Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    bummed that she is or isn't in the military?
    Bummed that she is, I guess. It's the shipper in me that wants her out. It just frees up the whole "regs" issue. And I'm still going with the belief that Jack's still in. It could be the other way around - she's in and he's retired.

Don't get me wrong, I adore Sam. I wish I either a) knew a Sam or b) was Sam. She can still be so much as just Dr. Carter. She still has the knowledge of her military training, but could focus on all the scientific aspects of being on SG-1. I liked her in command, but season 8 just wasted her leadership abilities. We didn't get much Sam in Command last seasoned. And with them making Mitchell a Lt. Colonel, it doesn't look good as to who will ultimately lead SG-1.

I guess basically, I'm being fickle. And the premiere is only 14 days away and I'm getting nervous at that, too.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      SciFi has updated their web site for the upcoming season 9. They have new character bios and a few new downloads.

But changes are coming to SG-1 as it begins its ninth year of fearless service to Earth. New faces are joining the team: Maj. Cameron Mitchell (Ben Browder) will try to fill the very big shoes of former SG-1 leader O'Neill (who is now in charge in Homeworld Security), while Gen. Hank Landry (Beau Bridges) must adapt to the unique challenges of running Stargate Command, a posting unlike any other the military has to offer.

Offworld, SG-1 might have new friends — or new foes — in Vala (Claudia Black), a former Goa'uld host turned freedom-fighter; and Gerack (Louis Gossett Jr.), a Jaffa leader who vies with Teal'c for political control of the new Jaffa nation.

Here is the new wallpaper they have for S9

For other updates go check out them out SciFi Channel Stargate
      OK, I'm now irritated that they are officially saying that Mitchell is filling O'Neill's shoes as the leader of SG-1... grrrr... they are completely ignoring the fact that Carter was the CO of SG-1 in Season 8. Yes, BB is replacing RDA as the Leading Man, but Mitchell is taking command of SG-1 after Carter... not after O'Neill. And Landry is filling O'Neill's slot - as head of the SGC.
      Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I couldn't take it anymore so I made my own version of this Promo.
      It's not perfect, but I think it's much better than the original. At least Sam
      doesn't look so out of place and insignificant now. The lighting is still really
      weird, but not sure there is much I can do to fix that. Oh well.

Season 9 Promo
      Yours is definitely better than the original, Kat! And your prowess with photoshop is amazing - you and Samfan are doing professional-level photoshopping!
      Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Below are SPOILER PROMOTIONAL PHOTOS FOR SEASON 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If for some bizarre reason you don't want to see them, then feel free to avert your gaze.

I MEAN IT!!! Look away...LOOK AWAY NOW!!!!

AAAH! I caught you peeking, didn't I?????

In the first photo, I *so* want someone to tell AT a joke and make her laugh and smile! The second photo... very nice - the black BDUs look very cool. Landry/Bridges, however, looks out of place - they should have placed him a step back and had AT and MS come in towards the center a bit (and slightly in front of Bridges).

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
        Bummed that she is, I guess. It's the shipper in me that wants her out. It just frees up the whole "regs" issue. And I'm still going with the belief that Jack's still in. It could be the other way around - she's in and he's retired.

Don't get me wrong, I adore Sam. I wish I either a) knew a Sam or b) was Sam. She can still be so much as just Dr. Carter. She still has the knowledge of her military training, but could focus on all the scientific aspects of being on SG-1. I liked her in command, but season 8 just wasted her leadership abilities. We didn't get much Sam in Command last seasoned. And with them making Mitchell a Lt. Colonel, it doesn't look good as to who will ultimately lead SG-1.

I guess basically, I'm being fickle. And the premiere is only 14 days away and I'm getting nervous at that, too.
        Something you said got me going. WHY did TPTB make Cam a Lt. Col.? Couldn't they just have easily made him a Major (very believeable) and thus not have the issue of him being in command. OR, just make him a full Col. and let him have command (Ack, did I just type that????). I think TPTB enjoy ringing our bells.....not very nice of them, as they are where they are because of us!

(stomps out of the thread)

Comment

Hey everyone, just popping in to say....

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Lol, i'm probably only talking to myself here, but if there's any Canadian lurkers around...

OOH, a funny thing... I was called last nite by someone in my Corps asking if I could do something in the big Canada Day Parade, but I didn't get home until late. So this morning I call the guy around 8am, and he tells me "We need you to carry the banner at the very front of the parade" so I'm like "Ok, i'll shine up my boots, fix up my uniform, put on my medal <g> and be near the front"

I get there, find the banner, and realize that he meant actually LEADING the parade!!!! I was the VERY front first person walking with the banner along with a representative from the Air Force, and one from the Navy. Thousands and Thousands of people crowding the streets, cheering and waving millions of flags, wooping and yay'ing, with the Bagpipes goin behind us.... it was GREAT fun! Parades are NOT good for one's ego... lol.

And very nice promo pics for season 9!!
          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven

I'm disgusted that they didn't have O'Neill retire - if they were/are going to ship J&S it would have been *so* awesome to see a major scifi show where the macho guy retires while the lead woman gets to continue with her career - and it would fit with what RDA is doing (retiring from the show to be with his daughter). I'm OK with ship and romance (and I like it if it's written well), but I will detest the show if they keep the male (O'Neill) in the military when he's definitely at retirement age -and the actor has left the show!!! - and have the female (Sam) leave the service in order to facilitate shipping J&S - she's 10-15 years younger and still has the heart of her career ahead of her - Jack's already had his - and after all he's done, he deserves to retire and be happy. The show could have written him as a civilian advisor and ambassador to aliens such as the Asgard so that he could still appear in occassional episodes or movies and be part of the rip-roaring world-saving heroics. I have nothing against J&S ship, but I hate seeing lead female roles portraying women in such an old-fashioned.... sigh... stopping rant... dismounting soapbox... waiting forlornly for AT's appearances in Season 9.
            Last edited by astrogeologist; 01 July 2005, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
              Hey everyone, just popping in to say....

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Lol, i'm probably only talking to myself here, but if there's any Canadian lurkers around...

OOH, a funny thing... I was called last nite by someone in my Corps asking if I could do something in the big Canada Day Parade, but I didn't get home until late. So this morning I call the guy around 8am, and he tells me "We need you to carry the banner at the very front of the parade" so I'm like "Ok, i'll shine up my boots, fix up my uniform, put on my medal <g> and be near the front"

I get there, find the banner, and realize that he meant actually LEADING the parade!!!! I was the VERY front first person walking with the banner along with a representative from the Air Force, and one from the Navy. Thousands and Thousands of people crowding the streets, cheering and waving millions of flags, wooping and yay'ing, with the Bagpipes goin behind us.... it was GREAT fun! Parades are NOT good for one's ego... lol.

And very nice promo pics for season 9!!
              You're not the only Canadian in here MajorSam. Happy Canada Day to you too
              sigpic
              There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
              If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
              If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
              If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

I live in Houston, Texas, near Nasa-anyone know where I can find copies of the magazine Cult Times?

Comment

I live in Houston, Texas, near NASA-anyone know where I can find copies of the magazine Cult Times?

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    I'm disgusted that they didn't have O'Neill retire - if they were/are going to ship J&S it would have been *so* awesome to see a major scifi show where the macho guy retires while the lead woman gets to continue with her career - and it would fit with what RDA is doing (retiring from the show to be with his daughter). I'm OK with ship and romance (and I like it if it's written well), but I will detest the show if they keep the male (O'Neill) in the military when he's definitely at retirement age -and the actor has left the show!!! - and have the female (Sam) leave the service in order to facilitate shipping J&S - she's 10-15 years younger and still has the heart of her career ahead of her - Jack's already had his - and after all he's done, he deserves to retire and be happy. The show could have written him as a civilian advisor and ambassador to aliens such as the Asguard so that he could still appear in occassional episodes or movies and be part of the rip-roaring world-saving heroics. I have nothing against J&S ship, but I hate seeing lead female roles portraying women in such an old-fashioned.... sigh... stopping rant... dismounting soapbox... waiting forlornly for AT's appearances in Season 9.
                    My sentiments exactly!!!

Comment

OOOOH! That is a really good team photo!! Amanda looks great!!
                      How weird though... I'm assuming that all these photos come from Scifi...why wouldn't they use these photos up on their own websites instead of using old manipulated ones? Also, I wonder why there is no photo of Daniel??

But ya know... I had never seen a picture of Ben and Michael together before but now that have, I can understand all the rumors about them looking like twins. In that team photo, if Daniel wasn't wearing his glasses, I think I might have had to do a double take to see which one was which.

I read an interview with MS that the big wigs at MGM requested that Daniel wear a beard at the beginning of Season nine so that the new viewers could differentiate between Daniel and Cameron. I thought it was an exaggeration but now that I see them together I guess I can understand a bit more.
                      That is a great photo of Amanda? Does she look a little more mature? I love the hair style! And yes, BB & MS do look an awful lot alike!

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies
                        I live in Houston, Texas, near NASA-anyone know where I can find copies of the magazine Cult Times?
                        check out the larger chain book stores, such as barnes and noble or hastings
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i think theymade cam a lt col so that they remove that whole 'sir' 'maam' bit

if they're the same rank, they can call each other by their first names and i think they might be going more for a friendship angle than a 'co/second' relationship
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I couldn't take it anymore so I made my own version of this Promo.
                            It's not perfect, but I think it's much better than the original. At least Sam
                            doesn't look so out of place and insignificant now. The lighting is still really
                            weird, but not sure there is much I can do to fix that. Oh well.

Season 9 Promo
                            You're right, you really have to look to see Amanda. That's kinda the way I figured this season was going to be. I'm not surprised to see them downplaying her character. Anyone else surprised?

Comment

I may be offline for a bit. We're getting hit by a very severe thunder boomer and I think it would be best if I shut everything down. Just pray it will boot up again, it's been very finicky lately. :-(

I promise, if I have to beg, borrow or steal a laptop, I will deliver the feast I promised. Oh great, my kitchen is all electric.....foo!

Later, the sky has gotten very dark and the thunder is getting louder.
                              (crawls under the desk)

Comment

Lol, I decided to upload a pic of my Canada Day exploits

Yay for me leading!

*Trundles off in solo-Canadian crazy Canada Jig *
                                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Working...
                                X