Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lys
    That will be easy since you "speed for Sam"
    Hmm, I suspect the Royal Accountant would have something to say about that. And it probably wouldn't be very complimentary...

1s4S

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
      For ChopinGal, another flag with the blue jello :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/flag2.jpg
      Wow ... this is really shaping up! I like it much better now, but, having been an artist in a prior life ... the design may be getting "too busy" and what if you were to eliminate those little thingies (BTW, please forgive me but I had to reinstall my old PC monitor this afternoon to send back my second replacement FP from DELL (grrr) and now, with the much smaller screen, I'm not quite sure what your little icons are at every corner ... are they spaceships? Lights or torches? With the blue jello in the middle now, that seems a bit much. And, yet, everything about the blue jello seems so right and I LOL when I first saw it ... may I ask you to tweak it again? This time, how about taking out the four original icons and then reducing the size of the blue jello and then possibly making the blue jello the four corner icons and leaving the white strip bare? How would that look? Other option: leave the four corners bare and possibly reduce the blue jellos on the white stripe and leave them in the middle. Can you show us both versions of this ... we just don't want the blue jello to over power the middle circle of Sam and earth and SGC symbol ...

Tres bien, mais jouez encore, s'il vous plait! You are really giving us something quite good - thanks so much!

And, now, going OT, I must make "the dreaded phone call to the outsourced nether regions of DELL service" and convince these fellas that they have sent me a second defective FP monitor and this is getting to be frustrating as heck! Two bad screens within two months - thank goodness it's still under warranty!

Carry on, all! I'm squinting as I type this ... Royal Hens are not supposed to have to contend with small print at their age!

Comment

Right, got to go now. Before I do, I'd just like to wish the relevant people:-

a) (a belated) Happy Canada Day!!!

b) (belated) Congrats on Post 1000!!! (x2)

c) (an early) Happy 4th July!!!

1s4S

Comment

or, my suggestion, move the 4 chevrons onto the circle in the middle, two on each side, and leave the jello
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
            Hmm, I suspect the Royal Accountant would have something to say about that. And it probably wouldn't be very complimentary...

1s4S
            Because you have accountants on Samandan ? Oh My God ! Look at the Ashens ! They were from a planet of accountants !
            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Wow ... this is really shaping up! I like it much better now, but, having been an artist in a prior life ... the design may be getting "too busy" and what if you were to eliminate those little thingies (BTW, please forgive me but I had to reinstall my old PC monitor this afternoon to send back my second replacement FP from DELL (grrr) and now, with the much smaller screen, I'm not quite sure what your little icons are at every corner ... are they spaceships? Lights or torches? With the blue jello in the middle now, that seems a bit much. And, yet, everything about the blue jello seems so right and I LOL when I first saw it ... may I ask you to tweak it again? This time, how about taking out the four original icons and then reducing the size of the blue jello and then possibly making the blue jello the four corner icons and leaving the white strip bare? How would that look? Other option: leave the four corners bare and possibly reduce the blue jellos on the white stripe and leave them in the middle. Can you show us both versions of this ... we just don't want the blue jello to over power the middle circle of Sam and earth and SGC symbol ...

Tres bien, mais jouez encore, s'il vous plait! You are really giving us something quite good - thanks so much!

And, now, going OT, I must make "the dreaded phone call to the outsourced nether regions of DELL service" and convince these fellas that they have sent me a second defective FP monitor and this is getting to be frustrating as heck! Two bad screens within two months - thank goodness it's still under warranty!

Carry on, all! I'm squinting as I type this ... Royal Hens are not supposed to have to contend with small print at their age!
              OK. I tried the one with the blue jellos on the four corners but it doesn't come out good because of the blue color of the jello on the blue strip.
              Here's the one without the chevrons and with a reduced jello.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/flag3.jpg

Comment

To celebrate the fourth of July and of course my American hero Lt. Col. Samantha Carter (well my FICTIONAL American hero at least ), I made this little avatar for use with MSN...

Then I thought you might all like to see it so here it is...If you'd like to use it...feel free to do so!

Last edited by Uber; 03 July 2005, 02:03 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  or, my suggestion, move the 4 chevrons onto the circle in the middle, two on each side, and leave the jello
                  Instead of moving the chevrons, I'm trying to do something with the gate Astro provided so nicely. I hope it'll come out good. (crossing my fingers)

Comment

ROTFL ... thanks, Sky ... they're CHEVRONS from the Stargate ... now that's cool and, obviously Census Taker is not yet a Royal Hen!

Yes, if we moved them inside the circle and then slightly reduced the size of the blue jello on either side ... that's another good possibility!

And still LOL about the Aschen "accountants" ... oh my, wait until Coley gets back on the board! Lys ... you'll get to know all our personalities for sure if you stick around ... our Royal Accountant actually breaks the mold ... she climbs mountains and beats 1speed4Sam up hills on her cycle! I'm trying to picture her next to that guy on the Aschen harvester ... don't think so!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      To celebrate the fourth of July and of course my American hero Lt. Col. Samantha Carter (well my FICTIONAL American hero at least ), I made this little avatar for use with MSN...

Then I thought you might all like to see it so here it is...If you'd like to use it...feel free to do so!

Royal Photographer gets the patriotic jelly beans for this one - it's great, Uber!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...JellyBeans.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                        OK. I tried the one with the blue jellos on the four corners but it doesn't come out good because of the blue color of the jello on the blue strip.

This is definitely a contender! And I see what you mean about the color washing out the jello ... this size jello seems to fit well.

And, waiting to see your new Stargate design too!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

I love the flag! Great job, Lys! I have only one suggestion. Our motto seems to fade away a little. How about a font that isn't so thin, or making it a little larger? I'm not sure what it needs. I know you can figure it out. It just doesn't seem to read strong enough, balanced against the other elements. If others feel differently, I certainly won't be upset. It's just the only thing I saw that didn't seem 100% on target!

Now, fellow Samandans, I must report that I just got back from seeing War of the Worlds. Very suspenseful and good......but very dark. If you remember the 60s version, it was kind of cheesy, because special effects weren't as good then as they are now. This one is much more believable, which makes it even more frightening. I would recommend it, but not for children under 10. I'll tell you just one thing about the first of it, but I'll put it in spoiler tags for those who don't want to know even a little about it:

All through the first 30 minutes or so of the movie,
                          Spoiler:
                          people seem unable to accept what's happening. They stand around and gawk at the big pieces of equipment coming after them as if they're watching a movie. I kept thinking that I'd be getting the heck out of town and into the boondocks as fast as I could. And this thought also crossed my mind:
                          Where are the Asgard when you need them?

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            This is definitely a contender! And I see what you mean about the color washing out the jello ... this size jello seems to fit well.

And, waiting to see your new Stargate design too!
                            Here's the Stargate version, to please you !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/flag4.jpg

And thousands thanks to Astro for the Gate. ((((Astro))))
                            Last edited by Lys; 03 July 2005, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              I love the flag! Great job, Lys! I have only one suggestion. Our motto seems to fade away a little. How about a font that isn't so thin, or making it a little larger? I'm not sure what it needs. I know you can figure it out. It just doesn't seem to read strong enough, balanced against the other elements. If others feel differently, I certainly won't be upset. It's just the only thing I saw that didn't seem 100% on target!
                              I know what you mean. I'm going and try to find a suitable font for our motto. The problem is that I can't make it bigger because it would go out of the flag. And I want a font that is smooth enough to go well with the motto. Any suggestions are welcomed

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                Here's the Stargate version, to please you !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/flag4.jpg

And thousands thanks to Astro for the Gate. ((((Astro))))
                                Another great rendering ... and the font seems to fit as royal script but, if someone can find something a bit more "bold" without extending it too much, then let's see what that will do. I love the orange "glow" of the chevrons complimenting the orange on the flag! Thanks, Astro, too!

Also, I know I'm driving you crazy ... but, now, do you think the two jellos should be reduced a bit more?! And, did you have less Earth peeking through Sam's face before? Hmmm ...

Love that you're taking the time to play around with this as I think our fellow Samandans will probably be quite impressed once they're done their stateside barbecues and picnics this holiday weekend. Also, our friends in England and Australia will probably start commenting by early morning. Oops - it's getting quite late for you by now, also!

Bon soir and will look for more variations on this theme tomorrow!

I hope you're saving each variation and will then be able to post all versions in one post for all of us to vote upon! That would be a good way to go, n'est-ce pas?

LOL ... omigosh ... I think I just hit a milestone of my own ... this seems to be my Post #1100!

Comment

Working...
                                X