No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies I've not been posting. I have been lurking a little. I'm still trying to avoid spoilers for season 9 - though I have little interest in the first 5 eps. Apart from the fact I heard that CM is a somewhat goofy Colonel- which actually could be fun.

I'm very sad about the way they are dressing CB - It has really got my goat (Is that a Brit saying only?). It is so sad to think of boys and men of all ages playing pocket billiards when watching SG1 - I always thought the programme was so much better than that!!

Glad the chaps on this thread are equaly as offended it helps to put this kind of thing into perspective a little!

AND 1SPEED I KNOW YOU'RE BACK - GET POSTING!! Or I'll tell everyone your fave ep to date is Hathor ....OOOPS!!
    Last edited by Coley; 26 June 2005, 06:37 AM.

Comment

hugs to Deepspace for all the efforts with her thread CD she has sent to Astro for all of us Many thanks!!

Comment

I'm getting the next VERY POOR VALUE DVD release TOMORROW. I'm just hoping it has the 90min version of threads. The first 2 DVD's had a cut down version of the Sci Fi Special - No mention of AT is hot that I could see anyway!! So I'm half expecting the worst!!

Comment

TSaxlady - I think it was you who posted re the upcoming SFX mag. From what I have seen re the contents ad info (via ChopinGal) It is not a big article. I'm off on hols the day after its release but I will try my best to post anything interesting before I go!!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            It would probably be a good idea for other people besides myself or MajorSam to do this because we want to show that there are more than 2 people involved here...
            Since I see that some have said they sent thiers later than others and it may take a little longer for delieveries to Canada from other countries I will wait a little while and I will post a follow-up on the AJM next week sometime. I too am curious as to whether they received the deliveries.

(As an aside - since TPTB seem so enamoured of comedy right now - vala is allegedly sooo funny and they name supposedly comedy/funny eps as their favorites of S9 thus far, and they did an entire ep filled with comedy from things they read on the inet - Citizen Joe, perhaps they can incorporate a line into one of their comedy epsiodes, which it sounds like they will have in abundance this season, about the hundreds of blue jello boxes they have hanging around the SGC . . . maybe something like upon Carter's return they tell her she has to start eating it 2-3 times a day because while she was gone it piled up since she's the reason they order it and since they knew she would be back to lead SG1 they did not bother to stop the delieveries.)
            Last edited by binkpmmc; 26 June 2005, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Shoot, I just sent my blue jello to Joe, not to the others. Guess I'll have to send hubby to the store today and get more boxes of jello. I'll have them in the mail by tomorrow (I hope). I'm not allowed out yet, and as we're in the middle of a heat wave, I'm kinda glad. I'll make sure my honey does the work. He's finally been converted to an SG-1 fan (after years of hard work on my part) and he adores Sam.

Glad everyone is doing well, I'm hanging in there. Knowing the new season is almost here is helping. So are your all your messages. I thank you so much.

I would have loved to be going to the Burbank Con, I think it's going to be the best Con of the summer, except for AT's appearance at Gatecon. I can't believe I can't go to any. I'm really and truly pissed.

OK, time to go.....again. Trying to pop in at least once every few days, and I know I'm behind on my cooking and baking. I promise, I'll make up for it. Maybe a summer barbeque????

Comment

I wanted to apologize for not posting much lately either... I've been finding myself getting frustrated with many of the spoilers and comments made on other threads so I've been logging on only to catch up with this thread and make a post or two so to allow myself to become too negative. I know its easy for everyone to become frustrated with the lack of information coming out of Vancouver, but I would suggest we all try to just ignore it for awhile and think more of the positive aspects of Sam returning to the SGC. Just the fact that Sam is returning and we'll soon be able to see her once again in action is a good thing; and regardless of what the writers ask of Amanda, I think she will be absolutely radiant on-camera knowing that baby Olivia is so close by.

Totally off-topic, I broke down and did the unthinkable this weekend. I allowed my husband to talk me into buying a new puppy. Don't get me wrong, I love animals but I'm horribly allergic to pet dander and have been avoiding this situation for four years now. But my family's pestering finally got the best of me and I decided I would be willing to go back on allergy medication to make everyone else happy. Ah the joys of being a mother.

Anyway, she's a chocolate brown lab with hazel-green eyes and she's absolutely adorable. Everyone around the house has falling madly in love with her already. We still haven't picked out a name. My 14yr old wants to call her Cocoa, but my four year old wants to name her Brownish... so I think we are leaning towards "Brownish Cocoa" and hopefully just Cocoa as a nickname. If I get around to it I'll post a picture of her in the next few days.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!! We've only got a few more weeks of waiting, let's all try to stay positive in the mean time!!!

Hugs
                Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria

I would have loved to be going to the Burbank Con, I think it's going to be the best Con of the summer, except for AT's appearance at Gatecon. I can't believe I can't go to any. I'm really and truly pissed.
                  ((atteria))

if it makes you feel any better, i'm in the same con boat. I can't do gatecon because of the timing (they literally picked the one week of the year i can't get time off) and if the rumors are true about gabit being this fall, then i can't do it either. I've already made my vacation plans and am committed to sharing rooms and i won't have the time off to take until after the first of the year, nor the money really since the uk is so expensive

All i want to do is get to meet amanda but it seems to be the one thing i'm destined not to do

guess we'll just have to live vicariously through the posts of others
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    don't lose faith uber

first of all, they rarely if ever mention the letters they get. no need to encourage things

second of all, i don't know about you guys, but i mailed mine last saturday so i doubt they've gotten them yet
                    Which shows that...in the words of the great BUGS BUNNY..."He don't know me very well, do he?????"

I get a teensey bit depressed for about 2.5 seconds...and then I start planning for the NEXT one, which will have more publicity and more participation.

So if his goal was to discourage others, he might have succeeded...who knows...but if he was trying to discourage ME, well, let's just say he failed miserably and leave it there...

Last edited by Uber; 26 June 2005, 12:08 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Okay...new challenge for you all.

We've done the whole "favorite quote" thing a few times...but here it is again...WITH A TWIST!

What's your favorite Sam ONE LINER???

This is much tougher than favorite quote because, well, Jack usually is the one with all the one liners...

So hop to it Samandans!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

to general bauer in Chain Reaction

'yes, i'm sure it'll be much safer up there'

maybe not totally a one liner per se but definitely snarky sam. one of the first times that we get to see her
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                          AND 1SPEED I KNOW YOU'RE BACK - GET POSTING!! Or I'll tell everyone your fave ep to date is Hathor ....OOOPS!!
                          OK, I admit it. But please bear in mind, I watched it in the company of a dram or two of 15 year-old Dalwhinnie, so my judgement may have been slightly clouded...

Anyway, yes, I’m back from my mission to planet P3-AL8A.

And it gives me great pleasure to inform the Court that I have successfully claimed the summits of the following Munros (Scottish mountains over 3000ft) in the name of our Queen and the People of Samanda:-

Ben Macdui

(Shortly after taking this picture, the Official Mission Photographer was wounded in the back, and had to return home early. )

Creag Meagaidh
                          Stob Poite Coire Ardair
                          Carn Liath
                          Meall Chuaich
                          A’ Chailleach
                          Carn Sgulain
                          Sgor Gaoith

Now all I need to do is fix my blisters, then catch up on what you groovy funsters have been up to while I’ve been away. This could take a while…

Ahh, but it’s grand to be back home.

1s4S
                          Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 26 June 2005, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Welcome back 1s4S!!! Glad you had a great time and secured new territory for Samanda.

For you, and anyone else that's feeling a bit peckish, try some Southern style barbeque. I'll try and have a feast ready for next week.....can't have you all losing weight, just because I am.

Enjoy! See you soon.....

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                              OK, I admit it. But please bear in mind, I watched it in the company of a dram or two of 15 year-old Dalwhinnie, so my judgement may have been slightly clouded...

Anyway, yes, I’m back from my mission to planet P3-AL8A.

And it gives me great pleasure to inform the Court that I have successfully claimed the summits of the following Munros (Scottish mountains over 3000ft) in the name of our Queen and the People of Samanda:-

Ben Macdui

(Shortly after taking this picture, the Official Mission Photographer was wounded in the back, and had to return home early. )

Creag Meagaidh
                              Stob Poite Coire Ardair
                              Carn Liath
                              Meall Chuaich
                              A’ Chailleach
                              Carn Sgulain
                              Sgor Gaoith

Now all I need to do is fix my blisters, then catch up on what you groovy funsters have been up to while I’ve been away. This could take a while…

Ahh, but it’s grand to be back home.

1s4S
                              Aah ! The wonderful gaelic words ! Slightly different but they remind me of my time in Ireland.
                              Did you have a Samandan banner to hold on the top of your glorious conquests ?
                              Glad to know that you had a great time despite the blisters.
                              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Okay...new challenge for you all.

We've done the whole "favorite quote" thing a few times...but here it is again...WITH A TWIST!

What's your favorite Sam ONE LINER???

This is much tougher than favorite quote because, well, Jack usually is the one with all the one liners...

So hop to it Samandans!
                                I never can remember the eps where I see these things, but Sam, Jack and Jacob are all on a Goa'uld ship planning what to do next, and Jacob gets a little testy. Jack says something back, and Sam replies, "Welcome to MY world!"

Sounds so like something that would happen between my mom, hubby and me!

There's also the one where they're fighting Goa'uld (again, never able to remember the eps off the top of my head) and they're running down the hall with their P90s, and Jack asks Sam about having fun, and she replies, "I'm having fun NOW, Sir!"

Also a great one! Now, someone fill in the names of the eps, please!

Comment

Working...
                                X