Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT, but I just have to say......

Sci-Fi is running a special documentary on the madness that beset America when War of the Worlds was first broadcast on radio in 1939.....and it's really good.

I may enjoy it more than most, having been in radio for many years, but still, it's fascinating that so many people could have been unintentionally fooled by science fiction!
    Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 28 June 2005, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Dedicated to All Our Milestone Posters Tonight! Congrats!

Twenty Questions

Will Sam be in charge again
      Or stand aside for Big Bad Ben?
      Will Sam kick butt?
      And come out of her emotional rut?

Will Sam get promoted?
      And where is it noted
      That Area 51 is Sam's domain
      While Cam and Vala inflict some pain?

Will Sam's ship finally come in?
      Or will Sam bear and grin
      The loss of Jack her best CO?
      Now out of sight, alas, oh woe

Just what's our Sam gonna spout
      And find to tech talk all about
      When her feet hit the floor
      And she, at last, walks through that door?

Will Sam wear boots?
      Will she wear leather?
      Deal with how and whether
      SG1 will be together?

What's her take
      On her new crew?
      And will her jello
      Still be blue?

Will Sam go hand-in-hand
      And beat some dude?
      Or will Sam be diplomatic first
      Rather than snarky, rude?

How will Sam handle loss?
      Will she make a tough and able boss?
      Will Sam be ready to meet any test?
      Right now it's just our best guess ...

How much of Sam will get to shine
      As Carter rolls in for Season Nine?
      Will she once more grace the Gate?

What we know, without debate,
      Is that Samantha Carter
      Is worth the wait!
      Last edited by ChopinGal; 28 June 2005, 06:29 PM.

Comment

ChopinGal is certainly in fine poetic form after her rest in the Berkshires!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

ChopinGal is certainly in fine poetic form after her rest in the Berkshires!
          LOL That's what happens when you hang out with those weird artist colonies!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            LOL That's what happens when you hang out with those weird artist colonies!
            You hang out in artist colonies, with weird artists???? Certainly NOT within the confines of Samanda. We have no weird artists here.....we do have weird bakers though.

Hope you had a great time in the Berkshires, oh great Poet Laureate!

Comment

[QUOTE=ÜberSG-1Fan]
              Originally posted by binkpmmc
              And if they're going to have her dealing with consequences of events that affected her, then I say SUPER and it's about time...this too can only make her a stronger character...
              In another world, at another time, with a different writing staff I would tend to agree with you but my biggest problem, after seeing how they wrote the persoanl/emotional aspect of the character for a season and a half (IMO they did a terrible job with the personal type stories they tried for Carter, especially the fiasco that shall not be named, except maybe the stuff with her Dad that I cannot really comment on because because I would not watch threads). I think the writers, etc., should stay away from this angle for Carter, and the other characters, because I just think they are horrible at it. Stick with sci-fi, action and adventure and with friendship, funny, bonding momets and stay away from the other stuff since they make it, IMO, too much like a very poorly written soap opera.

Just to clarify this is not in any way a statement about AT or her acting which I think is tremendous but as they say she has to work with what she is given and bless her heart she always gives it her all regardless of how much she may not like it (and we know for a fact there have been things she did not like and would have changed if she could have) and regardless of how poorly it is written. Again, IMO.

Comment

[QUOTE=binkpmmc]
                Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

In another world, at another time, with a different writing staff I would tend to agree with you but my biggest problem, after seeing how they wrote the persoanl/emotional aspect of the character for a season and a half (IMO they did a terrible job with the personal type stories they tried for Carter, especially the fiasco that shall not be named, except maybe the stuff with her Dad that I cannot really comment on because because I would not watch threads). I think the writers, etc., should stay away from this angle for Carter, and the other characters, because I just think they are horrible at it. Stick with sci-fi, action and adventure and with friendship, funny, bonding momets and stay away from the other stuff since they make it, IMO, too much like a very poorly written soap opera.

Just to clarify this is not in any way a statement about AT or her acting which I think is tremendous but as they say she has to work with what she is given and bless her heart she always gives it her all regardless of how much she may not like it (and we know for a fact there have been things she did not like and would have changed if she could have) and regardless of how poorly it is written. Again, IMO.
                "When the writers are lazy
                And make me crazy ...
                I give a little whistle
                And do the best I can!"

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...SamWhistle.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria

You hang out in artist colonies, with weird artists???? Certainly NOT within the confines of Samanda. We have no weird artists here.....we do have weird bakers though.

Hope you had a great time in the Berkshires, oh great Poet Laureate!
                  Ah, yes ... oh Royal Baker ... I have seen some of your cake designs, including this one to commemorate Stargate Barbie ....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...BarbieCake.jpg

Psst ... I only hang out in artist colonies because I've given birth to one or two!

Comment

[QUOTE=binkpmmc]
                    Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I think most here would agree that the writers have been none too kind to AT the past season or two. I also agree that the writers forte is NOT writing anything entailing romance, they just don't seem to have the flair for it (I'm trying to be kind). Of course, a woman on the writing staff would be nice (fat chance, in that boy's club). Well, one can always hope.

And speaking of hope, I'm hoping for a great new season (no moans), with more AT in realistic, strong parts, that showcase her intelligence and humanity, and not her navel. Sorry, just saw a promo shot of Teyla, and her navel was conspicously present, in a fight scene. Puhlease.......

OK, I won't get started. It's getting late, hubby is angry with me, I got my surgery date (why do they call it a date, the doc is cute, but I won't be seeing him, he'll be seeing me though, WAY too much of me ).

I bid all my fellow Samandans (is that spelled correctly?) a goodnight, pleasant dreams (if you reside in N. America) and for those already asleep, sweet dreams and good morning (when you awaken). Have I covered everyone? Oh, for those of you in Oz, good day!

Comment

Ah, yes ... oh Royal Baker ... I have seen some of your cake designs, including this one to commemorate Stargate Barbie ....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...BarbieCake.jpg

Psst ... I only hang out in artist colonies because I've given birth to one or two!
                      Ack! That's a cake???? I must hurry to sleep, so I might dream up a truly strange design and bake us a new, and truly bizzare cake for the morrow. (Why am I writing like I'm in Sherlock forest?)

Um, you've given birth to a colony or two? Wow, I'm most heartily impressed. I hope you had an epidural for the actual birth......

Comment

[QUOTE=ChopinGal]

"When the writers are lazy
                        And make me crazy ...
                        I give a little whistle
                        And do the best I can!"

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...SamWhistle.jpg
                        You're on a roll tonight! Welcome back. It's good to see your poems again.

Comment

[QUOTE=Atteria]

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I think most here would agree that the writers have been none too kind to AT the past season or two. I also agree that the writers forte is NOT writing anything entailing romance, they just don't seem to have the flair for it (I'm trying to be kind). Of course, a woman on the writing staff would be nice (fat chance, in that boy's club). Well, one can always hope.

And speaking of hope, I'm hoping for a great new season (no moans), with more AT in realistic, strong parts, that showcase her intelligence and humanity, and not her navel. Sorry, just saw a promo shot of Teyla, and her navel was conspicously present, in a fight scene. Puhlease.......

OK, I won't get started. It's getting late, hubby is angry with me, I got my surgery date (why do they call it a date, the doc is cute, but I won't be seeing him, he'll be seeing me though, WAY too much of me ).

I bid all my fellow Samandans (is that spelled correctly?) a goodnight, pleasant dreams (if you reside in N. America) and for those already asleep, sweet dreams and good morning (when you awaken). Have I covered everyone? Oh, for those of you in Oz, good day!
                          Hear, hear to all of the above and, regarding your "surgery date", seriously wishing you a happy ending with some prime post-op time with the cute surgeon. If he tells bedside jokes, he's probably quite a "cut up"! Sorry, I could not resist!

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                            Ack! That's a cake???? I must hurry to sleep, so I might dream up a truly strange design and bake us a new, and truly bizzare cake for the morrow. (Why am I writing like I'm in Sherlock forest?)

Um, you've given birth to a colony or two? Wow, I'm most heartily impressed. I hope you had an epidural for the actual birth......
                            LOL ... oh yeah, my birthing the colonies was a real Egeria moment ...

Can't wait to see the new Samanda cake!

Now get to bed, will you?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              and i'm trying to hit 4100 by the end of the night

we can all do it

we're samandans, we can do anything!!
                              How, oh HOW did you create 100 posts in two hours?!?!?!?!? I am so jealous!

Comment

LOL ... oh yeah, my birthing the colonies was a real Egeria moment ...
                                Ha! That was both hilarious and disturbing! It's nice to talk to you again. It's been a while hasn't it, Chopingal?

Comment

Working...
                                X