Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
    Here's the picture as copied from the Kansas forum. When I get my TV Guide later this week, if I can get a better scan, I'll post it.

NC
    yeah! thanks NC and SG-1fanintn.

It does look like a new picture, doesn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
      I should be getting my TV Guide tomorrow in the mail. Should be interesting.
      remember, this is just an ad for the following week of July 10, where there will be some coverage of the three shows. I am curious about what they will put on the cover---I wonder if there will be three different covers showing the cast of each? Or if the cover is a picture of entirely different shows. I don't get TV Guide, so I wondered what this ad meant for the cover. It is great that there will be some interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
        yeah! thanks NC and SG-1fanintn.

It does look like a new picture, doesn't it.

Alas, like you, I only tried. We were not valiant today. Nearly Circular saved us. But.....another day......

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam

FWIW, I'm still troubled by COTG. I'm sat here with the Royal Accountant's Season 1 DVD box-set. Two of the DVD's are rated 12, and two are rated PG. The fifth (and thus the box-set as a whole) is rated 18, presumably due to the outbreak of full-frontal nudity in COTG. Now I'd like to think that I'm not a prude, but I found that scene embarrassing when I and the RA were watching it together. To my mind it was totally pointless (gratuitous, even), and added nothing to the story. But the effect has been to put Season 1 into the "Adult" category as far as retailers are concerned and, as it says on the tin, "Only suitable for persons of 18 years and over".

1s4S
          Love the way you put that. It did seem so unnecessary. After all, the Gou'ald don't infest you through the breast.

Sam is in the latest new season preview much more than the last one I saw. Yay!
          As for Sam lines: in 48 hours (I may not have the exact quotes)--to Mckay--

McKay: I just figured it was a waste of time assuming you were right about everything.
          Sam:Leaving more time to devote to your fan club.

McKay: We seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot.
          Sam: Gee, what probabilty factor did you use figuring that out?

Comment

Speaking of jumping on every little tidbit of information, here's a Joe M. question and response

Originally Posted by SueS
            Hey Joe,

In S9, which episode would you say has been the best episode for each character (Mitchell, Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c) - i.e. in your opinion which S9 episode have Ben, Michael, Amanda, and Chris done their best work in?

Thanks

SueS

Joe's answer

spoilers for s9's the fourth horseman

Spoiler:

(edited)

Sam - Amanda does a wonderful job in The Fourth Horseman as Sam struggles to help save the world under an incredible emotional strain.

NC

Spoiler:

yay!

so, what's the incredible emotional strain?

i went and took another look at the ep on gateworld's ep guide. it says that orlin's mind is messed with by the ori. maybe sam's is too? and i'm feeling that sam's going to be infected by the plague. oh, do we even know what the syptoms are of that plague?

can't wait for that ep!

oh, wait... it's a two parter... i hope we're not going to be left all hiatis with wondering about sam's health...

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
              yes, amazing job, AstroG!!! Thanks for all your hard work on this.

Note on TV Guide ad: The picture of AT and BB is in the July 3 issue and will be on newstands this Thursday. (this is just the advertisement for it--in the following issue of July 10, there will be an article on the 3 friday night scifi shows.)

You can see the picture at the Farscape Kansas forum:

forums.scaperoute.com/kansas/ in the Kansas folder. The thread is something like Ben in TV Guide. It really does look like a new picture of AT with Ben, and a really nice one at that.
              Here's the pic

Edit: Ooops looks like I'm a bit too late... NC already beat me to it!! LOL
              But mine is bigger!! ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                Sam is in the latest new season preview much more than the last one I saw. Yay!

As for Sam lines: in 48 hours (I may not have the exact quotes)--to Mckay--

McKay: I just figured it was a waste of time assuming you were right about everything.

Sam: Gee, what probabilty factor did you use figuring that out?

Good lines, jckfan55.

I haven't seen the latest new season preview tonight---does it have season 9 carter, or are all the Sam shots from previous seasons, like the last one?

Comment

Here's the picture as copied from the Kansas forum. When I get my TV Guide later this week, if I can get a better scan, I'll post it.

NC
                  woo hoo!!!

yeah, it looks new.

(new amanda - does squee dance)

can't wait to read the article.

oh, wouldn't it be fantastic if amanda/sam was on the front cover?!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=jckfan55]
                    Sam is in the latest new season preview much more than the last one I saw. Yay! //

yay indeed!

can you tell us what it looks like; for those of us that aren't watching scifi at the moment?

// As for Sam lines: in 48 hours (I may not have the exact quotes)--to Mckay--

Sam: Gee, what probabilty factor did you use figuring that out?//

the sam/mckay banter was so fun!

i remember, shortly after their first stuff together, some ppl saying they thought sam should be shipped with him. and i remember my jaw hitting the floor. this man, no matter how fun it is to watch, treats sam very poorly. if it wasn't for sam taking care of herself in these situations, i'd have wanted mckay to suffer a grisly death. AND, even though pete went super spy on sam, at least he didn't talk to sam like she was sh*t.

glad sam was snarky with mister class.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=majorsal]
                      Originally posted by jckfan55
                      Sam is in the latest new season preview much more than the last one I saw. Yay! //

yay indeed!

can you tell us what it looks like; for those of us that aren't watching scifi at the moment?

sally
                      It goes really fast, with lots of fast cuts, so I can't quite tell if there are new Sam shots or not. I think at least 1 or 2 are. They emphasize the "new"--new team members, new allies, new adversaries...they show BB, CB & LG, but we also see Daniel (beard) and Sam several times. They show Mitchell saying something like "I want to be on the front lines with the best" and then you see Daniel & Sam shots. I'm feeling more confident that things will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

i remember, shortly after their first stuff together, some ppl saying they thought sam should be shipped with him. and i remember my jaw hitting the floor. this man, no matter how fun it is to watch, treats sam very poorly. if it wasn't for sam taking care of herself in these situations, i'd have wanted mckay to suffer a grisly death. AND, even though pete went super spy on sam, at least he didn't talk to sam like she was sh*t.

glad sam was snarky with mister class.

sally
                        Haha, not a fan of Sam/McKay?
                        TBH though, Sam doesn't treat McKay much better

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Haha, not a fan of Sam/McKay?
                          TBH though, Sam doesn't treat McKay much better
                          I like them as antagonists with NO romantic potential. For me, he's the jerk you love to hate. It was kind of fun to see someone who didn't automatically bow to Carter's brilliance; who challenged her a little. But I also felt it was important that the end it was clearly proven that Sam was right & he was wrong, wrong, wrong. Did I mention, wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            Wonderful job Astrog! Thanks again for all your long hours and dedication to get this book created and printed. You've truly outdone yourself!
                            You're awesome Astrog!
                            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                            Hic Comitas Regit
                            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

I feel that Sam/AT should be given a full page all by herself. Putting Mitchel/BB beside her makes me cringe as if they are pairing her of again with another guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Ok here's a few one liners and Sam quotes I could find or think of tonight. I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled for more.

This isn’t a Sam quote but I think it’s cool anyway because it’s about Sam.
                                Jack: We can work miracles! ...That's what it'll look like to them.
                                Daniel: That's what 'what' will look like to them?
                                Jack: Whatever Carter comes up with, I don't know.
                                -Red Sky

One liners:

"I guess I've always had a thing for the lunatic fringe."

-The First Commandment

"Holy Hannah!" - Cold Lazarus

Sam: Narim... Is that my voice?
                                - "Between Two Fires"

Sam: "Drop the weapon. You ever seen one of these things work? 'Cause there's nothing more I'd like to do right now than demonstrate."
                                - Fair Game

Sam: "Why do I feel like I'm in a women behind bars movie?"
                                -Hathor

Sam Quotes:

Daniel: "It was trying to communicate with us."
                                Sam: "I don't know the magic password. Do you?"

- Cold Lazarus

Jack: All things considered, Samantha, if we have to come back here, it might be a better idea to bring an all male team. No offence.

Sam: Well, in view of the fact that you all get to go to this party tonight and I get to stay in the yurt, that smalls like rancid yak butter, none taken. I'll just get a good night’s sleep, and hope for better luck next time.

Jack: You going to be alright?

Sam: Still doubting me? I haven't been afraid of the dark since I was two.

Jack: You look great
                                -Emancipation

Carter to Daniel who's feeling her chest through her ripped clothes:
                                Hey, what are you looking at?
                                Daniel: I felt that blast kill me. I mean, I thought I...I thought we were dead. Weren't we dead?
                                Sam: Yeah...
                                Daniel: Ok. Well I thought heaven would be a little more upscale.
                                Sam: Oh...I don't think this is heaven.

-The Nox

Jonas Quinn: Hey, Major? How do I know what color to wear?
                                Sam: We call each other every morning.

-Redemption

Corso: You're an officer in your homeworld's military, you're a scientist, an explorer, and apparently you're a pretty fair mechanic.
                                Sam: And I make a mean souffle.

-Forsaken

Sam: So Dad, you really don't think we have a chance of finding this Goa'uld, do you?
                                Jacob: It was the mission Garshaw assigned me.
                                Sam: You didn't request it? Dad?
                                Jacob: Why would I request it?
                                Sam: Come on, would it be so awful to admit that you just wanted a chance to see me?
                                Jacob: Of course not, you're right. That's why I requested it.
                                Sam: Okay, so that's obviously not the reason.

-Seth

Samantha: "Nice...hair."
                                Sam: "Ah, Air Force."
                                Samantha: "I can't imagine that, going military."
                                Sam: "Wow, I can't imagine not."

-POV

Teal'c: "The destruction of the hammer device to save my life may have caused this. If so, I am responsible."
                                Jack: "General, I gave the order."
                                Daniel: "And I fired the staff at the machine."
                                Sam: "And I...was there."

- Thor's Chariot

Dr. Markov: Is he always like this?
                                Sam: Actually, this is quite charming.
                                - Watergate

Jack: Carter? Any idea what this thing is yet?
                                Sam: No, sir, but the technology is very advanced,
                                Jack: So... what? Two hours?
                                Sam: Very advanced.
                                -Ascension

Sam: Your world famous omlette??? What's in it?
                                Jack: Eggs... and there's a secret ingredient.
                                Sam: It's beer, isn't it?
                                -Citizen Joe

Sam: Our goal is to take out Anubis' new super weapon. It's what gives him a clear advantage over the rest of the Goa'uld mother ships. Now, we've received word from Teal'c that Yu has pledged to bring the full force of the remaining system lords' fleet down on Anubis once we've succeeded."
                                Jack: Okay. Everyone who thinks this is absolutely an insane idea, raise your hand. Come on, be honest."
                                [Everyone, including Sam, eventually raise their hand]
                                -Fallen

AU Sam: I don’t really like guns."
                                AU Jack: Neither do I. How do you feel about explosives?"
                                AU Sam: Those I like a little better."
                                - Moebius

Jack: "Will you two give it a rest? Both of you. You've been at this for 24 hours. You need rest."
                                Merrin: "I do not need to. Uroan children require little sleep."
                                Sam: "Okay, now I am jealous." - Learning Curve

Jack: "What's with the 'worm' part? The worm thing? I...I don't get that."
                                Sam: "Um, that's just a metaphor."
                                Jack: "Alright, I knew that."
                                Sam: "Imagine the galaxy is an apple. We burrow our way through the apple like a worm, crossing from one side to another instead of going around the outside."
                                Jack does some heavy thinking...still thinking... Sam stares at him waiting for some sign of understanding from him. Finally, he responds: "Okay."
                                Sam: "Now, of course, the diameter of the apple is just a two-dimensional representation of space-time and, well, the hole isn't really a hole per se but an incremental conduit..." She cuts herself off, realizing Jack is starting to tune her out. "Colonel?"
                                Jack: "Okay." He makes some cute finger gestures. "I'll be alright."
                                Sam, smiling: "Okay. - Matter of Time
                                amazing line up

Comment

Working...
                                X