Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    i go for 3, cause it'd be a small special occasion. i see a guest less of less than 50, possibly as small as 30

neither of them have the time to plan something large and ostentatous. small and intimate is the way to go
    I'm going to agree with you. I personally like number 3. However, would it depend in which season the "special occasion" happened?

For whacked-out cake, you couldn't find one with aliens?

Token ~

Comment

Just read the interesting spoilers for Avalon 2.

S9 "Avalon 2"
      From GW "<snip> When the excavation crew uncovers the device, Daniel, ever eager to uncover the secrets of the Ancients and excited by the possibility of visiting galaxies beyond the realm of the Stargates, decides at once to test the machine.
      Within seconds, he and Vala -- who are still bound to one another by the Jaffa bracelets -- drop to the ground, unconscious. Alarmed, Mitchell puts them under medical supervision. However, unbeknownst to anyone on Stargate Command, Daniel and Vala have been transported to an unfamiliar village inhabited by devout worshippers of the mysterious Ori -- all-powerful and unforgiving beings who demand immediate persecution of any and all detractors.

To make matters worse, Daniel and Vala soon discover that they have inhabited the bodies of two villagers already under scrutiny for seditious behavior. Can Daniel and Vala convince the villagers of their true identity before the people they inhabit are burned at the stake?"

It seems to me that Daniel will be making a big mistake that possibly leads the Ori to becoming our new enemy. It's nice to know someone other than Sam makes mistakes. JMHO.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
        I'm so very happy you all seem to possess great sense's of humor, because you're going to need them. Below, please peruse, at your convenience, the 6 "special" occasion cakes and pick which one you think would be best for Sam and, er, um, you know who. I want to be prepared, should the time come when we need it. I hestitate to call it the Pick the Wedding Cake Contest, as it might jinx the deal, so how about the Great Cake Pick?

Have fun and if you don't like any, let me know. I'm not sure how it would be best to cast votes, so I'm open to suggestions.

1. Traditional
        2. Fantasy
        3. Flowery
        4. Art Deco
        5. Unusual
        6. Totally Whacked Out!
        OK, we have 2 votes, in......(taps her foot). Well, VOTE! Just kidding.

And did someone want Aliens? OK, I'll try......but not grey ones, alright?

Comment

I'm so very happy you all seem to possess great sense's of humor, because you're going to need them. Below, please peruse, at your convenience, the 6 "special" occasion cakes and pick which one you think would be best for Sam and, er, um, you know who. I want to be prepared, should the time come when we need it. I hestitate to call it the Pick the Wedding Cake Contest, as it might jinx the deal, so how about the Great Cake Pick?

Have fun and if you don't like any, let me know. I'm not sure how it would be best to cast votes, so I'm open to suggestions.

1. Traditional
          2. Fantasy
          3. Flowery
          4. Art Deco
          5. Unusual
          6. Totally Whacked Out!
          I have to vote for #5 ... the "unusual nature" of a certain CO/2IC dance these past eight years seems to fit perfectly with the design of this somewhat lopsided but upright cake! It just seems loopy and fun and I think that speaks to our favorite "non" couple!

Comment

A Royal Mid-Summer Night's Tale

As the Royal Chef and her devoted staff worked long into the night,

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ndaKitchen.jpg

Samandans were kicking up their heels while waiting for the imminent return of their Queen ....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ChorusLine.jpg

Murray and his Merry Minstrels were persuaded to return and provide some great entertainment!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...dMinstrels.jpg

Royal Head of Security and his able assistants were on top of the situation, and hired additional security patrol for this special night of reveling and frolic ....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...daSecurity.jpg

The high point of the evening was the unveiling of the six celebratory cakes which Royal Chef had created.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...RoyalCakes.jpg

It was hoped that one of these cakes would also provide a future backdrop for the Queen and her not-so-secret admirer. Every Queen deserves a King, especially one who likes cake!

In fact, when weary Samandans went to sleep that night, they could almost picture a certain couple at a certain event ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...oyalCouple.jpg

With even more dancing and celebration ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...nGal/Dance.jpg

And the groom using his military prowess to cut the royal cake ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...uttingCake.jpg

However, the best part of the dream was the happy ending!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../LoveTheme.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../Fireworks.jpg

Not only did the Royal Couple live long and prosper, but the Royal Chef was awarded a special gift for her efforts in making the Samandan Royal Wedding such a memorable occasion!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...mandaStove.jpg
            Last edited by ChopinGal; 30 June 2005, 05:57 PM.

Comment

OK, we have 2 votes, in......(taps her foot). Well, VOTE! Just kidding.

And did someone want Aliens? OK, I'll try......but not grey ones, alright?
              Oh allright!

#2 *squints* The pic is small, so I can’t tell for sure, but will assume that those flowers and ribbon *are* made out of frosting and are edible…. It seems like a simple floral cake and to me, during off-hours Sam seems to like simple, classic feminine touches. And if the ‘you-know-who’ gentleman was
              Spoiler:
              Jack
              … well… he lurves cake and there would be plenty of it to eat for sure!
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                General Spoilers S9

Welcome back!

My comments on your spoilers...
                Spoiler:
                Well, how can he be the newest member of SG-1 if NO ONE is on the team!! Right?? The REAL SG-1 has gone their separate ways! Of course Mitchell would be picked to lead the team because none of the ORIGINAL team members are around. And Landry isn't going to put a civilian in charge of the premiere military team. I find it hard to believe Mitchell would be stunned since he is a Lt.Col and a war hero. We will just see what happens when Lt.Col. Samantha Carter returns!
                I agree but I thought the funniest thing it said - and I do find this funny because it is so inane - is where it says: "with no one available to lead SG1" what a joke - it basically says to me "gee I have no one else so let's just throw the first guy that comes through the door into the lead of SG1", which as you rightly point out, doesn't even exist anymore. (Do they expect me to believe that there was not one single Major, Lt. Colonel or Colonel, from the previous ranks of SG teams available to lead a new SG1? I really and truly hope TPTB do not think the fans are this monumentally stupid.)

It also seems to me that it is not expected that, if and when he does reassemble a team that it will be the elite team it once was and therefore does not command the respect it once did if the first guy through the door can get the lead BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE IS AVAILABLE - I'm still laughing at this line. Ergo, it was assumed mitchell would put together a merry band of nobodies. He wants the best though, (how else can they contrive to get the real SG1 back, even if they are not part of SG1) but they (Teal'c and Daniel at first) won't come to be lead by mitchell so they come as SGCers, not as SG1ers, as evidenced by the SGC patches we see in the photos of Teal'c and Daniel from The Ties That Bind, ergo, mitchell still doesn't even have a team by the 4th episode. It sounds more and more to me like they are just a bunch of guys, plus vala for a few eps, who run around trying to get out of trouble but they really get into trouble. Then Carter returns, helps them get out of the trouble they got into and she is ready to "RESUME HER DUTIES" and she is therefore installed as the leader of SG1, now 3/4 the same exact elite team it was in the past since Daniel and Teal'c agree to join if Carter is in command plus a new member who is there to "learn from the best".

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                  And thanks to sg-1fanintn for the lovely flowers, unfortunately they've set my hay-fever off again - if anyone sees tsaxlady, could you ask her to let me have the tissues back please? Ta very much.

1s4S
                  Oh, 1speed, I'm so sorry! Here, try a tissue!

1. Traditional
                  2. Fantasy
                  3. Flowery
                  4. Art Deco
                  5. Unusual
                  6. Totally Whacked Out!
                  I vote for #2. After all, Jack and Sam's relationship has been a fantasy in both their minds for so long that a fantasy cake seems appropriate.

And remember, ladies and gentlemen. Our talented Royal Baker can make this style of cake for any size gathering, so the size of the sample really shouldn't be a consideration. However, even if it's a small gathering, don't forget to factor in Teal'c's normal appetite.....plus the groom's voracious appetite for any kind of cake. I think they'll need some to save in the freezer for their first anniversary.....as well as some packed in Tupperware to take on the HONEYMOON! Jack will need some simple sugars to keep his strength up (oops----was that last comment a little too "R" rated?)!!! Tee-hee!

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                    I agree but I thought the funniest thing it said - and I do find this funny because it is so inane - is where it says: "with no one available to lead SG1" what a joke - it basically says to me "gee I have no one else so let's just throw the first guy that comes through the door into the lead of SG1", which as you rightly point out, doesn't even exist anymore. (Do they expect me to believe that there was not one single Major, Lt. Colonel or Colonel, from the previous ranks of SG teams available to lead a new SG1? I really and truly hope TPTB do not think the fans are this monumentally stupid.)

It also seems to me that it is not expected that, if and when he does reassemble a team that it will be the elite team it once was and therefore does not command the respect it once did if the first guy through the door can get the lead BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE IS AVAILABLE - I'm still laughing at this line. Ergo, it was assumed mitchell would put together a merry band of nobodies. He wants the best though, (how else can they contrive to get the real SG1 back, even if they are not part of SG1) but they (Teal'c and Daniel at first) won't come to be lead by mitchell so they come as SGCers, not as SG1ers, as evidenced by the SGC patches we see in the photos of Teal'c and Daniel from The Ties That Bind, ergo, mitchell still doesn't even have a team by the 4th episode. It sounds more and more to me like they are just a bunch of guys, plus vala for a few eps, who run around trying to get out of trouble but they really get into trouble. Then Carter returns, helps them get out of the trouble they got into and she is ready to "RESUME HER DUTIES" and she is therefore installed as the leader of SG1, now 3/4 the same exact elite team it was in the past since Daniel and Teal'c agree to join if Carter is in command plus a new member who is there to "learn from the best".

Hey, Binkpmmc, you could be right. It is really all a mystery right now---I am wondering when they are going to show any spoiler pictures for Beach Head and Ex Deus Machina. That might give us some hints about what's going on.

One thing I think right now---I think I'm going to like Ben Browder. I've liked his interviews thus far---he seems to have a lot of respect for the show, the entire returning cast, and RDA. I think he is going to be a guy who will really respect all three characters. I'm glad that Sam and Mitchell know each other---I'm thinking there won't be any "sir" or "ma'am" going on and I actually think that is good. I don't think there will be any "ship" either between Carter and Mitchell and that is really good because the relationship will be built on mutual respect with maybe a bit of conflict in there too. I just think BB and AT are going to be really interesting together. And I also think that about Beau Bridges and AT too.

Comment

1. Traditional
                      2. Fantasy
                      3. Flowery
                      4. Art Deco
                      5. Unusual
                      6. Totally Whacked Out!
                      I kind of like number 6 because it's wacky just like some of the 'Save the World' plans they have come up with over the years. Except I think the layers should be a laptop computer on the bottom, a box of Star Wars dvds, a book of Latin and a big bottle of Guiness on top.

The four Amigos, till death do 'em part.

Comment

Not to change the subject away from the important topic of cake, but as Royal Researcher, I have found something I feel the Kingdom should see. For those of you who have been here for awhile, it will be a pleasant memory. For our many newbies (including me!), it will just be pleasant. I found this lovely song, penned by Tok'ra Hostess, for the Kingdom:

[quote] Enchanted Kingdom, eh...?

Okay, as sung to the tune of It's a small world after all:

It's a thread of laughter
                        A thread of cheer
                        We post all our hopes
                        And some of our fears
                        There's so much that we share
                        It's because we're aware
                        This is Sam's thread after all

There is just one Forum
                        And one golden thread
                        And blue Jello is free
                        To ev-er-y friend
                        Though the fandom divide
                        This thread will abide
                        'Cause it's Sam's thread after all

(Sing it with me!)

Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 30 June 2005, 06:51 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=sg-1fanintn]Not to change the subject away from the important topic of cake, but as Royal Researcher, I have found something I feel the Kingdom should see. For those of you who have been here for awhile, it will be a pleasant memory. For our many newbies (including me!), it will just be pleasant. I found this lovely song, penned by Tok'ra Hostess, for the Kingdom:

Enchanted Kingdom, eh...?

A thread of cheer
                          We post all our hopes
                          And some of our fears
                          It's because we're aware

There is just one Forum
                          And one golden thread
                          And blue Jello is free
                          To ev-er-y friend
                          Though the fandom divide
                          This thread will abide

(Sing it with me!)

applause applause

author-author

bravo
                          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

[QUOTE=sg-1fanintn]Not to change the subject away from the important topic of cake, but as Royal Researcher, I have found something I feel the Kingdom should see. For those of you who have been here for awhile, it will be a pleasant memory. For our many newbies (including me!), it will just be pleasant. I found this lovely song, penned by Tok'ra Hostess, for the Kingdom:

Enchanted Kingdom, eh...?

A thread of cheer
                            We post all our hopes
                            And some of our fears
                            It's because we're aware

There is just one Forum
                            And one golden thread
                            And blue Jello is free
                            To ev-er-y friend
                            Though the fandom divide
                            This thread will abide

(Sing it with me!)

I'm singing ... I'm singing ... and LOL ... what perfect timing! Thanks for the reprise of Tok'ra's wonderful song and please go back to Page 519 where I was busy creating a little Samandan Tale of my own to brighten our spirits as we get ready for whatever may happen in S9!

It's nice to see us playing tonight ... thanks also to Royal Baker/Chef who started us off with her array of cakes!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam

Salivating maybe, dedicated and loyal definitely.

"Samanda Security - More Puppy-dog Than Rottweiler"

Perhaps you can use this as your Security Headquarters banner ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...CartoonDog.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Token

...Just read the interesting spoilers for Avalon 2 ... It seems to me that Daniel will be making a big mistake that possibly leads the Ori to becoming our new enemy.

It's nice to know someone other than Sam makes mistakes. JMHO.
                                You're not alone! LOL That was my first thought when I read the Spoilers tonight too. Thank goodness, it's not Sam taking the heat for her behavior! Let's see what the fans do with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X