Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Okay, okay ... we all seem to agree that this is the best new group shot so far ... but, they all look like they're about to break into song! So .... what would they be singing?!

Captions please!
    "Off we go, into the wild blue Stargate!"

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      You are so on tonight Sal. AT would be a perfect "girl next door" type, with loads of quiet sex appeal. I think I could see her with various British actors, like Pierce Brosnan, Hugh (oh darn, I'm blanking on his name...starred with Sandra Bullock in Two Weeks Notice), and Rupert (I'm losing it, I can't remember his last name either...FOO!). I can't see her with Brad Pitt or Russell Crowe, no way, no how. If she does decide to give the big screen a try, I hope she finds just the right script and co-star. I'll pay to see her.

I think I've hogged the thread enough for one night.

Thanks for the great questions and comments, everyone!
      actors i'd like to see play her leading man:

richard dean anderson

pierce brosnan

harrison ford

sean connery

russell crowe (sorry, lida, i think he's hot )

george clooney

val kilmer

matt leblanc

mel gibson

.... i'm going to stop now, because i'm starting to drool.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Skydiver
        i think theymade cam a lt col so that they remove that whole 'sir' 'maam' bit

if they're the same rank, they can call each other by their first names and i think they might be going more for a friendship angle than a 'co/second' relationship
        Here's my issue on the whole Mitchell/Carter thing. If he is a Lt. Colonel - and so is Sam, who gets to make the final decision while in the field? Sure, Sam has the most experience and would be logical, but Mitchell is her equal in rank. Why couldn't he have just stayed a major? Let Sam be in charge of SG-1 or promote her. It's just frustrating that TPTB have done what they've done.
        sigpic

Comment

Whoo Hoo to Chevron Seven for her 1,000th Post!

The Royal Bean Counter will be missing a lot of beans by tomorrow ....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Background.gif
          From one Bean Counter to Another...Thanks!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            I'm all out of green jello right now, ForeverSg1, but I LOVE the wall of Sam with the gate!!!!!

Congratulations, Chevron Seven, on 1,000 posts!
            Thanks! You know, it's taken me forever, but I've finally translated your call name. Duh! I kept putting extra letters.

It seems the gang's already started to party without me...

sigpic

Comment

Special Pronouncement

Let it be duly noted that Chevron Seven has been appointed the Queen's Personal Shopper and henceforth shall be responsible for the royal wardrobe. May she shop 'til she drops.

This will be recorded in the honorary Royal Roll Call of Samanda to be found at top of Page 442.
              Oh my goodness!! Thank you all so very much. I will do my best and provide Sam with a wardrobe fit for a queen. Perhaps, when she's in some civilian clothes on Stargate, she'll look gorgeous! And dropping while I am shopping will be fun!
              sigpic

Comment

ChevronSeven....Congrats on Post 1000!And congrats on your new position as Royal Shopper....can't wait to see your first purchases.

Sal.....I think we all loved answering those questions, even if you didn't mean us too. I know I did.

SamFan1....thank you for the wallpaper I love it!

And now for the not so great news. I don't think coming back was a great idea. The F.O.R.D. people are already red dinging me. I honestly didn't do anything. WHY are they so immature and just plain mean? I'm truly frustrated. I thought if I stayed away for awhile, people would leave me alone. Guess I was wrong, at least about those fanatics. Everyone else, here and on other threads, have been wonderful. I really don't know what to do. Part of me says ignore them....but the other part is fuming. Oh well, I'm sorry to bother you with this nonsense. I don't want to bring you all down on the eve of a great weekend.

I think I'll just leave again, for a while...and see how I feel. I've had so much fun the past few nights. I've really missed all of you. You have made me laugh, smile, and even cry. As always, you are the BEST!

All my love,

Lida/Sam
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

ChevronSeven....Congrats on Post 1000!And congrats on your new position as Royal Shopper....can't wait to see your first purchases.

Sal.....I think we all loved answering those questions, even if you didn't mean us too. I know I did.

And now for the not so great news. I don't think coming back was a great idea. The F.O.R.D. people are already red dinging me. I honestly didn't do anything. WHY are they so immature and just plain mean? I'm truly frustrated. I thought if I stayed away for awhile, people would leave me alone. Guess I was wrong, at least about those fanatics. Everyone else, here and on other threads, have been wonderful. I really don't know what to do. Part of me says ignore them....but the other part is fuming. Oh well, I'm sorry to bother you with this nonsense. I don't want to bring you all down on the eve of a great weekend.

I think I'll just leave again, for a while...and see how I feel. I've had so much fun the past few nights. I've really missed all of you. You have made me laugh, smile, and even cry. As always, you are the BEST!

All my love,

Lida/Sam
                  Hey Lida I for one enjoy your input and posts. Maybe you could turn the rep off for a while. I know others have done that on the forum. But you have to do what is best for your self - just know that you will be missed.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

All my love,

Lida/Sam

Aw, Lida don't go! You have such wonderful thoughts. I agree with tsaxlady. Turn off your rep points. Just know that us here will miss you greatly!
                    sigpic

Comment

i have some more men to add to my 'amanda's leading man' list.

chris noth

jonathan frakes

david james elliot

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

All my love,

Lida/Sam
                        Just ignore the other threads. I do. The only time I venture outside of Samanda is when I am near a new milestone and want to do it quickly without bombarding this thread. Like tonight... 30 posts till 1000... so I'll probably go play a game or ten.

But don't let anyone scare you away. They really aren't worth it.
                        Just keep telling yourself you are here to show your support for Amanda and Sam!!

Kat

Comment

All my love,

Lida/Sam
                          Lida, I agree with the others.....but also wanted to officially voice my support for your contributions here. Just talk to us, and stay away from those other people! I ventured out into some threads that were different from my views too, and was shocked at the nasty people out there.

These forums are supposed to be recreational.....giving us an opportunity to chat with others who share our interests. I decided that for me, it wasn't worth it to go places where my views weren't welcome. I don't want to deal with unpleasant people during my recreational time.

Although we sometimes disagree on what we want for the characters, I've always found this thread and the S/J Family Ship Thread to be places where we're all free to express ourselves without the fear that someone will be nasty. So, stick with us, girl!

It's like Teal'c said, "O'Neill, ours is the only timeline of consequence."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            you know... that whole hundred questions thinger wasn't really supposed to be for you guys... it was just questions that were going through 'my' mind... *sheepish face*

sally
                            But they were really good questions!!!

My LJ

Comment

All my love,

Lida/Sam
                              Lida, you'll be missed. Just remember you'll always be welcome here.

My LJ

Comment

All my love,

Lida/Sam

(((((Lida)))))) Stay with this thread and let us make you laugh some more
                                ......TARA......

Comment

Working...
                                X