Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comic Con Schedule has been released and guess who is going to be there

That's right AT will be at comic con in San Deigo along with Ben Browder and Beau Bridges.

Read more here http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....87&postcount=1

Comic Con web site
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      Vala the former Goa'uld as dominatrix I can accept. I can probably forgive bare midriffs as popular culture these days (not that I necessarily approve of popular culture, mind you)...but a plunging neckline on the CMO? Please tell me you're joking. Okay, you're obviously not joking... so I'm going to go bang my head on the wall for a few moments.
      Save me a spot on that head-banging wall, Strix. Okay? Yes, it will feel so much better when we stop.
      Actually, Dr. Andromeda was the subject of a bit of dustup on the "Discussion of Answers from 'Ask Joe Mallozzi'" thread, after somebody slurped Joe about how Doc Rommie & Vala were bringing "stronger, more realistic" female characters to SG-1. Where is the "Barf" key on my computer?!?
      Dr. Andromeda's prominent chest hams are the ultimate confirmation of what I feared when this dubious casting gambit was first announced. Between that & Vala's Dungeon Mistress wardrobe, the horny-fratboy demographic would seem to be TPTB's most-desired demographic. Brandy Ledford & her butt-cleaving pants can't be far behind, at this rate.
      Where did you say that wall was?

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Samfic rec:The Blue Jello Metaphor

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Well if you way lighten the picture, you can see that her fingers are just resting on the zat gun.

It's kinda like putting your hand on the edge of an armrest...the fingers may spread out. Not a natural position if in midair, but completely natural when considering the shape of the object on which her hand is resting...

Kind of a "don't even think of taking my team away from me buster" look to it...

that is our Sam .... action lady ... leader of SG1 and future leader of SGC ... I can dream can't I. Let me see .... Gen. Samantha Carter, Ph. D. in Physics

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            I don't know if it's related or not, but there's a website called "Grace Under Pressure" which was a Heroes tribute site for Janet...
            Probably just a coincidence though
            I like the way you think, Dark; keep thinking those Janet-positive thoughts. (Rocketchick also noticed the possible Heroes tie-in, so great minds think alike.)
            We've had one season to see what the show is like w/o Fraiser and/or Hammond, and the verdict is in: it sucked. It felt, empty, cold & diminished. Those two brought heart & soul like nobody's business & were sorely missed. If Beau Bridges can't fill the considerable Don Davis vacuum, nobody can. While I'd settle—and settle gladly—for a one-episode return of Dr. Fraiser, if there's any chance of a multi-episode Janet arc, well, from your lips Agent Dark to TPTB's ears.
            http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/684/4x16089rc.jpg
            Just think of all the great AT/TR chemistry we've been missing ...
            http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4064/2010full2bw.jpg
            Last edited by Carterslave; 03 July 2005, 12:44 PM. Reason: at Skydiver's request

Comment

Been out of town all weekend at a wedding, get back and:
              New Sam/Amanda pics to drool over!!!
              *is very happy*

She's looking great in them...

And definately read that fic that Astro recced a few posts up - *very* good Sam/Team fic. A must for any Sam Fan. So read - now

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                Terrific recommendation! Thank you AstroG.
                Last edited by SamFan31; 02 July 2005, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                  A message from your Royal Baker/Chef: As I am already late for a weekend celebration/concert, I am presenting your July 4th feast today. As always, the food is guaranteed not to go to your hips, or any other place you deem unacceptable. Enjoy the weekend and for those in the States, enjoy the holiday! Let the feasting begin!

Enjoy!!!!!!

Mmmmmm very nice
                  Tara very happy to join in with her U.S. friends on their special day that is coming up!
                  ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                    Hic Comitas Regit

I love it! You get my vote!
                    i vote YES too!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      My hubby thinks all my Stargate interest is a bit crazy, but he doesn't mind. He's actually quite supportive of it all. In fact, he's spent the past few days transferring all my season 8 episodes from our tivo to dvd's so I can make screen caps, ect. I've even got him eager to go to Gabit if/when it's rescheduled. He's already said he'll drop me off at the party and he'll go sightseeing until I'm done. I have to admit, he's definitely a keeper.

My husband is not a scifi at all but when i told him i had bought tickets for Gabit events and said it was Amanda Tapping who we would be seeing, he said somthing along the lines of, oh that lady who plays the soldier, ok!
                      So although he'll sit and watch her on stage (i told him she has a comedy background) he will take off and do his own thing as well.
                      I'm just happy that i can sure some of this with him as it means alot to me to be able to just say hello to Amanda and thank her in person for making Sam such an interesting character to watch over the years, add that to the fact that i've never been to a con before let alone ever meet anyone famous!
                      ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Hmmm. I think she just loves her spanky Zat holster.

You know Sam and her guns...I mean, she usually's resting her hands on her P90...but with none in the pic...well, Sam's gotta showcase her love for her weaponry.
                        oh, that reminds me, i had another sam dream!

as i've said before, i dream stargate as though i'm watching an ep. anyhoo... sam and teal'c are on a planet together, hiding behind a stone wall. the only part i can remember is sam and t talking, while sam occasionally fires on the enemy. t wants her to return to earth for safety, but sam's saying she can take care of herself, etc. i remember her tapping the side of the stone wall, and this gun falling into her hands. then she babbles some more to t, and then taps the wall again and a gun from higher up the wall just falls into her hands and she fires on the enemy. in the dream, i'm watching this on tv, and when she does that last maneuver (the gun falling from high up), i get so excited and say to my mom that i can't wait to tell everyone here. and i laugh because i think it's so cool... and it woke me up. but the scene was great!

THEN, i must have had some other sam-centric dream, because i remember waking up again and immediately thinking about an idea for an ep... and then i fell asleep again and dreamed more on that idea! and all i can remember of this dream is sam's gotten infected by something that's changing her into 'something'... and she's going to turn blue in the process. but the dream went off into something else i guess, because i can't remember anything else about it.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          i might be giving away something that's already been revealed, BUT... AMANDA'S GOING TO BE ON THE COVER OF THE TV GUIDE!!!

there's four covers:

* ben (stargate), joe (atlantis), and some blond chick (battlestar galactica)

* amanda and ben (stargate)

* some ppl from atlantis

* some ppl from battlestar

AMANDA! TV GUIDE COVER! YEEEEESSS!

*takes moment to breath*

sally
                          Okay Sally I'm going a bit off topic but you had me ROFL at the Blond Chick post for Tricia Helfer. I'm not a huge fan of here character on BSG but I really enjoyed meeting her at the BSG Con - she is so down to earth - I'd love to see her and AT is something together.
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                            OOOOHH....I got chills!! I like the way you say that!!
                            Anybody notice that Amanda is making the "peace" sign (albeit inverted) in that pose? After all, The Blonde One is known to sign her letters with "peace and love." A silent shout-out to her fans? I believe so.
                            Right on, sister!

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
                              Hello Samanda

I just bought the season 1 and 2 dvd sets and watched COTG. It was fun to look at it after 8 years. It's still as good. Full frontal nudity I didn't remember though, and I'm not sure it was that necessary. My husband liked it though I was wondering if there had been a mentionned somewhere that Sam watched MacGyver, and there it was. When she getting excited at the DHD.

Sam: It took us fifteen years and three supercomputers to MacGyver a way to power the gate.

I was also pleased to see that there was a French audio track on the first season, but disappointed that they didn't care to put it on the other seasons. (same thing for the MacGyver dvds by the way )

Though I'm not thrilled with the translation. the MacGyver part was translated by "to create a way to power the gate"

Which reminds me of "point of view" (not sure it's the right title) when Kowalsky says, about sime "she's my bestfriend's wife". Turned out in French "she's my wife's best friend" Not exactly the same impact. Much better to listen to it in English.

I vote for cake no 3. It has a kind of animated character look, somehow. I'm sure Jack would enjoy

There's a good reason the MacGyver part turned out into a very different sentence in French, it's because "MacGyver" didn't make it into a verb or isn't commonly used in expressions in French. Did you say cultural clash ?
                              Same goes with the "Yu" jokes, there simply not translatable in French. What a pity !
                              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I know I'm late on this one, yes very late ! But to all Canadans of Samandan :

Happy Canada Day !
                                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X