Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Oh I like both ideas: the motto and flag. However, seeing as there are so many people who are graphically talented, perhaps we can have sort of a contest. Anyone who wishes to design a flag can do so and we'll put it up for a vote by all Samandans. Even if you aren't talented with Photoshop, you can still participate. Post your ideas of what you think the flag should look like and if possible, I or someone else who is willing, can make up the flag per your description and post it on the thread.
    Great suggestion, Kat! Please submit all flag designs for consideration and then, if needed, perhaps our Royal Graphics Designer and/or Royal Photographer can assist.

One necessity: The Queen's favorite color is orange so that must be in prominent display!

If Betsy Ross can do it, so can Samanda!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      The Royal Researcher Reports:

Tonight, Sam makes her first S-9 appearance on Gateworld!!!!!

Other photos, including two team shots, are posted at:
      http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/photos_s9cast.shtml

I know the photo is too big, but gosh, it's our first new view of our Queen!
      I just remembered that we also got a clue about Sam's military status in AT's thank-yous at the Leos. Didn't she say something about being a "nursing colonel"?

I was able to feed my AT withdrawl with a viewing of "The Void" this weekend. First time I have been able to find it in the video store. Maybe it's popular? Anyway, I wasn't expecting much, but it wasn't too bad. AT was radiant and did a nice job with the character.

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
        A message from your Royal Baker/Chef: As I am already late for a weekend celebration/concert, I am presenting your July 4th feast today. As always, the food is guaranteed not to go to your hips, or any other place you deem unacceptable. Enjoy the weekend and for those in the States, enjoy the holiday! Let the feasting begin!

Enjoy!!!!!!
        Wow, what a spread! Don't forget the beer--a must with brats. Both to drink & to cook them in before they hit the grill. Definitely a feast fit for a queen, thanks, Royal Baker!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Your experience and Lida's and many of our posters at this thread show all the more reason to honor Amanda with her own philosophy and I hope that most Samandans will like what I've proposed. Thanks for the Latin input ... yes, I believe comitas is the word I was searching for, but my Latin dictionary didn't supply all nouns and I just couldn't put my hands on it.

Hence,

Hic Comitas Regit may be the more appropriate translation of "Here Kindness Reigns"

Oh yea, what say fellow Samandans?

Jester
          I'll weigh in on this (and heavily too, with that feast set out by the Royal baker! ). I heartily support the motto "Hic Comitas Regit" for exactly the reasons you give.

jckfan55 (Minister without Portfolio)

Comment

Before I launch into all the other stuff, especially the food provided by our Royal Chef/Baker, which looks scrumptious, I'd like to thank all of you for your words of encouragement and support. I'm NOT leaving. I love Samanda and the wonderful people who reside here too much to leave. I naively thought that everyone was like you are and I could post comments on other threads. WRONG! I've spent a large part of my adult life taking care of people with "problems", I do not need to deal with that here. You are all correct, this time is to be spent enjoying the company of like minded people, sharing stories, pics, laughing together and even crying together. No one is going to make me leave that! Now, I won't ever mention this mess again.

ChopinGal, I think your motto Hic Comitas Regit is perfect! I vote yes. As for a flag, I'll try and come up with an idea, but I know there are others here with much more talent and imagination.

sg-1fanintn, thank you for that wowswer of a pic of Sam. She is one beautiful lady, inside and out. And NO pic of Sam is too large!

Now, I thought I read that someone is going to London for Gabit? Did I read that correctly, because I can't find it now. More info, please.....I just got my new passport and I would love to visit London, esp. if our Queen is making an appearance. A good friend of mine is moving to London at the end of this month, so I'll use any excuse I can.

Don't have much else to add, except to say thanks again and I hope you all have a great weekend. I'll go look for some beer to add to Atteria's feast. Hmm, a nice cold beer would be nice right about now.
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

To ForeverSG1:
              Congrats on post 1000!

I know it's one post early, but I wanted to be the first.
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Hic Comitas Regit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats CHEVRONSEVEN ON POST 1000!

(((((((((((((Lida)))))))))))))))

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Oh, and isn't putting the words "crazy" and "Canadian" in the same sentence fairly REDUNDANT???

*ducks under desk*
                Only because you’re my dearest twin do you get away with that! Lol, no, Canadians ARE crazy, and we’re PROUD OF IT. It’s just that the rest of the world usually doesn’t SEE the craziness. This is why I was born… to spread the light, love, and craziness, of Canada, the greatest place in the world

Ya know ... I was thinkin' the same thing ... especially when you add the other "c" word for Canada's favorite pasttime: curling!

To our neighbors to the North: Joyeux Jour Du Canade (or something like that)
                I've actually never gone curling... I don't know anyone who has... HOCKEY FOREVER!!!!! *sigh* I remember the days of the NHL... *sob*
                French… FRENCH!? NOOOO, why oh WHY did you have to bring up FRENCH on this fine day!?!?!? *sob*

Originally posted by Skydiver
                eh????

HAH.

It’s funny how everyone thinks we Canadians say that at the end of every sentence… I’ll let you in on a little secret… we DON’T! Yes, the foundations of the Earth are trembling, but I’m sure you will all survive! Maybe…

Originally posted by Token
                Thanks for sharing your parading exploits!! Now, can we see the pics of the Canada Jig?? And this maybe a little off topic, but I wonder if you could tell me what "Canada Day" is? Is it like the U.S.'s Independence Day? What the traditional celebration like?
                The Jig!? PICS!? Howz about the video *wink* Lol, no, just kidding I’m afraid, only Canadians get to see THAT!

Canada Day is July 1st, and yes, is the Canadian equivalent of Independence Day. July 1st 1867 was the day of Confederation, in which the first 4 provinces of Canada joined together to become Canada.

The documentation of my Canada day Exploits, starting with… *GASP* A NON-ORANGERATED PIC OF MY FACE!

And MY HEAD!!!: (yes, that’s my head, it is covered with a bandana)

And MY HAND!

For a closer look:

Yes in fact those ARE Maple Leafs. My friend drew them with a Sharpie marker/pen thing… which ran out… gah, she’s not an artist, and she knows it. Ah well!

I also had one of the face tattoo things on my wrist, and the back of my other hand, and one on each of my shoulders, and my ankles… My camera died before those though!

Plus of course I was wearing a red and white dress… with red toenails… and had about 5 mini Canada Flags stuck behind my ears, straps of dress etc. Unfortunately my camera died before all these things could be documented!

But STILL... So many pics of me, in so little time! I feel so... so... REVEALED! AAAAH

And because no one *sniff* gave ME a feast *sob* I had to make my OWN cake!!! (mmm... Cheesecake...)

Yes that IS supposed to be the Canadian flag… yes the Maple leaf DOES suck… but the strawberries were tiny and not the rite shapes to make a proper one… and they were covered in liquer *cough* so all slippery… and it was midnight!

In summary: Yes, I get very passionate about my Canada Day

And remember folks... if it wasn't for Canada, there would be no Stargate!
                Last edited by MajorSam; 02 July 2005, 03:05 PM.
                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

GateAngel just posted this information about the next issue of TV Guide.

Originally posted by GATEANGEL
                  TVGUIDE TO HAVE 4 COLLECTABLE COVERS

The July 10-16 issue of the US publication TVGuide is going to feature 4
                  different 'collectable covers'. The covers will be featuring as follows:

Ben Browder, Joe Flanigan and Trica Helfer
                  One that will feature cast members from Stargate: Atlantis
                  One that will feature cast members from BattleStar: Galatica
                  One that is Stargate: SG-1 featuring Ben Browder and Amanda Tapping.

All four 'covers' will be available on news stands.

I'm hoping that when mine comes in the mail, it'll be the one with Amanda and Ben, but with my luck, I'll probably get the one with Tricia Helfer.
                  Oh well, if I do, I'll just have to hit the stores and hunt down the right one.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

Hic Comitas Regit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats CHEVRONSEVEN ON POST 1000!

(((((((((((((Lida)))))))))))))))

Only because you’re my dearest twin do you get away with that! Lol, no, Canadians ARE crazy, and we’re PROUD OF IT. It’s just that the rest of the world usually doesn’t SEE the craziness. This is why I was born… to spread the light, love, and craziness, of Canada, the greatest place in the world

I've actually never gone curling... I don't know anyone who has... HOCKEY FOREVER!!!!! *sigh* I remember the days of the NHL... *sob*
                    French… FRENCH!? NOOOO, why oh WHY did you have to bring up FRENCH on this fine day!?!?!? *sob*

HAH.

It’s funny how everyone thinks we Canadians say that at the end of every sentence… I’ll let you in on a little secret… we DON’T! Yes, the foundations of the Earth are trembling, but I’m sure you will all survive! Maybe…

The Jig!? PICS!? Howz about the video *wink* Lol, no, just kidding I’m afraid, only Canadians get to see THAT!

Canada Day is July 1st, and yes, is the Canadian equivalent of Independence Day. July 1st 1867 was the day of Confederation, in which the first 4 provinces of Canada joined together to become Canada.

The documentation of my Canada day Exploits, starting with… *GASP* A NON-ORANGERATED PIC OF MY FACE!

And MY HEAD!!!: (yes, that’s my head, it is covered with a bandana)

And MY HAND!

For a closer look:

Yes in fact those ARE Maple Leafs. My friend drew them with a Sharpie marker/pen thing… which ran out… gah, she’s not an artist, and she knows it. Ah well!

I also had one of the face tattoo things on my wrist, and the back of my other hand, and one on each of my shoulders, and my ankles… My camera died before those though!

Plus of course I was wearing a red and white dress… with red toenails… and had about 5 mini Canada Flags stuck behind my ears, straps of dress etc. Unfortunately my camera died before all these things could be documented!

But STILL... So many pics of me, in so little time! I feel so... so... REVEALED! AAAAH

And because no one *sniff* gave ME a feast *sob* I had to make my OWN cake!!! (mmm... Cheesecake...)

Yes that IS supposed to be the Canadian flag… yes the Maple leaf DOES suck… but the strawberries were tiny and not the rite shapes to make a proper one… and they were covered in liquer *cough* so all slippery… and it was midnight!

In summary: Yes, I get very passionate about my Canada Day

And remember folks... if it wasn't for Canada, there would be no Stargate!
                    My Dear Madam President

What a delight to have your energy sweep across Samanda once again. And I do apologize profoundly for the obviously inappropriate use of "the other" Canadian language used by the POTE (people of the East). You, like my adored Canadian son-in-law, come from the land of the western Rockies ... and are a hardy, proud, and fun-loving bunch with a great passion for your flag and country (as can be seen by your clever rendition of a strawberry-laden Maple Leaf cheesecake!) ... I can picture you playing "O Canada" on your saxophone right now and then cutting your cheesecake and indulging! The painted nails were a creative touch, indeed!

Now, Madam President, after the weekend's festivities pass ... will you be dropping by more often with your social commentary and support of fellow Samandans ... or will you be off on those military maneuvers you spoke about recently?

I think I speak for all Samandans when I say that your youthful exuberance and zest for life help make the kingdom of Samanda such a lovely and fun place to be!

Godspeed!

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                      Thanks for reminding me about that picture, majorsal. I found the ad in the Sunday listings of TV Guide, the one with different pictures of the cast from Fantastic Four on the cover. I scanned it in and got a little better resolution than the previous pic.

NC
                      i might be giving away something that's already been revealed, BUT... AMANDA'S GOING TO BE ON THE COVER OF THE TV GUIDE!!!

there's four covers:

* ben (stargate), joe (atlantis), and some blond chick (battlestar galactica)

* amanda and ben (stargate)

* some ppl from atlantis

* some ppl from battlestar

AMANDA! TV GUIDE COVER! YEEEEESSS!

*takes moment to breath*

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                        Late to the party... again.. how stunning is Amanda looking in the new cast shots!
                        doesn't she!

i'm sooooooooooo happy amanda and sam are back!!!

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

The secret is out ... Lida has shared the good news ... Another milestone event will be happening soon!

Let's all give a shout
                          On this weekend of fun
                          That someone we know
                          Will get the job done ...

Post #1000 is about to appear
                          From Kat, Royal Graphic Designer,
                          Samandan so dear

Since she is from the States
                          (That's known to be true)
                          A presentation of Beans
                          In red, white, and blue!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...JellyBeans.jpg

Congratulations, Kat!
                          Last edited by ChopinGal; 02 July 2005, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Exactly the point ... we seem to have found a way to all co-exist and respect the diversity of opinions in Samanda and humor helps to move us along when we begin to take ourselves a bit too seriously. From what I've seen elsewhere, we seem to be the exception rather than the rule, and that is unfortunate. (Don't get me started on a treatise on the downfall of civility in public life!)
                            i know what you mean... there's a few places i've quit because of rudeness. and two of them were on amanda-centric lists!

i admire amanda *so* much, and one of the reasons is because she's a truly nice person. makes one want to emulate the person you idolize... and i wish some others would do that as well (not talking about this thread)

that's why i want lida to just stick with us. we're a large group of different tastes. what we have in common is our love and admiration of amanda/sam. and our differences... it's not that they're ignored, it's just that i think this group of ppl highlight the things we have in common instead of the things we don't. and we're respectful of each other, even if we don't always interpret things the same way. we're a good group, and i'm proud to be a samandan.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Sadly, we all know the Queen's physician and friend is no longer around ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...nGal/Janet.jpg

But Queens do get sick and problems abound ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/SamSick.jpg

Lo and Behold, we've got Lida back ...
                              Shall we rehang her shingle
                              So she can keep us on track?

The Royal Couch is still available!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...orianCouch.jpg

Let us know, Lida, if we may put your name back on the Royal Roll Call of Samandan Occupations.

Jester
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 02 July 2005, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Holy Cow, we go for months with no word about Amanda/Sam, and now even the National Enquirer has an article mentioning them!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=13580

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X