meeting The Blonde One face-to-face yet. I'd probably have a very, very bad fanbody moment.
                        Anyway, wish me luck.
                        Aah, CS, what a bummer for you. Even in your misery you never cease to make me laugh. A very bad fanbody moment!! That's scary. Let us know if you hear more about TR's role in the TV pilot.

And good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          So, I think it’s in Sam to do it…..especially to someone who has killed and tried to kill them so many times. Sounds good to me! Ba’al really deserves it, especially after what he did to Jack! I think she could……

As to the Rodney McKay discussion, I really hated the way the character interacted with Sam…..but still found myself strangely intrigued by him. He was such an arrogant MCP…..and he and Sam were oil and water together. I can’t imagine anyone seeing ship potential there. He’s just not her type. We know who her type is!
                          Yes: Janet! But seriously, folks ...
                          Sam & Rodney could have had some excellent sparkage, in the vein of Nick & Nora Charles. More ongoing war-of-the-sexes badinage between them would have been immeasurably better than the fingernails-on-chalkboard experience that was {gag!} Pete.
                          If you've seen the Atlantis Rising DVD, you'll know that David Hewlett was a very late addition to the cast. Even at the start of shooting they didn't have the principal scientific role cast. Somebody had the brilliant idea of making it McKay, Hewlett was available & the rest is TV history. And, no, I don't get any flashes of RDA when I'm watching Joe Flanigan. I think he's got a marvelous persona entirely his own. But perspectives differ ...

The idea of having Carter cold-bloodedly murder Baal bothers me no end. First off, it's wildly out of character. Even when she's had to kill with perfect justification (Seth), Sam doesn't shake it easily. Think of the guilt trip she laid on herself simply for following orders in The Other Side. This is a person who takes her actions very seriously & tends to nurse her psychic wounds for a good, long time.
                          As bad as Baal is, he's not as completely divorced from human feeling as Nirrti nor a mass-murderer like Apophis, etc. Besides, now that TPTB have rewritten him as The Cuddly Goa'uld, it's a bit late to off him, I 'spose. Would we want Sam descending to the level of the Goa'uld anyway?
                          There's a cautionary tale in the fate of one of my other favorite TV characters, Det. Faith Yokas, on Third Watch. In the show's final season, TPTB had her kill another character in cold blood (and w/o consequences), which pushed away a number of people who had been her fans. It was an ill-advised plot twist that undermined the moral stature of arguably the show's most popular character.
                          Sam "This Time It's Personal" Carter? Not for me, thanks.

Comment

And still LOL about the Aschen "accountants" ... oh my, wait until Coley gets back on the board! Lys ... you'll get to know all our personalities for sure if you stick around ... our Royal Accountant actually breaks the mold ... she climbs mountains and beats 1speed4Sam up hills on her cycle!
                            Hey, CG - don't believe everything our beloved Royal Accountant tells you!!! Just once in a while, I do actually leave her behind, twiddling away in one of her multitude of little gears while I stomp off into the distance in my one and only big gear.

OK, so she always catches up with me when my lungs give out, but it's fun while it lasts, making her eat my dust (and anything else the back tyre might throw up ).

Congrats on your 1100th post!!!

1s4S
                            Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 04 July 2005, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Aah, CS, what a bummer for you. Even in your misery you never cease to make me laugh. A very bad fanbody moment!! That's scary. Let us know if you hear more about TR's role in the TV pilot. And good luck!
                              Uh ... ummmmm ... well, I meant to write "fanboy." Or maybe I was just aiming for gender-neutral language. Yeahhhhh, that's the ticket.
                              A friend warned me not to turn into "a puddle of goo" if I met TR, so I guess my solubility will go untested. As for The Blonde One, I'd better be prepared to hyperventilate—at minimum—if I ever bump into her. Is it my fault that godesses walk the halls of the SGC?

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                                I love the post card! It's so cool.
                                Kat, I'm re-echoing LadyJeep and have now made your postcard my "happy place" to go! It's a great visualization for meditation. I love that Astro ended the book with the Kingdom of Samanda imagery! And now we have the motto to go with it.

Once again, can someone tell me if the "group photo" ever got done? If so, where can we view it?!

The kingdom is certainly ready for the return of the Queen in a few more weeks!

Comment

Working...
                                X